Blasterkrieg Brigade [15/15]

VCR_CAT

A theme that I started out thinking that it would be just a little mini-engine that could be slapped into a variety of decks that quickly got out of hand as my ideas developed. Forgive the lack of on-card Vanilla Flavor Text; TCG Editor refused italics for the vanilla pendulums.

[spoiler=Monsters]

gZBYTRP.png

If this card is Normal or Pendulum Summoned: You can add 1 "Blasterkrieg" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Blasterkrieg Supplier". You can target 1 other monster you control: Tribute this card, then Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or GY with the same Type and Attribute as the target monster, except "Blasterkrieg Supplier". You can only use 1 "Blasterkrieg Supplier" effect per turn.

3tpG6Dk.png

Pendulum Summoned monsters you control cannot be destroyed by Spell/Trap effects during the turn they are Summoned. If a "Blasterkrieg" card leaves the field; you can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Blasterkrieg Support Engineer" once per turn.

Meticulous in his designs and focused to a fault!

jOeAKYb.png

Pendulum Summoned monsters you control gain 500 DEF. Once per turn, while you have no cards in your other Pendulum Zone: You can place 1 "Blasterkrieg" Pendulum Monster from your Deck in your other Pendulum Zone, but destroy it at the end of the turn.

Never any ammo when you need it...

5P4yYAE.png

Pendulum Summoned monsters you control cannot be destroyed by monster effects during the turn they are Summoned. Once per turn: You can target 1 Pendulum Card you control in a Pendulum Zone; until the end of this turn, negate its effects but increase its Pendulum Scale by 3.

Now this won't hurt a bit...

dIsj7Xr.png

Pendulum Summoned monsters you control gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, while you have no cards in your other Pendulum Zone: You can target 1 "Blasterkrieg" Pendulum Monster in your GY or face-up Extra Deck: Place that target in your other Pendulum Zone.

The Captain said he needed smaller cannons so he could aim better. He opted for bigger explosions instead.

fI6CFtD.png

While you control 3 face-up "Blasterkrieg" cards in your Spell/Trap Zones, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only Special Summon 1 "Blasterkrieg Lieutenant" this way per turn. You can target 1 "Blasterkrieg" card in your Spell/Trap Zone; destroy that target, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Blasterkrieg Lieutenant" once per turn.

587Q5Q6.png

You can reveal 1 monster in your hand and target 1 other Pendulum Card in your Pendulum Zone: That target's Pendulum Scale becomes equal to 1 higher or 1 lower than the revealed monster's Level (your choice).

While this card is in the Extra Monster Zone, all monsters you control gain 800 ATK/DEF. While you control 2 Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones with the same original Type and Attribute, you can activate this card as a Continuous Spell in your middle Spell/Trap Zone. If this card is treated as a Continuous Spell by its own effect, you can use this card's Pendulum Effect.

kvOWGyv.png

You can target 1 other Pendulum Card in your Pendulum Zone (Quick Effect): Destroy it, and if you do, add 1 Pendulum Card from your face-up Extra Deck with a different name. You can only use this effect of "Blasterkrieg Black Ops" once per turn.

Once per turn, while this card is in your Extra Monster Zone (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; shuffle the first target into your Deck and destroy the second. While you control 2 Pendulum cards in your Pendulum Zones with the same original Type and Attribute, you can activate this card as a Continuous Spell in your middle Spell/Trap Zone. If this card is treated as a Continuous Spell by its own effect, you can use this card's Pendulum Effect.

J5BPyRB.png

Up to twice per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 other Pendulum Card you control; that target cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects until the end of the turn.

While this card is in your Extra Monster Zone, other monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect. While you control 2 Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones with the same original Type and Attribute, you can activate this card as a Continuous Spell in your middle Spell/Trap Zone. If this card is treated as a Continuous Spell by its own effect, you can use this card's Pendulum Effect.

xCc8uFS.png

While you control 3 face-up "Blasterkrieg" cards in your Spell/Trap Zones, you can Special Summon this card from your GY, but banish this card if it leaves the field. You can only Special Summon 1 "Blasterkrieg Fortress" this way per turn. Your opponent cannot target face-up "Blasterkrieg" Cards with card effects, except this one.

