Poor, poor Reptiles :(

ABC Gun

I honestly feel bad for Reptiles (not just the real-world ones that are constantly threatened by increasingly invasive activities by we humans, although to be honest they might be worse off than the ones in this children's card game); I feel the entire Type has been forgotten about by Konami, along with Pyros but what I'm saying here also applies to them and I just want to moan and gripe about it, if you'll let me.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reptile
​That's the link to the wikia page for Reptiles and what get's to me are a few snippets such as;
"Reptile (Japanese: 爬は虫ちゅう類るい Hachūrui) monsters were once one of the most overlooked and undersupported types, their only real use previously being Tribute fodder for "Ultra Evolution Pill". However, with the release of the "Alien" and "Venom" archetypes, Reptiles have come into their own as a Type that focuses on controlling the opponent with the use of Counters."

"Reptiles gain no boost from any Field Spell Card; however, Aliens do get a helping hand from "Otherworld - The "A" Zone" , while Venoms benefit from "Venom Swamp."

"Archetypes include "Alien", "Venom", "Worm", "Reptilianne", "Alligator" and "Evoltile". These archetypes have given Reptiles representation in all Attributes. WATER and EARTH remain the most represented Attributes for Reptiles."

The one thing each of these snippets has in common; the fact that all of these things are badly outdated to the point where it needs an overhaul if only for the sake of being relevant, but that would be hard to do as Reptiles as a whole have done literally nothing for years now. For starters, the page talks about Reptiles as being overlooked and used as fodder for Tributes and other things; that is absolutely not true any more, no one plays anything thats a Reptile in most modern competitive Decks aside from a few generic monsters (Masked Chameleon, Kagetokage, King of the Feral Imps, etc.) but those monsters are a small handful and honestly a lot of them came from ZEXAL and haven't been relevant since then. The part that states Reptiles have no Field Spell booster is sad to me but the bigger problem is right now, we're in an era where Field Spells are getting not just better all the time but in opposition to what I just said, there are many modern competitive Decks that can't even do anything without the Field Spell that Konami gave them (True Draco), and they've been giving so many Archetypes good-to-great Field Spell support at least since the latter-half of ARC-V. BTW, we haven't gotten a new mostly Reptile Archetype since ZEXAL with the Evoltiles which were just a bunch of water-downed Gladiator Beasts that were supposed to be used with the DINOSAUR Type Evolsaurs; of course nobody did that they just put 3 (or 1 depending on the format) Resuce Rabbits with 3 Kabazauls and/or Sabersaurus and just spammed out Evolzar Laggia or Dolkka.

​The biggest thing I find frustrating is that Konami now has this weird urge to give us "new" Types with every other new series they make, Psychics for 5D's, Wyrms for ARC-V, and now Cyberse for VRAINS; each of those Types was I think meant to be an alternative to an already existing Type(s) (Psychics for Machines and Spellcasters, Wyrms for Dragons and Sea Serpents, and Cyberse for Machines and Spellcasters, again) which I think is stupid because instead of trying to replace old Types but then not really every Type I just listed kept getting support even after Konami made those new Types; instead focus on giving new support to old Types that haven't gotten anything in a long time now, not just Reptiles but Pyros too, maybe even Thunder and I think they could do it if they want to but for some reason they don't.

​I'll keep playing this game until Konami officially cancels it, however for the meantime I would really enjoy it if Konami would make at least an attempt to give support to older cards and they've been doing a great job since the end of ZEXAL, now I think its time to give not just Archetypes or certain themes support but also a few monster types here and there.

Archived