Isohedron archetype

zepheris

A while ago, I was playing 2012 on my old system, using an Inca deck when I realized how fun it was to blow up my own monster when it was going to be banished or returned or something (Destruct potion). So, this new archetype is based on blowing itself up. Technically, it should be the 'Hedron' archetype, as only a few cards have Isohedron in their name, but I like Isohedron better as a topic name.

All of them light machine

Monsters:

Tetrahedron:

Lvl 4

Atk: 800

Def: 800

When this monster is normal summoned, add one hedron or hedral card from your deck to your hand, except tetrahedron. If this card is special summoned: You can fusion summon 1 fusion monster from your extra deck, using cards from your hand or field as fusion materials, including this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect) If a card would be destroyed by it's own effect while this card is in the graveyard, negate its destruction, along with the effects of all other cards in the chain, then special summon this card from the graveyard. If summoned this way, banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate this effect of tetrahedron once per turn.

This card is the deck's bread and butter. The only hedron summonable without tributing, it can search, protect, fuse, and blow itself up.

Pentahedron:

Lvl 5

Atk: 1250

Def: 1250

You can send, from your deck to the graveyard up to 3 hedron monsters whose total levels equal 10 or more, special summon this card from your hand. Only one hedron card can be summoned by its own effect from your hand per turn. If a card is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, return up to 3 cards from your graveyard to your deck. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect)

Hexahedron

Lvl 6

Atk: 1800

Def: 1800

You can send, from your deck to the graveyard up to 3 hedron monsters whose total levels equal 12 or more, special summon this card from your hand. Only one hedron card can be summoned by its own effect from your hand per turn. If a card is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, select 1 of your removed from play hedron monsters and return it to your graveyard. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect)

Heptahedron

Lvl 7

Atk 2450

Def 2450

You can send, from your deck to the graveyard up to 3 hedron monsters whose total levels equal 14 or more, special summon this card from your hand. Only one hedron card can be summoned by its own effect from your hand per turn. If a card is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, destroy one card your opponent controls. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect)

This deck's 3 cannon fodder. They all share similar effects and summoning conditions, and summon similar fusion monsters when paired with tetrahedron.

Icosahedron

lvl 2

Atk 0

Def 0

This card cannot be normal summoned. This card cannot be special summoned, except by its own effect. This card is counted as a level 20 if sent from the deck to the graveyard for the summon of a hedron monster. You can send, from your deck to the graveyard up to 3 hedron monsters whose total levels equal 40 or more, except isocahedron, special summon this card from your hand. Only one hedron card can be summoned by its own effect from your hand per turn. You can shuffle any number of hedron monsters from your hand or field to your deck whose total levels add up to 40 or more; special summon this card from your graveyard. If a card would be destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, negate the destruction, along with the effects of all other cards in the chain. You can only activate this effect once per turn. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from battles involving this card. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, special summon it during the next standby phase. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect)

I gave this card far too many effects... The first self summon effect, the one from your hand is there only for aesthetic purposes. It shows you that this archetype treats this card as a lvl 20, since icosahedrons have 20 sides. There are no cards in the game with the levels sufficient to summon this card from the hand. The other one, the one from the graveyard is difficult, and you have to pretty much give up your entire field for that, going minus 4 at the very least. On the other hand, this card is godlike on the field. It can negate one chain every turn, it has a yubel effect, and if it were to leave the field without being destroyed, you can destroy it by its own effect, and it just comes back the next turn, even if banished with macro cosmos or something.

Octahedron (Fusion) (I dropped attack of the fusions from lvl2/2 to lvl2/3 to keep their attack lower than 5000)

Lvl 8

Atk 2100

Def 2100

Tetrahedron+Tetrahedron

If a card is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, draw one card. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect) If a card you control is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is in the graveyard, return this card to the extra deck, and if you do, add one of your hedron or hedral card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. You cannot activate this effect if any other fusion monster was returned to the extra deck this turn.

Nonahedron (Fusion) (Couldn't find name, so I adapted from Nonagon)

Lvl 9

Atk 2700

Def 2700

Tetrahedron+Pentahedron

If a hedron monster is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, Gain life points equal to the level of the destroyed monster X 200. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect) If a card you control is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is in the graveyard, return this card to the extra deck, and if you do, add one of your hedron or hedral card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. You cannot activate this effect if any other fusion monster was returned to the extra deck this turn.

