Holojector Archetype (18/18)

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Archetype: Holojector©

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Title Wordplay: Portmanteau of Hologram + Projector

Theme + Motif: The archetype is based on aspects  of holograms and virtual reality. Additionally the archetype uses Tokens known as "Projection Tokens" that their Link monsters "project" their ATK values into.

Attribute/Typing: LIGHT / Machine + Cyberse

Objective: Using exclusive Tokens known as Projection Tokens to ladder into powerful "Holojector" Link monsters who give the "Projection Tokens" their either half or all their original ATK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters (8)]

Holojector Emission Disc
LIGHT
✪ (Level 1)
[Machine/Effect]
ATK/ 600 DEF/ 300

If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Projection Token" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (This Token can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster).

Holojector Beam Pointer
LIGHT
✪ (Level 1)
[Machine/Effect]
ATK/ 100 DEF/ 1700

During either player's turn: You can target 1 Link Monster on the field; Special Summon this card to a Main Monster Zone on your side of the field that the monster could point to, and if you do, the monster now points to this card. Link monsters that point to this card cannot be used as Link Materials for a Link Summon.

Holojector Decoy Prodder
LIGHT
✪✪ (Level 2)
[Machine/Effect]
ATK/0 DEF/2000

If a Token or "Holojector" monster is targeted for an attack: You can reveal this card in your hand; Special Summon 1 "Projection Token" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0)(This Token can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster), and if you do, change the attack target to the Summoned Token and proceed to damage calculation. You can only activate this effect of "Holojector Decoy Prodder" once per turn.

Holojector 3-D Rone
LIGHT
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
[Machine/Effect]
ATK/ 1300 DEF/ 0

Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Holojector" monster from your Deck, except "Holojector 3-D Rone".

Holojector Laser Coordinator
LIGHT
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
[Machine/Effect]
ATK/1000 DEF/ 600

If you control a LIGHT monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your GY and target 1 Link Monster you control; change any number of Link Arrows on the target to point elsewhere. You can only use this effect of "Holojector Laser Coordinator" once per turn.

Holojector Ray Dancer
LIGHT
✪✪✪✪ (Level 4)
[Machine/Effect]
ATK/ 1700 DEF/ 700

Once per turn: You can Normal Summon 1 "Holojector" monster from your hand as an additional Normal Summon. You can Tribute a number of Tokens on the field; draw cards equal to the Tokens your Tributed, then place an equal number from your hand to the bottom of the Deck in any order. You can only use this effect of "Holojector Ray Dancer" once per turn.

Holojector Plasma Render
LIGHT
✪✪✪✪ (Level 4)
[Machine/Effect]
ATK/1800 DEF/ 1100

If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 "Projection Token" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (This Token can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster). When a "Holojector" monster you control inflicts battle damage: All "Projection Tokens" you control gain ATK equal to the damage inflicted.

Holojector Eyeborg
LIGHT
✪✪✪✪✪ (Level 5)
[Machine/Effect]
ATK/2400 DEF/100

If you control a Token, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If a Token(s) and/or "Holojector" monster(s) would be destroyed by battle or by card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

[spoiler=Spells (2)]

Holojection Advance Simulation
[Field Spell]

Once per turn, while you control a "Holojector" monster: You can Special Summon 1 "Projection Token" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (This Token can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster). While you control a "Projection Token", "Holojector" monsters you control cannot be targeted by battle or by your opponent's card effect.

Holojection Telexistence
[Normal Spell]

Target 1 "Holojector" monster in your GY; Special Summon it and 1 "Projection Token" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (This Token can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster). You can only activate 1 "Holojector Telexistence" once per turn.

[spoiler=Traps (3)]

Holojection VR Glasses
[Normal Trap]

Equip this card to a face-up monster your opponent controls. All "Projection Tokens" you control gain ATK equal the the original ATK of the equipped monster. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle by "Projection Tokens". You can banish this card from your GY: Add 1 "Holojector" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Holojection Soul Refraction
[Normal Trap]

Target 1 "Holojector" monster you control; Special Summon 2 "Projection Tokens" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (These Tokens can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster), then the Summoned Tokens gain ATK equal to half the original ATK of the target.

