Terrormite Archetype (13/13)

Atypical-Abbie

Terrormite is an Archetype of Insect/DARK Level 1 monsters. They focus on Xyz Summoning and monster spam. Each monster has an effect that Special Summons them from the hand if you control less Terrormite monsters than your opponent controls monsters. The main strategy involves using Acarapis's effect to Special Summon 3 Macropalpis, which you can then use to attach 3 more materials to Demodex, which makes you able to use its last effect for massive destruction and damage. The fastest you can do this is by using Eriophyes to Special Summon Acarapis, and Tribute both it and Acarapis to Special Summon Macropalpis, then Xyz Summoned Demodex and then attach Erophyes and Acarapis. They are based on various mites and ticks, and concepts related to mites and ticks.

Main Deck Monsters:

Terrormite Cyclamen
Insect/DARK
Level 1
If you control less "Terrormite" monsters than your opponent controls monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only Special Summon "Terrormite Cyclamen" once per turn this way. You can Tribute 1 "Terrormite" monster; add 1 "Terrormite" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Terrormite Cyclamen". You can only use this effect of "Terrormite Cyclamen" once per turn.
0/0

Terrormite Acarapis
Insect/DARK
Level 1
If you control less "Terrormite" monsters than your opponent controls monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only Special Summon "Terrormite Acarapis" once per turn this way. You can Tribute 2 "Terrormite" monsters; Special Summon 1 "Terrormite" monster from your hand, then you can Special Summon as many monsters with the same name as that monster from your Deck as possible, but if you Special Summon from your Deck, they have their effects negated and cannot attack. You can only use this effect of "Terrormite Acarapis" once per turn.
100/100

Terrormite Macropalpis
Insect/DARK
Level 1
If you control less "Terrormite" monsters than your opponent controls monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only Special Summon "Terrormite Macropalpis" once per turn this way. A DARK Xyz Monster that was Xyz Summoned using this card as material gains this effect:
● If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 "Terrormite" monster in your GY; either add it to your hand, or attach it to this card as material.
200/200

Terrormite Tetranychus
Insect/DARK
Level 1
If you control less "Terrormite" monsters than your opponent controls monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only Special Summon "Terrormite Tetranychus" once per turn this way. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 "Terrormite" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Terrormite Tetranychus". You can only use this effect of "Terrormite Tetranychus" once per turn.
300/300

Terrormite Panonychus
Insect/DARK
Level 1
If you control less "Terrormite" monsters than your opponent controls monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only Special Summon "Terrormite Panoychus" once per turn this way. You can Tribute this card, then target 1 "Terrormite" monster in your GY, except "Terrormite Panonychus"; Special Summon that target. You can only use this effect of "Terrormite Panonychus" once per turn.
400/400

Terrormite Eriophyes
Insect/DARK
Level 1
If you control less "Terrormite" monsters than your opponent controls monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only Special Summon "Terrormite Eriophyes" once per turn this way. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Terrormite" monster from your hand, except "Terrormite Eriophyes". You cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK monsters the turn you activate this effect. You can only use this effect of "Terrormite Eriophyes" once per turn.
500/500

Extra Deck Monsters:

Terrormite Demodex
Insect/DARK/Xyz
Rank 1
3 Level 1 "Terrormite" monsters
Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; this turn, if this card battles an opponent's monster, during damage calculation only, that monster loses 1000 ATK and DEF for each material attached to this card. You can detach 5 materials from this card; destroy all cards your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed, also for the rest of this turn, other monsters you control cannot attack and your opponent takes no effect damage.
1000/1000

Terrormite Trombicula
Insect/DARK/Xyz
Rank 1
4 Level 1 "Terrormite" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; this card can attack directly this turn. (Quick Effect): You can detach 6 materials from this card; shuffle all cards in your opponent's hand into the Deck, then your opponent takes damage equal to the number of cards x 500, also for the rest of this turn, other monsters you control cannot attack and your opponent takes no further effect damage.
1500/1500

Spells/Traps:

Terrormite Underground
Field Spell
When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Terrormite Token" (Insect/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) to your opponent's field in Defense Position. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 DARK Xyz Monster you control; attach 1 other "Terrormite" monster from your hand or field to that target as a material. If a DARK Xyz Monster detaches a material(s) to activate its effect: It gains 300 ATK and DEF for each material detached.