Decahedron (Fusion)

Lvl 10

Atk 3300

Def 5300

Tetrahedron+Hexahedron

If a hedron monster is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, deal damage to your opponent equal to the level of the destroyed monster X 200. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect) If a card you control is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is in the graveyard, return this card to the extra deck, and if you do, add one of your hedron or hedral card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. You cannot activate this effect if any other fusion monster was returned to the extra deck this turn.

I know the previous 2 effects are a bit underwhelming, but if the cards stay on the field long enough, the LP could be significant. A slow burn sounds fun. Nona's also intentionally weak, because tetra and penta combo so well together.

Undecahedron (Fusion)

Lvl 11

Atk 4000

Def 4000

Tetrahedron+Heptahedron

If a card is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, add 1 of your banished monsters to your hand. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect) If a card you control is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is in the graveyard, return this card to the extra deck, and if you do, add one of your hedron or hedral card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. You cannot activate this effect if any other fusion monster was returned to the extra deck this turn.

4 fusion monsters. I may have made this deck a bit unbalanced at this point, and I haven't even added the spells/traps yet. Tetrahedron would never stay at unlimited in the regular game. That makes it very difficult to summon the next monster.

Dodecahedron (Fusion)

Lvl 12

Atk 4800

Def 4800

Tetrahedron+Tetrahedron+Tetrahedron

If a hedron monster is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, place 2 polyhedral tokens on this card. You can remove any number of polyhedral counters on this card, special summon a hedron monster from the graveyard whose level is equal to the number of counters removed. You can only activate this effect once per turn. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove from play 1 hedron monster from your graveyard instead. This card gains Atk and Def equal to the number of polyhedral counters on the field X 100. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect) If a card you control is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is in the graveyard, return this card to the extra deck, and if you do, add one of your hedron or hedral card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. You cannot activate this effect if any other fusion monster was returned to the extra deck this turn.

Another final boss monster.

Spells:

Isohedral tornado

Continous

Shuffle one hedron card from your hand and all cards in your graveyard into your deck. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect.)

I buffed this card by making it continuous. It's not for reusability, but for the extra self-destruction effect.

Isohedral detonation (Continuous)

Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect) If a card is destroyed by its own effect while this card is in your graveyard, you can add this card to your hand. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

Isohedrons unite (Continuous)

When this card is activated, add one hedron card from your deck to your hand, except isohedrons unite. While this card is face up on your side of the field, all hedron monsters gain 800 atk and def. You can only activate one isohedrons unite per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect)

Isohedral palace (Field)

If a hedron monster is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, place Isohedral counters on this card equal to that monster's level. During the end phase, remove all Isohedral counters from this card, then summon a hedron monster from your deck or graveyard whose level is less than the total number of counters removed. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect)

Isohedral counters differ from polyhedral counters. Also, the destruction effect of this card activates most card's effects, except 9, 10, and 12, which specify monsters.

Trap cards:

Polyhedral potion (Continous)

Once per turn, if a hedron monster you control is destroyed by it's own effect while this card is on your side of the field, gain life points equal to the attack of the destroyed monster. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect)

I forgot the self destruction effect last time.

Dawn of the isohedral crusaders (Continuous)

When a hedron card is destroyed by an effect other than its own, you can activate this card. Destroy all hedron cards on the field (At least 1). If a hedron monster is destroyed by its own effect, during the end phase, special summon it. If a hedron continuous spell or trap card is destroyed by its own effect, during the end phase, add it to your hand. You can only activate each effect of this card once per turn. Monsters summoned by this effect cannot be destroyed, except by their own effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can destroy this card. (This is a quick effect)

Buffed this card. With the large cost, it's previous effect was a bit weak.

Buffed this card further. I watched a video of zoodiac otks. I did make the activation just a little bit harder.