Holojection Mirage Barrage
[Normal Trap]

For the rest of this turn, each time a Token(s) is removed from your side of the field, destroy 1 card your opponent controls. You can only activate 1 "Holojection Mirage Barrage" per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters (5)]

Holojector Projectorb
LIGHT
[Cyberse/Link/Effect]
Link Rating:1
Link Arrows: S
ATK: 1000

1 Token

"Projection Tokens" this card points to gain ATK equal to this card's original ATK. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can change 1 Link Arrow on this card to point elsewhere. Once per turn, except the turn this card was sent or returned to the GY, if a Token(s) is Summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your GY, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only Special Summon 1 "Holojector Projectorb" from your Extra Deck per turn.

Holojector Artificial Apparition
LIGHT
[Cyberse/Link/Effect]
Link Rating: 2
Link Arrows: W, E
ATK: 1600
2 LIGHT monsters, except Tokens other than "Projection Tokens"

"Projection Tokens" this card points to gain ATK equal to half this card's original ATK. Once, during your either player's turn, you can banish this card until the next Standby Phase; Special Summon 1 "Projection Token" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (This Token can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster).

Holojector Oculus Homunculus
LIGHT
[Cyberse/Link/Effect]
Link Rating: 3
Link Arrows: W, E, S
ATK: 2400

2+ LIGHT monsters, except Tokens other than "Projection Tokens"

"Projection Tokens" this card points to gain ATK equal to half this card's original ATK. Once, during your opponent's turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Projection Token" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (This Token can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster). Once per turn, if a Token(s) this card points to is removed from the field: You can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Holojector Spectral Spawner
LIGHT
[Cyberse/Link/Effect]
Link Rating: 4
Link Arrows:SW, W, E, N
ATK: 2600

2+ "Holojector" monsters

"Projection Tokens" this card points to gain ATK equal to half this card's original ATK. If this card is Link Summoned: Special Summon a number of "Projection Tokens" (Cyberse-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (These Tokens can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Hololjector" monster) equal to the number of monsters used for the Link Summon of this card.

Holojector Virtual Visionary
LIGHT
[Cyberse/Link/Effect]
Link Rating: 5
Link Arrows: SW, SE, W, E, S
ATK: 3000

2+ "Holojector" Link monsters

"Projection Tokens" this card points to gain ATK equal to half this card's original ATK. While you control a "Projection Token" this card points to, this card cannot be destroyed by card effect. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Projection Token" (Cyberse/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/ DEF 0) (This Token can only be used as a Link Material for the Link Summon of a "Holojector" monster). Once, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 Token you control; negate the effects of 1 face-up card your opponent controls until the end of this turn.

[spoiler=Edit + Update Log]

11/11/2017

• Made 3 of original Link monsters (Artificial Apparition, Oculus Homunculus, and Virtual Visionary) only give half their ATK  to "Projection Tokens" they point to.
  • Made Decoy Prodder a hard once per turn.
  • Made 3-D Rone a soft once per turn.
  • Added "Holojector Projectorb" in Extra Deck Monsters
  • Made Emission Disk ATK 600 instead of 100 because "Machine Duplication" exist.

11/13/2017

• Added "Holojector Eyeborg" in Main Deck Monsters, and "Holojector Spectral Spawner" in Extra Deck Monsters.
  • Made "Holojector Laser Coordinator" 's banish effect reorient Link Markers of a targeted Link monster instead of summoning a Token.

11/16/2017

• Added "Holojector Beam Pointer" and "Holojector Ray Dancer" in Main Deck Monsters, and added "Holojection Mirage Barrage" in Traps.
  • Made "Holojector Decoy Prodder" also trigger if a Token is targeted for an attack.

11/23/2017

• Changed "Holojector Artificial Apparations" effect from giving Tokens a once per turn destruction immunity to banishing itself until the next Standby Phase to get out a Token and changed one of its Link Arrows from pointing South to pointing East.
  • Reduced the ATK Value of all "Holojector" Link monsters, except "Holojector Projector" and "Holojector Virtual Visionary".
  • Made a few "Holojector" Link monsters Link requirements to not be able to use Tokens other than "Projection Tokens" to prevent "Photon Sanctuary" from being able to splash them into other LIGHT Archetypes.
  • Fixed "Holojector Spectral Spawner" to only distribute half its ATK power to "Projection Tokens it points to as opposed to full.

