Halloween 2017 Wrap-Up

The Mayor

whatttt

I'm mostly shocked about Giga's and Black's identities. Rick was hard to guess since he wasn't really active, but Danganronpa... it didn't feel like Black at all. Then again he was acting as multiple people.

You guys were good.

Oh, so Black was Usami all along? Never saw this coming since I would think he of all YCM users would see how granting awards to artists and CC reviewers back in summer was as a good idea; but once Usami shot the suggestions down I assumed the person behind had to be someone who isn't familiar with those 2 roles, nor appreciates them. I have been misled since then, thinking Usami was, let's say, Yui xD

Oh right, I'm curious about the decks the monsters were piloting. Skulldeat was mentioned earlier, but I thought the card was leaked after the monsters submitted the decks? Then they shouldn't have been able to run it D:

ydvIyn8.png?1

You're making me blush~

I used Monokuma to make joking shootdowns (mostly because Usami was just too sweet to handle actual conflict/serious stuff, which was an oversight), but I do stand by not including those. Reviewer overlaps with Card Maker a bit too much.

Thank you.

This probably isn't helping matters, but I had a really bad experience with someone who introduced me to DanganRonpa that soured me a lot on that series. I think it's for the best that I honestly would have never expected it to be you. If anything, I would have seen that other guy instead of you, but that's my personal experience outside of this site, which is why I wanted to be a bit more carefree, such as with the Hiyoko thread.

...Also, I seriously apologize if the snide comments in the Byakuya thread seemed passive-aggressive towards you. It was honestly meant only to poke fun at Byakuya as a character, so I hope those didn't have another layer to them.

Sorry if any of this sounds like spitting in your face. I appreciate that you honestly are trying to express gratitude, and I don't want to undermine that in any way. I just think that, since this is the wrap-up thread for Halloween, might as well vent all this out now and then be done with it.

>hiyoko thread

N O

I WAS SO funking SCARED OF ANYTHING I SAID THERE BEING TAKEN THE WRONG WAY GOOD GOD @_@

I mean playing up what a brat she is was fun as hell, but Jesus.

Nah, Byakuya comments were fine. With it being associated with the character, I knew what you meant. Granted, you asked fat!Byakuya, who had a non-jabroni rebuttal, so it all worked out.

And no problems. I know you'r enot trying to put me down or pick a fight, and this is defo the place for this sort of thing.

NOW ON TO MORE GENERAL DANGANRONPA/USAMI THINGS

1. Apparently I played Usami too well, because people told me she was annoying which led to them just not caring about her being awol. This actually made it harder to fit in the true identity bit at the end, because I couldn't get people to snatch up the references to Usami I used as bait qq
  2. I intentionally changed my typing a good bit to make this less apparently me. Using - instead of * to show action, making intentional typos (their/there/they're, your/you're, etc.), and just omitting usage of commas or periods at times. I even used smaller ellipses (.. instead of ...) for anything following a sentence.
  3. I had Monokuma jokingly call himself the best in the cast... but I meant it when I said Hifumi was the worst.
  4. Mitch actually guessed me waaaay back at the Awards, considering this is totally my MO. I owe them 20k points for that.
  5. Other stuff saved for AMA I'm about to post I guess???

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used Monokuma to make joking shootdowns (mostly because Usami was just too sweet to handle actual conflict/serious stuff, which was an oversight), but I do stand by not including those. Reviewer overlaps with Card Maker a bit too much.

It does, to be honest. The suggestion was a not-so-subtle attempt at acknowledging those users who drop CC reviews but don't make as many (good) cards as before, which, truth be told, is the case of most card makers nowadays, especially the veterans xD

But I still believe artists deserved an award. I mean, the Showcase crew has been such a driving force in YCM activity for years now. I found somewhat unfair that they were left out.

As you have all known for some time, I, acclaimed poster and commenter N. Guin Shyamalan, was indeed the man behind the magic that was acclaimed writer and director M. Night Shyamalan. What you may not know, however may have guessed, is that the """storyline""" I ended up pursuing was not remotely planned ahead of time. It had been my intention to remain acclaimed as both a writer and director for the majority of the event, and maybe throw in one stupid twist right at the end, but the world conspired against me in conjunction with my own retardation to create the shambles that you were all witness to.

I feel I started strongly, given my intentions and the limitations I imposed on myself both intentionally and unintentionally with the one-note posts and established egocentrism. The first couple of days were fun, and if I had been able to continue that vein I think there might have been room to develop an actual plotline, or at least maintain a level of coherence that was noticeably missing in actuality. Everything derailed on the 20th of October. I found out I was going to be without internet for 2 days and, in a terrible error of judgement, decided to explain the absence of acclaimed writer and director M. Night Shyamalan in character rather than just saying nothing; "I, acclaimed writer and director M. Night Shyamalan, will be taking a two day sabbatical to find myself."