No longer insanely broken. Still quite powerful, but not game breaking. None of the cards were all that strong, but their combos were terrifying, consistency amazing, and synergy through the roof. I'm still thinking of nerfing this a little bit. Tetra and unite, and maybe penta and octa should get hit by the banlist just a little bit, at least semi-limiting them.

a rather big set (for me, and only me lol) so... as per usual me,  gonna CC on separate parts. for now i focused on Tri- to Heptaherdron/dral cards (with Bi is excluded for obvious reason)

but first a general assessment. this archetype is a unique take on one of the most powerful-yet-standard strategy on Arc-V era being deliberate self-destroy for advantages. but you stepping this effect a bit further on the quirk for actually combo with destruction stopping effects. which surprisingly flavorful for this card theme by deconstruct and reconstruct better shapes as your monster getting bigger

Tetra: a searcher on Normal Summon is nice and being a basically Instant Fusion Summon on Specials is really good. i genuinely intrigue with the rest of its effect being a somewhat Chain Link-bait-negation effect-coupled with self summon which trigger the fusion summon effect on resolve which can be really strong (since its also can negate opponent cards on the same chain ) this card can be a high-quality meme in a good way

Penta: the summoning effects on this card and the rest is really good in the sense that its kinda "free" while at the same time having a double value of: dumping stuff that you can played later, and thinning your deck. as for its self-destruct effect, its obviously made to form a loop with Tetra. seems fair since it seems this deck is super-reliant on him anyway

Hexa: the self-destruct effect is a bit weak though being a pure recycle without plus since at worst its still recycle same or more amount then the ones you sent. off course  the play that we need to dump more to actually get a value on the thinning and deck re-compositing (via recycled) but without extra plus like a draw effect (like Pot/Jar Avarice) is not guarantee the multiple summons and dumping to achieve it.

Hepta: being a basically single-use Drident/Masterpeace can be annoying in the right timing. the strong stat helps to conserved that effect more. decent

Tri: seems counter productive given from what i get from this archetype that is one of the play is basically a rough version of Slyvan Deck-sculpting to generate a long-term continuous advantages. but on the other hand if you change it to affect both GY it can be OP so i have a suggestion that it will recycle in limited manner and with additional cost or quest on the effect you can do the GY disturption also on limited scale. kinda like this

Trihedral Tornado

Quick-Play Spell

Discard 1 "hedral" or "hedron" card, Shuffle 2 cards from your GY to your Deck. and if you do,  If the card you discarded to activate this card and the cards you shuffle by this effect all having a same name: Shuffle 2 cards from your opponent GY to his/her Deck.

Actually, the effects on the cards don't activate on their own destruction. You might have misinterpreted this, but all cards specifically mention that "a card is destroyed by its own effect while this card is " either on the field or in the graveyard. The destruction effects don't activate off their own destruction, but the destruction of other cards in the archetype, and other cards in general.

The reason I made trihedral torando is because the costs for penta, hexa, and hepta send cards as costs, and if I want to summon more monsters of the three, then I need more hedrons in my deck. If this deck had about 6 main deck monsters, then it would not be required, but because there's not many cards that actively use the graveyard, having penta, hexa, hepta in my grave just isn't worth it. If I repeatedly summon fusions, I can search hedrons into my hand fairly easily, but there wouldn't be enough cards in the deck to cover their summoning costs.  and as I mentioned, the other grave cleaning card, localised tornado, comes at too great a cost. (There are a few cards that access the grave like palace and the fusions, but those act on the deck as well. Overall, unlike most decks, this one likes monsters in the deck more than ones in the grave. Tetrahedron has a great effect in the graveyard, and dodecahedron likes grave monsters as well, but they're just better off in the deck. The fusions and isohedral detonations are better off in the grave as well, but they don't stay there for long anyway. This deck actually finds it very easy to put cards in the grave, but a bit more difficult to put them back, with hexa and tri being the only ones so far. It's a minus, but it's worth it in the long run.)

Hexa's destruction effect is there for a similar reason.

I do want more main deck monsters for this deck, preferably levels 1, 2, and 3 who gain effects off their own destruction, to act as cannon fodder for the rest off the deck to activate their effects.

Actually, the effects on the cards don't activate on their own destruction. You might have misinterpreted this, but all cards specifically mention that "a card is destroyed by its own effect while this card is " either on the field or in the graveyard. The destruction effects don't activate off their own destruction, but the destruction of other cards in the archetype, and other cards in general.