***Because of how time-consuming it is to critique archetypes, I respect reviewers and won't waste your time and effort, 3+ reps are rewarded per good review/ output. ***

I just want to start by saying that I love the archetype theme! I'm an advocate of Machine monsters or cybernetic themes in general, and though I haven't touched any of the new Cyberse monsters, I could definitely see myself trying to build something out of them and this archetype if it existed in the TCG. With that said, let's get crackin'!

Holojector Emission Disc - Decent card, serves it's purpose as the archetype's basic token-generating minion with a low enough ATK/DEF to justify the generation proccing on any summon without any need for a OPT clause.

Holojector Decoy Prodder - Good concept, except it needs either a HOPT or the token summoned only in Attack Position (suggesting the former) otherwise with it's current phrasing this card can be repeatedly used to stop any and every attack with no drawback. Also the "until the end of the turn" portion of the effect seems unnecessary, should immediately trigger on attack and I don't see a reason for it to be any other way.

Holojector 3-D Rone - Good because it can fetch Emission Disc; however, even though it's targets aren't that scary, any type of Summoner Monk-esque effect needs OPT at the least imo (unless your targets are Mystical Shine Balls), otherwise it's fine.

Holojector Laser Coordinator - No complaints here, no field presence so it's clearly fodder for summoning other monsters; it's GY effect let's you banish it to generate another token, which benefits the purpose of the archetype.

Holojector Plasma Render - After reading the cards up to this point, it crossed my mind that the main deck was lacking some serious power, so it's a relief to at least see a 1800 atk monster in the mix. First effect is fine, and that second effect... on the fence about it. Something makes me feel like it should be a "until the end of the turn", "target 1 Projection Token", or "when a Holojector destroys a monster by battle" type deal, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt since, like I mentioned earlier, the main deck is lacking power, and with all these tokens getting generated you'd certainly want them to be getting some type of buff.

Holojection Advance Simulation - This card triggers me, because it reminded me of Jam-Breeding Machine, a card that I personally feel is way underwhelming and is due for an errata. Anywho, I like this card, it's a reliable source of token generation (per a reasonably easy condition), and it's second effect is protection that the main deck sorely needed. No doubt this card would be maxed in Holojector decks and probably would need Terraformings as well.

Holojection Telexistence - Not surprised you made this, archetype definitely needed more consistent Holojector-grabbing cards, especially since they have not much survivability outside the field spell... oh yeah, it summons a token too, very nice. Definitely needed that OPT, kinda just the unspoken law for cards like these.

Holojector VR Glasses - First thing first, love the idea of the card idea as a concept, I think it's hilarious forcing your opponent's monster to smack themselves because of virtual projections. However, I pity the opponent who can't swap their monsters out of Attack Position (i.e. Link Monsters). This card combined with enough projections and Plasma Render, and your opponent is stuck with a single monster getting smacked by projections each turn. I will note that there are ways to get around this (Trap removal, removing Render before the projections are super-op, nuking your field, tributing the equipped monster), however, the problem for a pretty unfair situation still remains... maybe remove the indestructibility or making changes to Render as stated before?

Holojector Soul Retraction - I don't really see any issue with this card since it's just generating projection tokens, which are limited to Holojector Link Monsters so it works out. The ATK buff is fine as your main deck Holojectors are pretty weak, especially with it being it being half ATK.

Holojector Artificial Apparition - I have concerns for the ATK buffs the boss monsters give. I know the point is to have a slew of powerful tokens but I feel like the bosses are starting to tip the balance into overpowered. Could I suggest making the ATK buffs equal to half ATK as Soul Refraction does, or lowering the overall ATK of the bosses? Also, for the second effect, is that meant to be a OPT or once while Artificial Apparition is one the field? If the latter, then the remaining effects seem fine to me, otherwise that's just another issue that needs to be addressed with the bosses.

Holojector Oculus Homunculus - Same argument as Artificial Apparition. Even if it's higher Link Rating, it's justified with the third effect, so just the ATK buff (and OPT token summoning, if that's what it is) needs to be toned down.