[spoiler=Spells and Traps]

NOz8Lva.png

Pendulum Summoned monsters you control gain 300 ATK/DEF. While you control 2 Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones: You can discard 1 card; place 1 Level 7 or higher "Blasterkrieg" Pendulum Monster from your Deck in your middle Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. You can use the Pendulum Effects of "Blasterkrieg" Pendulum Monsters treated as Continuous Spell Cards by this card's effect. You can only use this effect of "Blasterkrieg Headquarters" once per turn.

ylE6uFs.png

Activate 1 of the appropriate effects, depending on the cards you control.
● 2 Level 5 or lower "Blasterkrieg" Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones: Add 1 Level 7 or higher "Blasterkrieg" Pendulum Monster from your Deck to your hand.
● 1 "Blasterkrieg" Pendulum Card in your middle Spell/Trap Zone: Add 2 "Blasterkrieg" Normal Pendulum Monsters with different names from your face-up Extra Deck or GY to your hand.
You can only activate 1 "Blasterkrieg Morale" per turn.

qAS6O6c.png

While you control 2 "Blasterkrieg" Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones: Target 1 monster you control; This turn, monsters you control cannot attack, except the target monster, also it gains 2000 ATK/DEF until the end of the turn.

dihdtuO.png

Special Summon up to 2 Machine Normal Monsters from your hand or GY in face-up Defense Position. You can only activate 1 "Blasterkrieg Service Unit" per turn.

lcxxFE1.png

During the Main Phase, while you control 2 cards in your Pendulum Zones with the same original Type and Attribute: Conduct 1 Pendulum Summon in addition to your Pendulum Summon. You can only activate 1 "Blasterkrieg Reinforcement" per turn.

The idea really just began with the whole "Middle Pendulum Card" deal, being able to have that option of a third pendulum effect that affects overall how your field and strategy and work. It was honestly just going to be really small as a theme, but it expanded from there as the ideas developed, and at first it was just the 2 vanilla pendulums and Captain, then a couple support cards to tie together, then having more "Leader" Pendulums to have the middle zone restriction have more of an impact and reason to be there beyond just flavor. Overall I'm pleased with how this came together.

Bump with changes.

Added "Blasterkrieg Lieutenant"

Updated the card text of "Blasterkrieg Fortress".

I also could use confirmation on some PSCT things; such as the status of how Types/Attributes work while a Pendulum Monster is in a Pendulum Zone (I am aware they have no status on the field as they're treated as spells, but whether a card can still qualify their Types/Attributes for the sake of the middle-zone activation condition, and if not what a good alternative condition may be).

Yeah, the Pendulum flavour text issue is a pain. Anywho, let's see what we've got!

Supplier gets you searching and swarming, so that's that aspect of a deck slightly covered. Dunno if you meant to include "and only once that turn" with the restriction at the end, because as it stands, I can technically use its Tributing effect endlessly each turn (provided I get the monster back on the field). Support Engineer nets you a draw, but I don't see the advantage in protecting your monsters from battle the turn they are Summoned. It's not like the archetype has a ramming mechanic, and Reinforcement is a one-off bad card. Both of the Pendulum Battlements are meh, only slightly more useful late game. Cannon is the better of two, as ATK is better for BlitzBlasterkrieg, but stat boosts are so Season 1. Jumpstart's protection is still meh for a Normal, but at least the Scale modulation is more helpful at any point during the game.

Lieutenant grants some more draw power and gets out fast. Can't really see why, but hey, tribute/synchro fodder I guess. Captain properly introduces the middle Pendulum mechanic, and, along with ATK boosting while in play, and you get some Pendulum modulation. Would be semi-decent if the cards it fueled were competent, but unfortunately, the majority of them are rather weak, and while you have freedom to Pendulum Summon whatever you wish, you wouldn't be using these cards to do it. Black Ops is actually a good card on its own, granting removal and some bonus searching. As for the typing/attribute restriction, I would suggest "the same original monster type and Attribute", although that might even be a little too esoteric. I can sort of see now where you were going with the archetype, but the precursors to this card don't really convey a theme...or at least, a good one. Shame the only similar typing is with the meh ones. General is again, a little weak, but the EMZ effect is rather decent. Fortress is a great boss that fits the theme, so not much more to say there.

Headquarters lets you modulate Pend Scales, but you have too much already in the main effects. Perhaps you can add an extra effect to modify the original Type/Attribute of a monster in the Pendulum Zone, to enable the middle Pendulum Zone more easily. Morale could almost be good by providing a means to grab the Normal Monsters and make them playable, but it only relies on them for a simple search, and the second effect doesn't even add from the Deck. The archetype has alright late-game playability, but barely any means to get started, i.e. get cards in the Extra Deck, get the cards needed to Pendulum Summon, or even enable your zones for Pendulum Zones. At the very least, let the player activate 2 effects if they managed to get a third Pendulum Zone. Turbocharge is an alright card by itself, but as the rest of the archetype is bad...yeah. Barely even matters what Reinforcement did; a trap in an archetype that can barely keep up its own speed is practically useless.