The reason I made trihedral torando is because the costs for penta, hexa, and hepta send cards as costs, and if I want to summon more monsters of the three, then I need more hedrons in my deck. If this deck had about 6 main deck monsters, then it would not be required, but because there's not many cards that actively use the graveyard, having penta, hexa, hepta in my grave just isn't worth it. If I repeatedly summon fusions, I can search hedrons into my hand fairly easily, but there wouldn't be enough cards in the deck to cover their summoning costs.  and as I mentioned, the other grave cleaning card, localised tornado, comes at too great a cost. (There are a few cards that access the grave like palace and the fusions, but those act on the deck as well. Overall, unlike most decks, this one likes monsters in the deck more than ones in the grave. Tetrahedron has a great effect in the graveyard, and dodecahedron likes grave monsters as well, but they're just better off in the deck. The fusions and isohedral detonations are better off in the grave as well, but they don't stay there for long anyway. This deck actually finds it very easy to put cards in the grave, but a bit more difficult to put them back, with hexa and tri being the only ones so far. It's a minus, but it's worth it in the long run.)

Hexa's destruction effect is there for a similar reason.

I do want more main deck monsters for this deck, preferably levels 1, 2, and 3 who gain effects off their own destruction, to act as cannon fodder for the rest off the deck to activate their effects.

ah i see so basically it the effects is react to other self-destruction. so basically unless the monster can also react from other source like hand or GY a substantial field presence is needed

now its bit clear to me on tornado and hexa purposes

that being said well its my fault to review cards bit by bit due for being busy (yes even if i appear online)

Major edits, I limited all destruction trigger effects from "once per turn" to You can only activate this effect once per turn. Thus, multiple copies of a card cannot activate their effects, and destroying and resummoning a card won't allow you to use its effect again either. The most significant was tetrahedron's grave effect, thus, you can't go into a free octa with just the cost of summoning a hedron anymore. Allowing the summon of only one hedron from your hand by it's own effect, and limiting to only one fusion search per turn, even if you use different fusions. This also means you can only summon one fusion per turn, unless you have some other way to ss tetra, such as call, limit reverse, palace or dodeca. This also makes it really tough to summon dodeca. Overall, it's a great nerf, although tornado and dawn were buffed, just a little bit.

The reason the deck needed to be nerfed was because of the following combo(s)

Summon tetra

Add unite

Activate unite, add penta

Send 2 tetras and one other, say hexa; summon penta

Destroy tetra, negate, bring back one of the other tetra; octa with tetra

Destroy octa, negate, bring back both tetras; octa with each other.

Destroy unite. Penta eff, send tetra to grave, 2 x octa eff, draw 2.

This is a one card combo, and ends with a double draw, so you lose nothing, gain field presence, an extra hand card, Get effect protection, as next turn, you could chain one of your monsters destruction to any effect your opp plays, bring back tetra to negate, and the combo can be even more terrifying with other hedrons(especially penta), isohedral palace, isohedral detonation, or isohedrons unite

Hell, you could continue the combo (It'd be pointless, but you could do it.)

destroy one octa

Destroy the penta, search unite off grave octa.

Search penta

Summon penta

Destroy unite, grave tetra

Destroy octa

Destroy unite, another unite off octa

Search hexa

Summon hexa

Destroy penta, sending 2 penta and one unite off hexa

summon both tetra, summon octa

Destroy octa

Destroy hexa, search unite

Search penta, dest unite, add tetra.

At this point, you have 6 or 7 more cards in the hand, continue as you wish.

Even if you don't get tetra, 

You could search him with unite

Or you could use another hedron to get a tetra to the hand.

Summon any penta, hexa, hepta, sending 2 tetra and one other. I'm going to show a combo with penta as he gets the longest one.

Summon octa with the two in grave.

Destroy octa. Send one tetra to grave

Destroy penta, search unite with octa.

Search tetra with unite

Normal tetra, search unite.

Search penta with unite

Summon penta.

Destroy unite, send one tetra to grave

Summon tetra, octa

Summon tetra, octa

Destroy other unite, draw 2.

And again, you have 6 or 7 more in hand.

The archetype was more broken than the dragon rulers were.

So, I fixed it. 

It's still plenty powerful, but not game breaking (I hope)

Update: Platonic solids.

There are plenty of criteria for a platonic solid, and it's quite difficult for a solid to be classified as such. They must be constructed of faces equal in size and shape, each face being identical to the others. Each face must have all sides and angles equal, like an equilateral triangle or square. Each vertex of the solid must be the intersection of the same amount of faces as every other vertex. These are the perfectionists of 3-d geometry. There are 5 such figures. Tetrahedron(4 sides), Cube (Which is a hexahedron, 6 sides), Octahedron(8 sides), dodecahedron(12 sides), and Isocahedron(20 sided figure).