Holojector Virtual Visionary - ATK buff concern is the same. Although the following effects individually are fine, I feel like this card is doing way too much, even for a Link Rating 5. Even Skulldeat requires more materials to gain all it's effects, and it's one of the best Link Monsters in the game so far. I'd suggest (in conjunction with nerfing the ATK buff stuff) increasing its required Link Materials (4 at least) OR making the token summoning a one-time deal, that way this card isn't making your projections stupid powerful, protecting itself, generating tokens, AND negating effects every turn.

I hope that I wasn't too hard judging these, and if you feel my reasonings were flawed, then forgive me for I'll admit that I am a bit rusty; however, I do feel that I've provided some legitimate concerns, and hopefully they'll enlighten some ways to make this more balanced in your eyes as well.

Guest BGMCANN0N

I just want to start by saying that I love the archetype theme! I'm an advocate of Machine monsters or cybernetic themes in general, and though I haven't touched any of the new Cyberse monsters, I could definitely see myself trying to build something out of them and this archetype if it existed in the TCG. With that said, let's get crackin'!

Holojector Emission Disc - Decent card, serves it's purpose as the archetype's basic token-generating minion with a low enough ATK/DEF to justify the generation proccing on any summon without any need for a OPT clause.

Holojector Decoy Prodder - Good concept, except it needs either a HOPT or the token summoned only in Attack Position (suggesting the former) otherwise with it's current phrasing this card can be repeatedly used to stop any and every attack with no drawback. Also the "until the end of the turn" portion of the effect seems unnecessary, should immediately trigger on attack and I don't see a reason for it to be any other way.

Holojector 3-D Rone - Good because it can fetch Emission Disc; however, even though it's targets aren't that scary, any type of Summoner Monk-esque effect needs OPT at the least imo (unless your targets are Mystical Shine Balls), otherwise it's fine.

Holojector Laser Coordinator - No complaints here, no field presence so it's clearly fodder for summoning other monsters; it's GY effect let's you banish it to generate another token, which benefits the purpose of the archetype.

Holojector Plasma Render - After reading the cards up to this point, it crossed my mind that the main deck was lacking some serious power, so it's a relief to at least see a 1800 atk monster in the mix. First effect is fine, and that second effect... on the fence about it. Something makes me feel like it should be a "until the end of the turn", "target 1 Projection Token", or "when a Holojector destroys a monster by battle" type deal, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt since, like I mentioned earlier, the main deck is lacking power, and with all these tokens getting generated you'd certainly want them to be getting some type of buff.

Holojection Advance Simulation - This card triggers me, because it reminded me of Jam-Breeding Machine, a card that I personally feel is way underwhelming and is due for an errata. Anywho, I like this card, it's a reliable source of token generation (per a reasonably easy condition), and it's second effect is protection that the main deck sorely needed. No doubt this card would be maxed in Holojector decks and probably would need Terraformings as well.

Holojection Telexistence - Not surprised you made this, archetype definitely needed more consistent Holojector-grabbing cards, especially since they have not much survivability outside the field spell... oh yeah, it summons a token too, very nice. Definitely needed that OPT, kinda just the unspoken law for cards like these.

Holojector VR Glasses - First thing first, love the idea of the card idea as a concept, I think it's hilarious forcing your opponent's monster to smack themselves because of virtual projections. However, I pity the opponent who can't swap their monsters out of Attack Position (i.e. Link Monsters). This card combined with enough projections and Plasma Render, and your opponent is stuck with a single monster getting smacked by projections each turn. I will note that there are ways to get around this (Trap removal, removing Render before the projections are super-op, nuking your field, tributing the equipped monster), however, the problem for a pretty unfair situation still remains... maybe remove the indestructibility or making changes to Render as stated before?

Holojector Soul Retraction - I don't really see any issue with this card since it's just generating projection tokens, which are limited to Holojector Link Monsters so it works out. The ATK buff is fine as your main deck Holojectors are pretty weak, especially with it being it being half ATK.