Terrormite Infection
Normal Spell
If only your opponent controls a face-up monster: Special Summon up to 2 "Terrormite" monsters from your hand with different names, then if your opponent controls a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can Special Summon 1 "Terrormite" monster from your Deck with a different name, but it has its effects negated and cannot attack. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK monsters the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Terrormite Infection" per turn.

Terrormite Growth
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 DARK Xyz Monster you control; double its original ATK and DEF, also if it has 3 or more materials attached, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. These changes last until the end of this turn. During your Main Phase, if this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 1 "Terrormite" monster from your hand or field; add this card from your GY to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Terrormite Growth" per turn.   

Terrormite Retreat
Normal Trap
Target "Terrormite" monsters you control or in your GY up the number of face-up cards your opponent controls; shuffle them into the Deck, then if you shuffled 5 or more into the Deck, draw 2 cards. You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 "Terrormite" Spell/Trap in your GY; either add it to your hand, or attach it to a DARK Xyz Monster you control as a material. You can only use each effect of "Terrormite Retreat" once per turn.

Terrormite Removal
Counter Trap

If you control a DARK Xyz Monster monster, when your opponent would Special Summon a monster(s) or a card or effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then you can detach 1 material from a "Terrormite" Xyz Monster you control to Set this card face-down instead of sending it to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Terrormite Removal" per turn.

The Eriophysis, Acarapis and Macropalpis seems fully functional, and a very interesting way to give your main Xyz 5 materials. Shame you need to have another in grave to get that extra 6th material courtesy of Macropalpis, but that's probably much easier done than said. You have your Summoning restrictions, your HOPT, and Erio needs Acarapis in hand to be fully functional. Acarapis probably needs to say "tribute 2 "Terrormite" monsters you control", to prevent memey mirror matches. My only concern is the reliance on the hand of the archetype, which weakens it a little, as Acarapis and later cards both need this.

Tetranychus grants the searching, so grats in that department, but it does seem a bit slow. Outside of that, you don't really have much searching, so I would suggest modifying one of the latter S/T cards to make room for that. Will comment on the one I think is best when I get to it. Panonychus has some GY recycling, which, combined with the later Retreat, works out nicely for covering that aspect. 

Quick intermission: I do like the concept of your play depending on your opponent's, but the fact that it doesn't give an amazing boosts and these cards are decent on their own I feel works out wonderfully.

Demodex works, I guess. Good boss, best case scenario nets you the last effect and a one time use of the first effect...although the first effect is useless after the cost of the second. Shame destruction isn't useful at all these days, but whatever. At least the second effect should be enough to deal with your Fluffal Sabre Tigers and the like (-5000 ATK is a lot)

Infection hits the hand hard, and if your opponent has made plays (slightly less chance now because Links, but w/e) you get one from your Deck. Pretty useful to grab Tetra, but it's a shame if you have to Summon Tetra from your hand, forcing you to just Summon any other Terrormite for fuel. Basic restriction, might have some uses, but I feel too many cards grab from the hand at the moment. Dunno how to buff it without making it too overpowered, as grabbing the Deck is always tricky business.

Growth is an interesting card. If your opponent wants to kill one of your face-up monsters, you can sort of tag-out with this card. ATK boost is fine, helps the beatdown aspect. Not much to say here.

Retreat is Xyz Fuel, recycling material, so and so forth. I am sorely tempted to change the shuffle into "then draw 1 card for every 2 cards shuffled into your Deck this way (max. 2)" to restock the hand advantage it so desperately needs lategame (4 gives max rather than 5), even if your opponent only has 2 or 3 face-up cards. It allows you to recycle another S/T, so that's neat.

Removal is your mandatory counter...well, removal. Really active if you do have your proper Demodex, or even go into 13/31, although less so with the later. Basically just messes with your opponent when you do have plays, but otherwise isn't consistently amazing. I guess it works.

Perhaps my only complaint is with hand advantage, but even so this really replicates the swarming and hiding aspects of little bugs. I rather like this set.

The Eriophysis, Acarapis and Macropalpis seems fully functional, and a very interesting way to give your main Xyz 5 materials. Shame you need to have another in grave to get that extra 6th material courtesy of Macropalpis, but that's probably much easier done than said. You have your Summoning restrictions, your HOPT, and Erio needs Acarapis in hand to be fully functional. Acarapis probably needs to say "tribute 2 "Terrormite" monsters you control", to prevent memey mirror matches. My only concern is the reliance on the hand of the archetype, which weakens it a little, as Acarapis and later cards both need this.

