Auto upload

Failah

Question

6 answers to this question

Because - as far as I'm aware - that's an issue that requires YCMaker to fix. Unfortunately, our "glorious" admin can't even be bothered to give a rat's ass about his own site beyond the little monthly paychecks he gets from ad revenue, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any issues to be fixed. In the event that a super mod can fix it, I recall them being hesitant to touch the cardmaker for fear of breaking one of the few things on this site that actually almost functions properly.

Pester him enough and he’ll come. That may be our only option.

Do you like getting pinged on Discord or emailed multiple times a day in succession? 

I mean, yeah, it'll work but then YCMaker might just put us on email blocking (even though there are issues that need to be fixed with this site, but hell knows when he'll show up). Last time he showed up was in May. 

tl;dr, YCMaker essentially is a puppet admin at this point; he just owns the site and stuff, but otherwise has no say in the policies that are implemented. 

====

Addressing the original post, there are a few workarounds. 

1. Obviously, save stuff to desktop, then upload it to Imgur.

2. Right-click "get image location" in cardmaker and then enter it into the upload box.

3. Download the Imgur extension app for Firefox/Chrome. In the cardmaker, right-click your card and it should give an option saying "upload to Imgur". That way, you don't have to save or c/p links. You just have to copy/paste the new URL you get. 

Because - as far as I'm aware - that's an issue that requires YCMaker to fix. Unfortunately, our "glorious" admin can't even be bothered to give a rat's ass about his own site beyond the little monthly paychecks he gets from ad revenue, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any issues to be fixed. In the event that a super mod can fix it, I recall them being hesitant to touch the cardmaker for fear of breaking one of the few things on this site that actually almost functions properly.

Yeah, only YCMaker can still fix it without breaking sheet (and if he even gives a damn). 

While I can SEE the cardmaker application now, I cannot actually LOOK into the coding that governs the Imgur uploading and all (including what would need to be done to add Pendulum and Links). evil was still a Super when he made the statement about not wanting to break the coding, since he knows Javascript (I technically have a basic understanding of Java [the standard one], but that is insufficient).

====

We are well aware that YCM has a ton of issues that need to be fixed since early 2016. However, a lot of them are in areas that only YCMaker has access to. Inconvenient as it is to have to do the workaround methods, you'll have to do it for the time being. 

While it'd be nice for YCMaker to check on this place once in a while, especially considering certain issues and stuff that need to be fixed since last year, yeah, he does have an actual job. You think any of the staff members get paid for being here? No.

====

But like Yui and I already mentioned, fixing the Imgur function is something only YCMaker can do, and whether or not he still cares to fix it / can find time to amidst his own stuff is unknown. Like you, we'd like it to be fixed but it's just not something we can do on our own.

[Also don't count on Falling Pizza to show up either.]

Locking this before it devolves into spam.

Archived