Holojector Artificial Apparition - I have concerns for the ATK buffs the boss monsters give. I know the point is to have a slew of powerful tokens but I feel like the bosses are starting to tip the balance into overpowered. Could I suggest making the ATK buffs equal to half ATK as Soul Refraction does, or lowering the overall ATK of the bosses? Also, for the second effect, is that meant to be a OPT or once while Artificial Apparition is one the field? If the latter, then the remaining effects seem fine to me, otherwise that's just another issue that needs to be addressed with the bosses.

Holojector Oculus Homunculus - Same argument as Artificial Apparition. Even if it's higher Link Rating, it's justified with the third effect, so just the ATK buff (and OPT token summoning, if that's what it is) needs to be toned down.

Holojector Virtual Visionary - ATK buff concern is the same. Although the following effects individually are fine, I feel like this card is doing way too much, even for a Link Rating 5. Even Skulldeat requires more materials to gain all it's effects, and it's one of the best Link Monsters in the game so far. I'd suggest (in conjunction with nerfing the ATK buff stuff) increasing its required Link Materials (4 at least) OR making the token summoning a one-time deal, that way this card isn't making your projections stupid powerful, protecting itself, generating tokens, AND negating effects every turn.

I hope that I wasn't too hard judging these, and if you feel my reasonings were flawed, then forgive me for I'll admit that I am a bit rusty; however, I do feel that I've provided some legitimate concerns, and hopefully they'll enlighten some ways to make this more balanced in your eyes as well.

Actually, I think you are pretty fair in judgement, as I don't see anything harsh about addressing concerns. Many things here are helpful for different perspective on the magnitude of each cards, and some things I needed because I forgot to add a OPT somewhere out of the excitement of posting this. Sincerely, thank you very much! I will edit some of those outstanding concerns as I see fit, and bump the post later when I make the edits... Because the output is more than helpful. Enjoy more than reps I promised!

Guest BGMCANN0N

Bump. Final additions added to the archetype (unless I change my mind of course. Details in "Edit + Update Log" in original post. Pending on making individual art for each card.

Holojector Emission Disc

My thoughts on this card are quite simple, really. It's a starting point for the archetype, strong on summon effect, and summons a token to go into Link plays with. Also a Machine Duplication target that summons 2 more tokens (for a total of 6 monsters) All of these can be searched with Cyber Repair Plant if you have a cyber dragon in GY, might be interesting to splash in a little Cyber Dragon stuff ^^

Holojector Beam Pointer
Don't really understand what this card does, so I can't really review it.
Holojector Decoy Prodder
Good protection for your monsters in the form of a handtrap, balanced card.

Holojector 3-D Rone
At the cost of discarding 1 card, you can bring out a Emission Disc to get 3 materials on the field using 2 cards. Good and crucial card in the deck.

Holojector Laser Coordinator
Very original effect on this card, can maximise the advantage from a single Link monster in the Extra Monster Zone, can make it easier to get Mutual Link Lock.

Doesn't get you places in terms of materials though, it's more of a utility card that is sort of situational.

Holojector Ray Dancer
This card is a crazy good combo enabler: allows for additional tokens off Disc,  3-D Rone into more Discs, etc. Only flaw with this card is that it allows for you to Normal Summon another copy of itself, which allows for basically another free material, or something to swing with. The card should say 'You can only control 1 'Holojector Ray Dancer'" to prevent this.

Holojector Plasma Render
Token OTK enabler. Combo this off with Ray Dancer->Rone->Disc->Token->Eyeborg->Oculus(using 2 Ray and rone) then use Machine dupe on disc.

(There is probably better combos, I thought of this one off the top of my head :P) In any case, adds to the theme, strong normal summon, strong summon off Rone and Ray Dancer, all around good card.

Holojector Eyeborg
This card is just screaming "CYBER DRAGON HOLOJECTORS!!!" Free special summon when you have a token (which is like whenever), good ask that you can swing with, and at worst, use it for material and use for protection.

Holojection Advance Simulation

[Field Spell]
It's searchable by Set rotation and Terraforming, summons a token that can extend your plays, and gives protection to your link monsters (and the other main deck monsters) while a token is on the field. It's okay, but I feel like the token summoning effect should be also able to activate while you don't control any holojectors. It is definitely a must for holojector though, and it does its job as a field spell.