Tetranychus grants the searching, so grats in that department, but it does seem a bit slow. Outside of that, you don't really have much searching, so I would suggest modifying one of the latter S/T cards to make room for that. Will comment on the one I think is best when I get to it. Panonychus has some GY recycling, which, combined with the later Retreat, works out nicely for covering that aspect. 

Quick intermission: I do like the concept of your play depending on your opponent's, but the fact that it doesn't give an amazing boosts and these cards are decent on their own I feel works out wonderfully.

Demodex works, I guess. Good boss, best case scenario nets you the last effect and a one time use of the first effect...although the first effect is useless after the cost of the second. Shame destruction isn't useful at all these days, but whatever. At least the second effect should be enough to deal with your Fluffal Sabre Tigers and the like (-5000 ATK is a lot)

Infection hits the hand hard, and if your opponent has made plays (slightly less chance now because Links, but w/e) you get one from your Deck. Pretty useful to grab Tetra, but it's a shame if you have to Summon Tetra from your hand, forcing you to just Summon any other Terrormite for fuel. Basic restriction, might have some uses, but I feel too many cards grab from the hand at the moment. Dunno how to buff it without making it too overpowered, as grabbing the Deck is always tricky business.

Growth is an interesting card. If your opponent wants to kill one of your face-up monsters, you can sort of tag-out with this card. ATK boost is fine, helps the beatdown aspect. Not much to say here.

Retreat is Xyz Fuel, recycling material, so and so forth. I am sorely tempted to change the shuffle into "then draw 1 card for every 2 cards shuffled into your Deck this way (max. 2)" to restock the hand advantage it so desperately needs lategame (4 gives max rather than 5), even if your opponent only has 2 or 3 face-up cards. It allows you to recycle another S/T, so that's neat.

Removal is your mandatory counter...well, removal. Really active if you do have your proper Demodex, or even go into 13/31, although less so with the later. Basically just messes with your opponent when you do have plays, but otherwise isn't consistently amazing. I guess it works.

Perhaps my only complaint is with hand advantage, but even so this really replicates the swarming and hiding aspects of little bugs. I rather like this set.

Thanks for the review, I originally only had the Special Summoning effect for Xyz Summoning, they weren't meant to pull out 3 monsters at once, but when I designed Acarapis, I realized that they needed a way to substain themselves without relying on the opponent, since without them, they wouldn't be able to function that well, Eriophyes was not in my mind at all when I made them, but realized that without it, they may be screwed over at times. Onto some specific cards:

Acarapis, on the Tributing thing you mentioned, that isn't required, other Tribute based Decks like Hieratic don't use that, because Konami decided that unless stated otherwise, you always Tribute your own monsters, so you don't need to mention that.

Demodex, I am not planning on making it the only boss, and I also want to have more cards that attach materials to them, since that's sort of becoming their other gimmick and fits with the whole mite/tick thing, so that concern of it being dead shouldn't be a problem.

Tetranychus is meant to be used as a Link Material for something like Linkuriboh, since they are designed with those in mind, so it may feel out of place with it not working with Xyz Monsters, though that's because it isn't meant to. I also made other cards that would support it, like Acarapis and Growth's second effect,

Infection, I can see your concern on hand reliance, the idea of the card is that it makes up for your opponent only have one boss monster on the field instead of spamming too, so you can pull out 3 cards, instead of only a few, and not also relying on having Acarapis in your hand either. I may remove the "different name" so it becomes a bit less dead at times.

Retreat, I had it has shuffled 3 and draw one card at one point, I am willing to change it around, though these are designed so that you will quickly have at least 5 cards, though I suppose relying on your opponent having 5 face-ups may be a bit much. I dunno.

Cyclamen is simple searching from the hand; hooray! Even allows you to use other monsters as fodder, so that's something; allowing you to clear dead monsters from your side of the field. You know, I was really hoping to see some Token Summoning to your opponent's side of the field, to try and give you more opportunity to Summon monsters from your hand and counter single monster archetype, but I guess these cards are functional enough on their own. That's something Trombicula could've done, but the fact that it only kills the hand AND you're left with a meh beatstick while your opponent probably still has plays, makes it an option, but not the best one. An alright alternative.

Alright, Underground does the token thing. Hooray! And it even stocks up your Xyzs; EVEN MORE HOORAY! The field is great, it properly buffs up your monsters and supports the themes of the archetype. Of course, that doesn't mean your other cards can't also do these awesome things, but this was a much needed addition.

Archived