Sorry for being so harsh, but the archetype is barely able to keep itself afloat, yet alone be strong enough for the original engine idea. It's a shame, as I'd never thought of the middle Pendulum Zone mechanic, and it's a very interesting idea. I hope my suggestions were helpful, and you'll be able to make these cards playable!

Sorry for being so harsh, but the archetype is barely able to keep itself afloat, yet alone be strong enough for the original engine idea. It's a shame, as I'd never thought of the middle Pendulum Zone mechanic, and it's a very interesting idea. I hope my suggestions were helpful, and you'll be able to make these cards playable!

I wouldn't call that harsh at all, and I thank you for the feedback!

For Supplier, I felt a full DRuler OPT wasn't necessary. It can't summon itself with its effect, and its search is already limited based on your Normal and Pendulum Summons, which while there are ways to extend that, it still means using other cards to work with it.

Engineer I didn't want its protection to become redundant with General or other cards, but I think I found a niche for it to fill that doesn't make other cards obsolete or become objectively better or worse. A simple change, but a change nonetheless.

I feel like you might have misinterpreted the Battlement effects. Flak's effect is meant to place a pendulum from your deck to your other zone, making it essentially a sort of a cross between Wisdom-Eye and Monkeyboard. I reviewed the Pendulum effects of the other monsters, and realized that none of them really offered anything in terms of plussing or searching that makes negating their P-Effects really more than an unnecessary nerf, so I removed that. Same goes for Cannon, which while it takes from a different place, doesn't have the temporary aspect of its effect. I updated the text on both to reflect this, I don't know why you'd think one-card scales are "incompetent", though. Also I don't know what you mean by +500 being bad; it's... pretty good on its own, and I have to control the stat boosts considering that cards like Captain let you have 2 of the same stat booster in place, making +500 into +1000. I really shouldn't go higher than that, especially with other cards (Captain in EMZ; Field Spell as well) that could make the stat boosts absolutely ludicrous with the proper set-up. It's fine as-is.

Jumpstart received no real changes. It's fine as-is.

Lieutenant's main role was me making one distinct realization: that there's no in-theme way of turning off the middle scale, and any other methods would require some significant minusing to make it work. This is kind of a big deal, because the middle scale effects are good for different plays and intentions, so I worked his effect in as a means of resetting whatever card is in the middle so that a different one can be played.

between Captain, Black Ops, and General there were no significant changes, just some text updates. I feel they're in good places in terms of usefulness, each bringing a different thing to the table in different ways.

Fortress is unchanged

I see what you're saying re: Headquarters, and upon review I agree that there was enough in the theme as far as scale modulation goes, so I did a rework on the effect, and not in the way of manipulating attributes/types. I'm still mulling over if I should include in that effect the ability to replace the middle scale to offer even more strategic play with Lieutenant; tell me what you think.

for Morale, I, of course, didn't include a from-deck on the second effect as it's a blatant +1. Plus, I don't know why you think they're bad on their own since both the Battlements are single-card scales and the other two are definitely nothing to sneeze at. I might add a 3rd effect if no other cards in the S/T Zone are controlled that simply adds 1 Blasterkrieg card in general, but we'll see. I cleaned up the text on this card too.

Reinforcement had some obsolete text from a different idea that I was working with. It should better reflect what it does now.

Turbocharge is unchanged.

I also added Service Unit to increase play in terms of Link Summoning or other strategies. The name of the game with this theme is meant to be flexibility, which is why they have a tuner and such, so I'm working off that to give them different options in how to work.

I feel like you might have misinterpreted the Battlement effects. Flak's effect is meant to place a pendulum from your deck to your other zone, making it essentially a sort of a cross between Wisdom-Eye and Monkeyboard. I reviewed the Pendulum effects of the other monsters, and realized that none of them really offered anything in terms of plussing or searching that makes negating their P-Effects really more than an unnecessary nerf, so I removed that. Same goes for Cannon, which while it takes from a different place, doesn't have the temporary aspect of its effect. I updated the text on both to reflect this, I don't know why you'd think one-card scales are "incompetent", though. Also I don't know what you mean by +500 being bad; it's... pretty good on its own, and I have to control the stat boosts considering that cards like Captain let you have 2 of the same stat booster in place, making +500 into +1000. I really shouldn't go higher than that, especially with other cards (Captain in EMZ; Field Spell as well) that could make the stat boosts absolutely ludicrous with the proper set-up. It's fine as-is.

I never said you should increase the amount of the boost; I just felt there were better blanket effects to do with these Normal Pendulums to help the archetype. The plussing is exactly what I was talking about.

Other than that, fair points.

Archived