Well ok so there was another 3 or 4 paragraphs here but they vanished when I made the post so funk this I'm not typing it out again. Imagine the rest.

Enguin, you really set a new standard for quality meme content on YCM with your performance as M. Night Shyamalan. Thank you.

Speedroid used an updated version of his Murtaugh deck to duel me as N. Tropy to take control of a Crystal.

This isn't true in the slightest. Murtaugh's deck was basically Shiranui Inferno Tempest with a load of other banish-centric meme sheet in there, while my deck that I used to defeat 3/5 monsters and Dr N. Tropy was 30 traps Paleozoic. Both decks ran Pot of Desires and both decks ran the Grinder Golem engine, although Murtaugh's deck had it to a lesser degree since it couldn't use Security Dragon and most of the time it still needed 1 token left over to ram into Grinder with to trigger Inferno Tempest. I will post both decks in TCG & OCG Decks to prove that they are nothing alike.

Oh right, I'm curious about the decks the monsters were piloting. Skulldeat was mentioned earlier, but I thought the card was leaked after the monsters submitted the decks? Then they shouldn't have been able to run it D:

Skulldeat was in Extreme Force, which was allowed for the monster duelists. If I did summon it as Murtaugh however, I don't remember it since without Security Dragon it's kinda difficult to make in such a deck. I'll post Mur's deck in TCG & OCG Decks.

Won't lie, as Ivan, I was suggested to participate in the Monster Duels with Graydles by Giga. I only turned that suggestion down for two reasons:

1. Duelingbook is like DN and not automated XD
  2. I knew nothing about Graydles

If I did Ivan again, I'd definitely would have to try them out next time.

Either way, I had fun as Ivan Ooze and was glad everyone enjoyed him as much as I did acting as him! Went so far into this that I created a meme on Giga's request for it XD THAT'S dedication!

So Speedroid was that dickhead Murtaugh? Wow. Well played.

I did suspect a few people, but there was little point since I might have got them wrong but I’ll put them in anyway.

I suspected BS to be Heavy. Nope.

Suspected Tes would be Shu. Hell no. Flavius was a second choice so why did I not choose that first?

Thought Chaos Sonic was Malicious for a very obvious reason. funk no.

Suspected M. Night Shyamalan was Enguin. funk yeah, he was. I could tell by the way he was speaking nearly half way through.

The rest of them, I had no idea until this came up.

Some of these unmaskings though. Dayum.

I never would've expected Tes to be Flavius. As it turns out, Shu was helping Tes revive himself alongside Chaotic Angel, which, in hindsight, is funking hilarious.

Also hilarious in hindsight is Giga being Rick. It makes sense, considering how Rick like never showed up.

...n-no offense, dood.

Funny thing about Godzilla being Zai, too: The reason Godzilla showed up only like 2 or 3 days is because I introduced Zai to Super Robot Wars J. So he was busy playing that when he could've actually done sheet in the event.

Mah b.

Those are just about all the comments I wanted to make about other monsters. Now for my personal opinion on myself as Shu.

...I could've done a lot better, honestly. I had the basic idea for Mr. Black Hole Sun down pat, but I kinda flanderized his arrogance early on. By which I mean I took that aspect of him and kinda turned it up to around the 11 spot. Whoops.

I had an idea for Shu's carnival game that, either due to Giga's absence or something I should've done but didn't, never took off, unfortunately. Basically, multiple people would've been able to pilot a few different mechs from Super Robot Wars Original Generation 1 and fight Shu's Granzon together to earn tickets. Again, it never took off, which is a shame, 'cause it was a pretty fun idea.

Speaking of fun ideas, it was an overall good time playing as Shu. Attacking Godzilla and fighting Murtaugh with the Granzon was a ton of fun, and seeing people's reactions, especially to the former, was a real treat.

Let's hope for an even better Masquerade next year. Cheers!~

Okay so as the missing monster I feel like I should explain myself and why I missed out on the whole event.

I have two jobs and normally I don't get enough hours that they actually get in the way of things, but like 4 people quit very suddenly across both, and I was called in to work a lot. Went from like 40-50 total work hours a week to like 80-90. I'm really sorry I wasn't able to actually do anything.

Also what really bothers me about it is I'm pretty sure I could have done a pretty good job of playing The Undertaker but due to scheduling issues I didn't really have a lot of time.

Okay so as the missing monster I feel like I should explain myself and why I missed out on the whole event.

I have two jobs and normally I don't get enough hours that they actually get in the way of things, but like 4 people quit very suddenly across both, and I was called in to work a lot. Went from like 40-50 total work hours a week to like 80-90. I'm really sorry I wasn't able to actually do anything.

Also what really bothers me about it is I'm pretty sure I could have done a pretty good job of playing The Undertaker but due to scheduling issues I didn't really have a lot of time.

You totally rocked it as the Undertaker. When you made that post announcing your arrival on the first of November, I couldn't breathe for laughing. You did really well and you should be proud of yourself.

Archived