Marvel YuGiOh Set - WIP

TheLion'sDen

Just a sidenote that I moved this to Experimental Cards since you are using Types that don't exist in the actual game. (You'll still get critique as normal in there, but it's there for stuff that isn't in the real game). Casual Cards still runs off existing concepts. 

Also, please post the effects for the Effect Monsters underneath, so easier for members to read them. (Though, a few of them are kind of unclear on what they do)

Okay, that's all good, what do you think of the cards themselves? 

Also, what do you mean by put the effects under the effects section, as I've already done that.

It just means "copy the effect text of your card" underneath, so in case members view this site on mobile device (which a lot of them do) and/or cannot read off the card, they can at least see what the card says. To be fair, the text on a few of them is relatively hard to see from a reasonable distance. 

====

From a modern standpoint, Captain America takes too much effort to bring out; you need to run 2 cards just to get him out. Attack negation is fine and all, but he becomes vulnerable. American Spirit requires too much effort to use with not enough payoff (in Yugioh terms, you need to actually group the Marvel heroes into an Archetype; outside of this game, we know who's a Marvel Hero, but the game does not. So...Marvel Hero - Captain America). I think you can afford to make the boost higher or just buff for every Marvel Hero you have out, including him. Might have to lower the boost slightly if you do.

Ironman doesn't have other suits right now, so...he's effectively a 23/21 vanilla monster. 

Giant Man is somewhat underwhelming, considering we do have Level 5 and 6 monsters that have much stronger ATK and/or DEF (and an effect to boot). I'd lower his Level to 5.

Falcon could do with a stat boost, since 15/12 is on the low end nowadays (and again, we have monsters with larger stats and effects).

Thor's ATK/DEF are fine, though given the gamestate nowadays, you do have to spend 2 Tributes for this, and being vulnerable to effect removal doesn't help. Also a note about him being DIVINE. It's usually advised that you avoid using it and/or Divine-Beast unless the card in question is actually based on a deity (yes, we know Thor is the Norse thunder god, so flavor-wise, you're fine). Considering he's a god, something more...appropriate for him would be good (effect immunity or something). Belt of Strength doesn't do much except power boost, and stuff like United We Stand offers a stronger boost and not limited to just Thor. 

Hulk is just simple power boosting, and yeah, on a timer to do stuff (if he wasn't already on one due to aforementioned effect removal). 

I need to mention that World Hulk shouldn't be an Xyz Monster (and better off as a Main Deck); actually, you can leave it as an Xyz, but then you'd have to give it an internal Xyz Summon clause that lets you Xyz Summon using standard Hulk as material. That being said, you would also have to give it specified Xyz Materials. Also make it Rank 8 because Hulk is Level 8 himself (or you can raise standard Hulk to 10). 

====

Or really, how do I put this?

When you make cards based on characters from another franchise, you need to adapt them to Yugioh mechanics; not what they do in their source franchise. For Captain America, Hulk, etc, you would need to send the equipped monster to the GY, then just have them revert to original form when time is up or leave the field. This also means using wording that exists in the real game, so I'd highly advise you look at the kind of wording actual cards use. 

I mentioned Archetypes earlier; this means a group of cards that share a common part of their names and that part is referenced in other card effects. For Captain America's Equip Card, you mentioned "Marvel Hero". In the game, you need to specify what a Marvel Hero is in the monster's name. So for Captain America, Hulk, Ironman, Falcon, Antman, you would need to call them [[ Marvel Hero - (x) ]], and then specify the "Marvel Hero" part in card text. This is how you would define them to be Marvel Hero monsters and meet the requirements for American Spirit. Right now, they don't count as Marvel Hero. It's a lot easier than specifically naming them individually in text. 

I'm not reviewing the Villains, but yeah, you need to work on wording and adapting the Marvel series to Yugioh mechanics.

Archived