Thus, I decided to make these 5 cards the most important ones for the deck.

Tetrahedron is by far the most important card in the deck.

Pentahedron was the best main deck card after tetra, so I swapped its effect with hexahedron.

Octahedron is the easiest fusion summon

Dodecahedron is the strongest fusion summon

Isocahedron is a new card, incredibly hard to summon, but amazing on the field.

I also removed isohedron and byhedral pact. This deck is not a counter based deck. Changed trihedral tornado to isohedral tornado.

Icosa: yes this guys does too much for the archetype barring Fusion Summon: substitute the levels for summoning, being offensive wall that you can just cheaply rammed to lower your kill ceiling, mass recycle via GY summon making your Tornado useless

Octa: so generically speaking all Fusion has 2 effects that respond to destruction, 1 being unique effect that triggered by destruction of other cards while on field and cookie cutter search effect while in GY that can only applied by 1 Fusion per turn. The search effect is fine. Its unique Draw effect being gimmicky with all the requirement and restriction but otherwise acceptable.

Nona: probably one of the weaker monster considering its unique effect (which technically the easiest to outsmart) is dont see much relevance in the game. Well you already said this above but i dont think you just keeping it as it is either. The combo you mention didnt justify the making of this. LP differences only matter in decks like Aroma.

Deca: well obviously better than Nona for actually pushing the game. I start to concern with the fact its a easy 3300 body for just a easy to gather mat (unlike Icosahedron which despite its overly-to much work leg for the deck its actually a Nomi)

Undeca: 4000/4000 for easy 2 mat is scary. Luckily its effect only useful for retriving Tetra and nothing else.

Dodeca: stat gain effect is redundant. Well you did said that you gonna eliminate counter strategy from the deck. The only effect that matters is the destruction immunity against opponent card effect but its also meh on its own right since unless its a mass destruction i rather self destruct to trigger all other members effects than banishing usable mat to build board advantage.

Detonation: well alternative to triggers effects without losing monsters. A consistent one if you pull it out. Well doesnt do much more than that

Unite: add cards, stat boost, and help to trigger effects. Stat gain is too huge but otherwise pretty solid

Palace: so basically its elaborate effect that actually said " if x destroyed summon other copy of x" well its also allow to summon different monster with higher level. But given the slow pace of the cards this is unlikely happen since your opponent just pop the card

Potion: a rather situational effect outside to aid Solemns

Dawn: way better than Palace in every way. Recover anything you want while espcially fortify the monster. 1st effect seems useless since either you just trigger other self destruct effects so it immediately be recovered by the rest of effect before this "punish" effect take place

Thank you for your review. Reason for nona, deca, and undeca is just because I couldn't think of other unique effects. I do want to keep deca as is, but nona and undeca might change in the future. I'm actually a bit afraid of detonation being used for other things, spell counter loops, especially, but it's a hard once per turn, so it shouldn't happen. Detonation was meant to be used to activate effects without losing field advantage, and it works well at that. I wouldn't say tornado's useless, because icosa doesn't use graveyard cards, just hand and field ones. It reduces it's usefulness, but it's still a required card. Penta becomes useless though. I have to change penta's effect, especially since pentas can't be cut from the deck because of the lack of cards this deck has. Unite is a great card, probably the best one after tetra. As for palace and dawn, and the deck in general, it's a great deck during your opponent's turn. All effects that could be activated during your turn can be done during your opponents. While palace is slow, it builds up advantage slowly, getting you replacements for the cards you blow up during your turn for use during your opponent's and vice versa. If you've noticed, a lot of the cards revolve around reusing cards, recovering them and building advantage over time, without needing much help from your hand. This deck has no cards you need to normal summon except tetra, and you'll be putting him into the grave as a cost first chance you get anyway. It has a fair amount of draw and search power, and, fundamentally, you could run this alongside a different archetype that can support the hedrons, like machinas or geargias. Even pendulum decks, with their self destruction, like igknights. Just think of how fun a igknight hedron deck would be, with the hedrons getting plusses off the igknight's pendulum zone destruction.

All said and done, I'll be making minor edits, adding a few more cards, and making supportive archetypes similar to the isochorons. I'm thinking of isohedral crusaders, the same kind as dawn. Perhaps they could be a pendulum based link deck (That doesn't seem to exist in yugioh yet...) and add speed to the hedrons.

Archived