Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[DPR] Because Gargoyles apparently make for a cool Stun mechanic

- - - - - DPR DPR Generics Protector of the Sanctuary Monster Effect Monster EARTH Fiend Gargoyle of the Sanctuary Stun

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Advanced Members
  • 890 posts
    Last Visit Aug 16 2018 05:12 AM
  • Discord:CMEshai#4706

Gargoyle of the Sanctuary

EARTH - Level 4 - Fiend/Effect - 2000 ATK/1100 DEF

If the turn player adds a card(s) from their Deck to their hand, except by drawing them during the Draw Phase, for the rest of the turn, neither player can add a card(s) from their Deck to their hand. If this card attacks, negate its effect until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

If you don't know, Protector of the Sanctuary is a peculiarly old card that just says no drawing outside of the Draw Phase. Usually, that's used with Disturbance Strategy, where it reload's your opponent's hand, but then don't because they can't draw cards so they end of with an empty hand. Protector of the Sanctuary is also an EARTH Fiend, so then I thought Gargoyles and then I thought of the second effect.

This card can be used a couple ways. It can be a 2000 ATK beatstick if you want it, or stun your opponent's Deck thinning if you need it. Not much else to say other than that this card might be enough to mainstream Disturbance Strategy if it was released.

EDIT: Made the card not be able to use Disturbance Strategy until they actually add a card to their hand. It's also a bit less punishing if you Special Summon it in response to a search. 

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Armoire

Armoire

Equip Spell Unit

• Advanced Members
  • 786 posts
    Last Visit Nov 17 2018 03:49 AM

It, could easily shut down decks since they're so search/draw-heavy nowadays. The effect negation while attacking part is really interesting and really makes you careful on deciding whether to attack with this card. Overall, it would be a good addition to any Stun Deck. 

imo, this is a stronger Rai-Oh/Mistake since it doesn't just prevent adding to the hand, but also drawing them--meaning the only way each player can get anything in their hand is with their Normal Draw. 

I'm not sure what else to say, but since its stats as a Level 4, EARTH, and Fiend have other things that can help get it. Yeah, I dunno, I like it.

Prizes Won via Contests

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users