Holojection Telexistence
[Normal Spell]

I find this card a little too good. Bring back Oculus and summon token, use field spell get another token, summon the link 5, pop a card, ad all that is out of just having the link 3 in your grave, field spell, and this. Maybe make it so you can't bring back Holojecor Link monsters? It would be great to bring back ray dancer to start up combos, but starting in the middle seems a little too good.

Holojection VR Glasses

[Normal Trap]
This card is too slow. First effect is a little pointless, as you want to be direct attacking with the tokens, and they will lose the boost when the opponent's monster is removed. Second effect is a nice search effect, but it is a little too slow to use efficiently.

Holojection Soul Refraction
[Normal Trap]

Okay, so even though this is a trap not a spell, it still is pretty good as you can activate this before your opponent destroys one of your holojector link monsters, to bring up a wall and get some decent stats. It can also be used offensively, but is a bit slow for that purpose. However, it does enable some OTK's with Plasma and a Link monster, so that is a thing. It also summons two materials, so it can be used with the holojector on the field at the time to make oculus.

Holojection Mirage Barrage
[Normal Trap]

Punishes your opponent for attacking your tokens, acts as a deterrent to keep tokens on the field. Major flaw of this card is that it doesn't have much of an effect when you only control 1 or 2 tokens. It can shut down your opponent's Battle Phase though, and can be used offensively when you use your tokens for Link Summons. This card would be a whole lot better if it was a continuous trap or quick-play spell, as it can't really make up its mind between offensive and defensive play.

Holojector Projectorb

First effect really isn't very useful as it only has one link marker, increasing one token's ATK by 1000 isn't really helping. The rest of the effects on this card are too slow, however the effect that changes it's own link markers is a interesting concept. Personally, I wouldn't summon this a great deal.

Holojector Artificial Apparition

This card is good with Laser Coordinator, token spawning effect is relevant, protects your tokens, all round a good card, but not the best.

My favourite link monster of the archetype. Again, good with Laser Coordinator, can 'replace' itself with a token on opponent's turn, Third effect can effectively clear opponent's board. However, with Oculus, I feel the ATK buff/Link Markers/Material Ratio is a bit off, 2500 seems a little too much ATK for this card. Either change this card's ATK to 2200, or make the ATK boost a fixed 1000.

This plus Laser Coordinator = Insta win. With the swarm effect this card has, it's ATK should be much lower, especially the fact that this card gives the full 2800 ATK to the tokens. Maybe 2000 ATK for monster and boost?

Holojector Virtual Visionary
It's a good boss monster, with negates and protection, but it's straying off the focus of this archetypes focus, that being OTK using Tokens. It's good, but doesn't fit in the deck. (sort of like Cyber Dragon Infinity). I would stick to summoning Spectral Spawner for the OTK as a player, and really, this card's effect should be more focused on swarm, not control.

This was one of my first reviews, so it may not be very accurate, but hey, I did my best, and I hope you gain something off of this review. Thanks for making this unique archetype, it was a pleasure to review. Keep creating ^^

ps. still want those holojector cyber dragons ;)

*Just noticed that disc has ATK of 600. looks like machine dupe combo doesn't work :(

Guest BGMCANN0N

Holojector Emission Disc

My thoughts on this card are quite simple, really. It's a starting point for the archetype, strong on summon effect, and summons a token to go into Link plays with. Also a *Machine Duplication target that summons 2 more tokens (for a total of 6 monsters) All of these can be searched with Cyber Repair Plant if you have a cyber dragon in GY, might be interesting to splash in a little Cyber Dragon stuff ^^

Holojector Beam Pointer

**Don't really understand what this card does, so I can't really review it.

Holojector Ray Dancer

This card is a crazy good combo enabler: allows for additional tokens off Disc,  3-D Rone into more Discs, etc. Only flaw with this card is that it allows for you to Normal Summon another copy of itself, which allows for basically another free material, or something to swing with. ***The card should say 'You can only control 1 'Holojector Ray Dancer'" to prevent this.

Holojection Telexistence

[Normal Spell]

****I find this card a little too good. Bring back Oculus and summon token, use field spell get another token, summon the link 5, pop a card, ad all that is out of just having the link 3 in your grave, field spell, and this. Maybe make it so you can't bring back Holojecor Link monsters? It would be great to bring back ray dancer to start up combos, but starting in the middle seems a little too good.

