[spoiler=Cards go here]

TRON Zoo Rabbit
Level 3 | LIGHT | Beast | Effect
1500/1400
You can only use the (1) effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo Token" (Beast/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500). If you use this effect, you cannot use monsters you control as material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon for the rest of this turn, except "TRON Zoo" monsters. (2) Once per turn: You can add 1 "TRON Zoo" card from your Deck or GY to your hand.

TRON Zoo Fox
Level 3 | LIGHT | Beast | Effect
1600/1200
You can only use the (1) effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo Token" (Beast/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500). If you use this effect, you cannot use monsters you control as material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon for the rest of this turn, except "TRON Zoo" monsters. (2) Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "TRON Zoo" card from your hand into the Deck; draw 2 cards.

TRON Zoo Cheetah
Level 4 | LIGHT | Beast | Effect
1700/1200
You can only use each effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) If you control another "TRON Zoo" monster, except "TRON Zoo Cheetah", you can Special Summon this card from your hand. (2) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo Token" (Beast/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500). If you use this effect, you cannot use monsters you control as material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon for the rest of this turn, except "TRON Zoo" monsters.

TRON Zoo Rhino
1800/1200
You can only use the (1) effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo Token" (Beast/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500). If you use this effect, you cannot use monsters you control as material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon for the rest of this turn, except "TRON Zoo" monsters. (2) Any battle damage that a "TRON Zoo" monster inflicts to your opponent is doubled.

TRON Zoo Wolf
1600/1600
You can only use the (1) effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo Token" (Beast/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500). If you use this effect, you cannot use monsters you control as material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon for the rest of this turn, except "TRON Zoo" monsters. (2) Once per turn: You can target 1 "TRON Zoo" monster you control; this turn, it can attack your opponent directly, but other monsters you control cannot attack.

TRON Zoo Deer
1400/2000
You can only use the (1) effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo Token" (Beast/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500). If you use this effect, you cannot use monsters you control as material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon for the rest of this turn, except "TRON Zoo" monsters. (2) Your opponent cannot target another LIGHT Beast monster you control for attacks.

TRON Zoo Sheep
Link 1 | LIGHT | Beast | Effect
ATK 1100
S
1 LIGHT Beast monster
You can only use the (1) effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) You can Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo" monster from your hand or GY to a zone this card points to. (2) When this card is used to Summon a "TRON Zoo" Link Monster except "TRON Zoo Sheep", monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK and DEF x that monster's Link Rating.

TRON Zoo Flash Rabbit
Link 2 | LIGHT | Beast | Link | Effect
ATK 2000
E / SW
2 LIGHT Beast monsters
(1) Once per turn: You can add 1 "TRON Zoo" card from your Deck or GY to your hand. (2) Once per turn, while this card points to a monster, you can activate "TRON Zoo" Spell/Trap Cards from your hand during your opponent's turn.

TRON Zoo Flash Fox
Link 2 | LIGHT | Beast | Link | Effect
ATK 2000
W / SE
2 LIGHT Beast monsters
(1) Once per turn: You can shuffle up to 2 "TRON Zoo" cards from your hand and/or GY into the Deck, then draw an equal number of cards. (2) If an opponent's effect is activated while this card points to a "TRON Zoo monster (Quick Effect): You can send this card you control to the GY; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated and not negated: You can Special Summon this card from your GY.

TRON Zoo Tiger
Link 3 | LIGHT | Beast | Link | Effect
ATK 2500

SW / S / SE
2+ "TRON Zoo" monsters
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can target a number of cards, up to the number of monsters used as Link Material for this card; destroy them. (2) Once per turn, if a monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 card on the field; banish it, face-up. (3) If this card leaves the field while its owner controls it: You can Special Summon up to 2 "TRON Zoo" monsters from your hand or GY.

TRON Zoo Utopia
FIeld Spell
(1) Monsters you control gain 200 ATK for each "TRON Zoo" monster on the field. (2) "TRON Zoo" monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by an opponent's effects.

TRON Zoo Particle Rush
Continuous Spell
You can only use each effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) You can draw cards equal to the number of "TRON Zoo" Link Monsters Special Summoned this turn. (2) If a "TRON Zoo" monster you control battles an opponent's monster: You can send this face-up card you control to the GY; that monster gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling until the end of the Damage Step.

