Welcome... To The Lion's DEN!

TheLion'sDen

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel Howe, I am 15 year old Australian boy and I hope to produce good quality cards, consistently, I take constructive criticism very well and I am a very open friendly guy.

Don't be afraid to drop a comment on the thread or private message me, I don't bite... Unless I'm hunting... xD

I hope to get to know a lot of people and make friends here, always happy to chat, thanks guys. :-)

Isn't that the name of a store?

Anywho, before you do any of that, I suggest you read the rules. Especially since some differ from section to section and even the subsections in those sections, like Casual and Advanced Cards.

Just follow them, make yourself comfortable, and have fun.

Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker. Enjoy your stay.

Well, let's hope that the future is bright for you here.

But yeah, welcome to YCM.

Like the above user has mentioned, make sure you at least look over the rules and stuff before posting further. Casual and Advanced Cards do have similar standards, but the latter is geared more towards competitive play. Please read them over carefully.

Anyway, if you need help around CC, feel free to ask. I'm the moderator for Custom Cards, and yeah, wrote all the rules as they are.

=======

Have fun :D

Ah, a fellow Australian. Welcome to YCM! Really glad to have someone who intends to make consistent quality cards. I used to make a lot, but ever since my spark dried up, I mainly review stuff now. Feel free to ask me about design choices, balance, rulings, etc. or if you want a complete authority, Sakura is a great person to talk to as well. The mods are more approachable than they might seem :3

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello! My name is Kyumi, and I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

I do have a question for you. Are you a furry like me? Your name suggests it, that's the only reason I'm asking.

Anyway, I love making cards too. Skater is right, new members are rare here, but hopefully, you'll be stickin' around mate.

I'm here to stay, without a doubt, preparing something really BIG before I post, it's gonna be good, let me give you a hint, it's a Marvel deck.

However, I wouldn't really consider myself a furry, I think myself as a Lion more symbolically and spiritually more so than physically, but I do think the aspect of furries are cool and I do like furry related cartoons.

What up Dan.  Pleasure to meet you.  I look forward to seeing what kind of creative cards you can pump out.  I hope you'll find your stay here pleasant.  If you have any questions or concerns that can't be addressed by the news section of the forum, please feel free to message me or any of the staff members.  Good luck and welcome to YCM.

Welcome to YCM, name’s Chaotic Angel.

It’s a pleasure.

I’m assuming you have read the rules already, so I won’t cover much.

If you’re interested in other forums as well, try the Role Playing section. They tend to have a lot of the people you have met in this thread, especially myself. We are a good community so we won’t bite.

Hope you enjoy your stay... Never mind, you already are.

Thanks guys, come to think about it I do have one question, I want to make sub folders for my cards to post on a thread, (Heroes, Villians, Etc) How do I do that?

Do you mean spoilers? If so, here you go.

[spoiler=test]content
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=test]content

You write 

[spoiler=Title]
to open your spoiler, where Title can be anything you want, and then

[/spoiler]
to close it. Every single character is important. Between those two tags is where you put any text you want to show up.

[spoiler=This is a title]some text
some more text
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=This is a title]some text

some more text

Alright, I got it now, thanks, one final problem, when I click on the bottom of my card, instead of giving me a link, it gives me [ img ] [ /img ]

Ah, yes. The YCM card generator is rather buggy and out of date. Its imgur connection has been broken, and now, if you want to post cards, you're going to have to upload them to imgur yourself first. Fortunately, an account there is free, and you have virtually unlimited space.

TCGEditor is a neat offline alternative, which has Pendulums, and the cards it makes look nicer IMO. Magic Set Editor (MSE) is another alternative, designed for MtG but with YuGiOh functionality, but I personally do not like their formatting.

Darn... I'd suggest getting it fixed but I expect you guys are already on that, sorry for being difficult, I can barely use a computer let alone coding. xD

Nah, that's fine.

The main problem is that the owner of this site and the next highest admin are both MIA. YCMaker, said owner, comes back when massive issues hit the site, but is otherwise absent from coding and bugfixing. Hence no Pendulums or Links. So, as you can guess, there are still other problems that we have to live with.

Yeah, we know that the cardmaker is literally outdated and needs fixing, but like Dova mentioned, YCMaker and Falling Pizza (the other admin who most of the members here never heard of) are not here, and the Super Mods can't really do much about it. Out of fairness, YCMaker hasn't come around since May, even though we got on his case in early October when YCM was out for a few days. 

Honestly, I hate telling new members that our cardmaker's broken, YCM has its own issues outside of this that need fixing and the admins don't give a sheet / are inactive with the memberbase, but yeah.

====

There are some card templates you can use that aren't TCGEditor or MSE, but they require GIMP or Photoshop (and are somewhat labor-intensive, but you can modify the text as needed as former tends to shrink after a certain point even when it isn't necessary). I have a Series 9 one stickied in the Showcase forum if you use the former; also has Links. [series 10 one will be released later]

Otherwise, you are more than welcome to just write out your cards. It just means you need to actually type out the Level/Rank/Type, etc, but it's easier than reuploading the picture every time you make changes. 

====

As I've said before, just make sure you read over the rules for CC. Advanced Cards does require an explanation about what they do and how they're supposed to function in the current game. Casual does not require this. (I'll assume you'll be in Casual, so...just post the cards and their effects, and you're fine.)

Archived