Holojection VR Glasses

[Normal Trap]

This card is too slow. First effect is a little pointless, as you want to be direct attacking with the tokens, and they will lose the boost when the opponent's monster is removed. *****Second effect is a nice search effect, but it is a little too slow to use efficiently.

******Holojector Projectorb

First effect really isn't very useful as it only has one link marker, increasing one token's ATK by 1000 isn't really helping. The rest of the effects on this card are too slow, however the effect that changes it's own link markers is a interesting concept. Personally, I wouldn't summon this a great deal.

My favourite link monster of the archetype. Again, good with Laser Coordinator, can 'replace' itself with a token on opponent's turn, Third effect can effectively clear opponent's board. However, with Oculus, I feel the ATK buff/Link Markers/Material Ratio is a bit off, ******2500 seems a little too much ATK for this card. Either change this card's ATK to 2200, or make the ATK boost a fixed 1000.

********This plus Laser Coordinator = Insta win. With the swarm effect this card has, it's ATK should be much lower, especially the fact that this card gives the full 2800 ATK to the tokens. Maybe 2000 ATK for monster and boost?

First and foremost, thank you very much for the review.

I'm going address some of your concerns in your quote via asterisk'ing them a number of times, color coding the ones I asterisk, and  then give you corresponding response to some of your points based on the color and number of asterisk.

* When I first made this archetype behind the scenes I kind of wanted Emission Disc to be a Machine Duplication target, but then I hesitated and bump its attack up. I may bring it back to 500 just to give the archetype more utility with Machine Duplication if I am feeling fickle enough.

** Okay so Beam Pointer is kind of the odd man out of the archetype. But, it is suppose to act as either a play extender for yourself or a play disruptor against your opponent. It basically gives a Link monster it targets a new Link Arrow point to wherever you Summon it (Beam Pointer), but makes the Link monster unable to be used to ladder link monsters while the link monster is pointing to it. You would want to use this against your opponents weaker Link monsters most of the time to halt their plays, and also if you have the Field Spell you can prevent this guy from being attacked. Another notable mention is that it can give you a free Linked Zone from your opponent's monsters.

*** I actually don't see a problem with Ray Dancer being able to Normal Summon itself in addition to the Normal Summon. The archetype wants to ladder into its links so adding a restriction to stop you from getting out another Ray Dancer seems... Self-defeating. You only get to use its powerful draw effect once per turn anyways.

**** I can actually agree with you here. Perhaps it wasn't my best move to make this open to pull out there Link monsters from the grave since the archetype is going to be laddering them anyways. I think my best approach to prevent this is to make the card Summon the Holojector in Defense Position so you can't summon Link monsters from the Grave with it.

***** This is card is more for the sake of flavor novelty. But at the very least if you have the Holojector Link monsters pointing to the Tokens, you can dish out a bit of damage. You would ideally want to activate this on your opponent's End Phase so it gives you a window of time to take advantage of the boost before your opponent rid of it next turn. As for the search effect, there is reasoning behind my madness: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Foolish_Burial_Goods and it makes for a good discard target for 3-D Rone.

****** Now the idea behind Projectorb is to ladder into another Holojector Link monster using itself as a Link material, preferably Apparition or Oculus, and use their effect on your opponent's turn to get out a Token to also get Projectorb out with its grave effect. That way you have Projectorb and Apparition or Oculus pointing at the Token to give it a good ATK boost.

******* Yeah I kind of didn't really pay attention to Link monster's ATK power in correspondence to their Link Rating. I will fix some of the ATK values of the Link monsters.

******** Oh god... Well I will be honest. I actually meant for Spectral Spawner to give half its ATK value to the Tokens it summons. I ideally wanted this to be used to Summon more of the smaller Links to give leftover Tokens a significant boost with extra Link arrows pointing to them.

Nonetheless, this output is very helpful, and with it I can make a more edits to work out the kinks. Enjoy your reps (also if you post a few more things elsewhere, no matter how insignificant it is, I am willing to give you a few more reps for your contribution. I believe you earned it.) I also want to say thank you for starting off some of your time in Yugioh Card Maker attempting to help others here. We need more people like you around.

Archived