TRON Zoo Proton Rush
Continuous Spell
You can only use each effect with this card's name once per turn. (1) Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo Token" (Beast/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500), also you cannot use monsters you control as material for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon for the rest of this turn, except "TRON Zoo" monsters. (2) (Quick Effect): You can send this card to the GY; Link Summon 1 "TRON Zoo" monster from your Extra Deck using "TRON Zoo" monsters you control and/or banishing "TRON Zoo" monsters from your GY.

TRON Zoo Speed Storm

Quick-Play Spell

(1) Destroy Spell/Trap Cards on the field, up to the number of "TRON Zoo" monsters you control with different names.

TRON Zoo Capture
Counter Trap
You can only activate 1 card with this card's name per turn. (1) When your opponent Summons a monster(s) while you control a "TRON Zoo" monster: Tribute 1 "TRON Zoo" monster or Token you control; negate that Summon, and if you do, banish that Summoned monster(s), face-up.

TRON Zoo Recovery

Normal Trap

(1) Activate 1 of these effects.

• Special Summon 1 "TRON Zoo" monster from your hand or GY.

• Target 2 of your banished "TRON Zoo" monsters; return them to the hand or GY.

====

[spoiler=You know what this is by now]

Disclaimer: I was designing this pre-EXFO. so this was not designed to take into consideration stuff like Skulldeat or any other problem cards that may have been released at the time of posting. (I will adjust stuff as necessary though)

This is technically my first shot at designing a Link archetype (I plan on trying something else later, because there's a limit to how long I can keep designing stuff for AGM), but yeah, some of my older design stuff was retained. Honestly speaking, I wanted to design a Link archetype with a good summoning speed (but I do have my concerns that I may have made them too fast, even with the hard OPT).

[Those of you who remember them, I technically "borrowed" some stuff from both my ZPD and Flyer archetypes in terms of monsters. The Spell/Traps and ED are all original.]

General idea is to amass field advantage, Link Summon and then just do what you need to with the support cards. Most, except Recovery and the Field are hard OPT because they can open up Link 3+ boards if left unchecked (and Gofu just got hit). I don't intend for the support cards to be as abusable as Gofu in terms of token spam, but need to be careful.

I have not actually tested this due to inability to do so (obvious notes on YGOPro just getting an update recently, and Duel Portal has issues on my desktop PC that I am using right now)

And yes, the Field Spell's name is an intentional Zootopia reference. (Didn't I already say that I borrowed some stuff from my old sets?)

EDIT LOG:

- Modified Flash Rabbit to remove Quick Effect and clean up wording.

- Added Tiger's Link Markers (how did I miss this?)

You guys know what to do at this point.

Reps/likes given to those of you who review properly.

(P.S. This was supposed to be the Ojamaparty discussion thread in TCG, but...I got ninja'd by a few seconds due to Firefox and computer slowboating on me, so...I had to revamp it.)

I remember almost nothing from Zootopia. Let's see how much this archetype will bring back!

Interesting restriction on Rabbit; I must say I like the restriction of materials better than the restriction on what you can do with them. Both it and Fox handle the consistency aspect of the archetype, and set up the token theme nicely. Cheetah provides some basic swarming with HOPT, and Rhino provides some interesting, if Konami-esque, increased battle damage. Perhaps a little less useful in principle, but it opens the door to actual OTKs, something this archetype may struggle with. Wolf again helps this aspect, but the direct attack aspect may be even less useful, as double damage in tandem with Rhino for only monster isn't that great. Would've liked to see some more support, but at least it still provides token swarm. Might make a nice one/two-of each. Deer, on the other hand, is a great simple locking card, especially with the archetype's low stats. Does combine well with Wolf for hitting and locking, but they two predators are still at odds with each other. Probably going to be running both anyway, because of your low monster line-up.

Sheep allows you to continue to spam even without your Links. I would say the HOPT is too much, but considering it can Summon any TRON Zoo from the GY, that's fine. I would also normally talk about potential splashing in Decks like Constellar, Bujin, Ojama and Fabled (LIGHT Beast), but as you have restricted Materials to TRON Zoo and this card's effects only apply to said archetype, any interaction is moot. I may not like it, but if it works, it works. Both Rabbit and Fox are really helpful cards, helping with the swarming again quite a bit, but dunno if Fox has any utility shuffling just 1 card in the Deck. Firstly, with the GY part, Rabbit can search from the GY and quite a few cards also deal with the GY, and secondly, you just wouldn't want to shuffle 1 card from your hand into your Deck. Tiger is missing its Link Pointers, and I really hope that it deals with E + W, as the archetype doesn't really have a method to link to itself at the moment, and I also was expecting the boss to be a Lion, based on the movie, but hey, the tiger was the MVP of the police. Also, I get the impression that this isn't quite based on Zootopia, just reworked from it. Anyway, said Tiger provides multiple means of destruction and floats. Quite a solid array of monsters to deal with, but I wish there was more speed, perhaps something to add to Fox?

Utopia provides beatdown tactics to tie in with Rhino, providing you with two alternate builds to play; focus on locking down your opponent and slowly dealing damage (focus on Wolf/destruction) or use the Field among the other cards to try and OTK (focus on Rhino/Utopia). In the former case, said field does provide protection, so it might still be run regardless, favoring the Rhino build. Poor Wolf. Particle Rush adds a little to the OTK side again with an ATK gain requiring a battle, so again, poor Wolf, but in regards to the swarming aspect, both Rush cards have you covered. Speed Storm has utility particularly if you go first, as it doesn't really help if your opponent left you to play with 4 sets, but hey, it shouldn't be too hard to get out two TRON monsters with the token effects. That might even be too easy...but I'll leave that for you to mull over. Dunno why Capture specifies "or token" as the only tokens in this archetype are TRON Zoo monsters. At least covers the Solemn Warning type of thing, but not being able to counter Fusions or similar cards along with actual cards/effect hurts it a bit, especially as you have to Tribute. 1/2-of, I think. Recovery is almost not good, but it can interact with Proton Rush with its second effect, and its first effect is decent enough, so probably still runnable.

Most of my comments were nitpicks, as, true to form, this was a good archetype. The only real problem I see is the token's restrictions on only Summoning with TRON Zoo material not having enough of said materials (only 6 monsters, some of which aren't as good as each other), forcing you to play the semi-bad ones, but if you rework Wolf, for example, it should be fine. Nice to see tokens becoming a proper part of a Link Deck. Personally wish it was a little more free for you to splash stuff in/out of, but again, as long as it's not broken, it should be fine.

I did kinda rip off Raiten's own restriction, but unlike MPB, these don't have much support members to play with. But then again, I cannot just copy/paste the effects from the ZPD set in here. (Suppose I can go rip off Flash Flyers because I did borrow from both of my previous sets, and they do have a few support effects.)

(Could do with adding a few more Main Deck though; just need to see which animals I have not yet used. Probably most of the bigger ones like lion, elephant, hippo, etc. (even though some of the support Spells already use their effects). Probably will do with some general monster protection or whatever else I need to fill holes in. Could give them an Armades effect somewhere that prevents opponent from chaining when a TRON Zoo monster battles, Main Deck SS enabler [but will just limit it to non-Link members, since Recovery does have its limits due to being a Trap; even if Flash Rabbit can chain it faster if it points to something] or something else. Also why those two have mirror markers; they can be live in either MMZ or EMZ to trigger. 

Fox's shuffle effect is intended to remove dead draws and hopefully draw better ones. (Though OG is much better than the Link form, even if that one can recycle stuff from the GY). IDK, I originally had it draw an additional card to be in line with that (or I can just paste OG Fox onto the Flash version, and let it shuffle from the GY).

====

Capture is supposed to be either a "TRON Zoo" monster (which the Tokens count as) or any generic Token you want; if for whatever reason, you see a need to play a Gofu engine or whatever to supplement their Link fodder without dealing with the restrictions. I mean, people apparently were using this engine to make Decode and stuff before Tewart hit Gofu to 1.

Wolf could probably lose the "other monster" thing, but that was a comment that someone made on Byakurou in the ZPD thread (because that one lets everything hit for half damage, and they have more swarm power than this).

====

Also need to remind myself "I am designing for Link format, and whatever I might've liked doing in ARC-V for design may not work out properly" (basically don't go design for massive ED plays, because of the new EMZ, and just trying not to abuse the new mechanic). Material restrictions are kind of a pain, though least you can summon anything you want, provided you only use archetypal members. (When we got Raiten leaked, I misread it as only summoning MPB Extra Deck, which would've sucked more.)

But yeah, likely will add more Main Deck; just a matter of figuring out "what did I not port over" and "what do they need to do". Maybe some more Link members, but might not need them. To be fair, Speed Storm and Recovery were recent additions because getting rid of backrow was of some concern and definitely field presence outside Sheep (because it's dead outside the EMZ).

Archived