[Written] Charmeleon Archetype (Messing Around With Attributes Once Again Like With Holloworlds)

Fukato

The Charmeleon Archetype are a group of Reptiles that Link Summon using specific Attributes. Each Charmeleon are 6 different Attributes with the 7th able to change into any of ALL Attributes, even DIVINE. This is technically NOT a DIVINE monster but it has the ability to become a DIVINE monster.

Each Charmeleon monsters have GY effects only thus enabling Snake Rain to fully take effect. Of course, each effects are only allowed 1 use per turn.

[spoiler=Monsters]

Charmeleon Necroclaw

DARK Reptile Level 4

1600/800

Effect: You can only use each of the following effects of "Charmeleon Necroclaw" once per turn. If this card is sent to the GY: You can use 1 of the following effects;

·Add 1 "Charmeleon" monster from your Deck to your hand.

·Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Reptile monster from your hand.

Charmeleon Thermaleye

FIRE Reptile Level 4

1900/200

Effect: You can only use each of the following effects of "Charmeleon Thermaleye" once per turn. If this card is sent to the GY: You can use 1 of the following effects;

·Destroy 1 monster in your hand; draw 1 card.

·Target 1 non-FIRE "Charmeleon" monster in your GY; Special Summon it.

Charmeleon Spouttail

WATER Reptile Level 4

800/2000

Effect: You can only use each of the following effects of "Charmeleon Spouttail" once per turn. If this card is sent to the GY: You can use 1 of the following effects;

·Send 1 "Charmeleon" monster from your Deck to the GY.

·Target 1 non-WATER "Charmeleon" monster in your GY; add it to your hand.

Charmeleon Stonespikes

EARTH Reptile Level 4

1400/1400

Effect: You can only use each of the following effects of "Charmeleon Stonespikes" once per turn. If this card is sent to the GY: You can use 1 of the following effects;

·Target 1 monster on the field; halve its ATK and DEF.

·Target 1 Reptile monster you control; it gains 1400 ATK until the End Phase.

Charmeleon Whiptongue

WIND Reptile Level 4

1000/1500

Effect: You can only use each of the following effects of "Charmeleon Whiptongue" once per turn. If this card is sent to the GY: You can use 1 of the following effects;

·Add 1 "Charmeleon" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

·Target 1 Spell/Trap Card you control and 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; return the first target to the hand, and if you do, destroy the second target.

Charmeleon Vibrantscales

LIGHT Reptile Level 4

800/1600

Effect: You can only use each of the following effects of "Charmeleon Vibrantscales" once per turn. If this card is sent to the GY: You can use 1 of the following effects;

·Target 3 other "Charmeleon" monsters in your GY; shuffle them into your Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card, then discard 1 card.

·Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; banish it until your opponent's next Standby Phase.

Charmeleon Camochanger

LIGHT Reptile Level 4

1200/900

Effect: If you control a face-up "Charmeleon" monster, except "Charmeleon Camochanger", you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: You can target 1 other "Charmeleon" monster you control and declare 1 Attribute; both this card and that card's Attribute becomes the declared Attribute.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps]

Charmeleon Rainforest

Field Spell Card

Effect: Each time a "Charmeleon" monster(s) is sent to the GY by a card effect, place 1 Color Counter on this card for each. Once per turn: You can remove 6 Color Counters from this card; Special Summon 1 "Charmeleon" monster from your GY.You can banish 6 "Charmeleon" Link Monsters with different Attributes and 1 DIVINE monster you control and in your GY; banish your opponent's entire hand, and if you do, banish 25 cards from the top of your opponent's Deck (or entire Deck if less than 25).

Charmeleon Camouflage

Normal Trap Card

Effect: If you control 2 or less "Charmeleon" monsters (and no other monsters): Send 2 "Charmeleon" monsters, 1 each from your hand and Deck, to the GY, then target 1 "Charmeleon" monster you control; it cannot be destroyed by battle and cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects this turn.

Charmeleon Identical Stealth

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: When this card is activated: You can Normal Summon 1 "Charmeleon" monster from your hand in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. If you control 2 or more "Charmeleon" monsters with different Attributes: You can send 1 "Charmeleon" monster you control to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Charmeleon" Link Monster from your Extra Deck with the same Attribute. (This Summon is treated as a Link Summon.)

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Charmeleon Necrosneak

DARK Reptile Link 2

Link Markers: L, D

Effect: 2 DARK monsters

If this card battles a non-DARK monster: You can make this card gain 600 ATK and make your opponent's monster lose 600 ATK. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effects and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 DARK Reptile monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Charmeleon Necrosneak" once per turn.

Charmeleon Thermalsneak

FIRE Reptile Link 2

Link Markers: U, L

Effect: 2 FIRE monsters

If this card destroys a monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK. If you have 8 or more cards in your GY (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Charmeleon" monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Charmeleon Thermalsneak" once per turn.

Charmeleon Spoutsneak

WATER Reptile Link 2

Link Markers: L, R

Effect: 2 WATER monsters

If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy it. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can send 1 monster this card points to to the GY; add 1 Level 4 or lower Reptile monster from your Deck to your hand.

Charmeleon Spikesneak

EARTH Reptile Link 2

Link Markers: L, R

Effect: 2 EARTH monsters

(Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster you control; send 1 monster from your hand to the GY, then that monster gains ATK equal to the sent monster's ATK. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effects: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower EARTH monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Charmeleon Spikesneak" once per turn.

Charmeleon Whipsneak

WIND Reptile Link 2

Link Markers: U, R

Effect: 2 WIND monsters

Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up card on the field, then send 1 monster from your hand to the GY; return tbat target to the hand. If this card is sent to the GY for a Link Summon: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand.

Charmeleon Scalesneak

LIGHT Reptile Link 2

Link Markers: D, R

Effect: 2 LIGHT monsters

Once per turn: You can reveal any number of monsters in your hand; shuffle them into your Deck, and if you do, draw that many cards. If you send a monster from your hand or Deck to your GY: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Charmeleon Scalesneak" once per turn.

Charmeleon Changesneak

LIGHT Reptile Link 6

Link Markers: UL, L, DL, UR, R, LR

Effect: 3 Link Monsters

If you have 6 or more "Charmeleon" monsters with different Attributes in your GY, this card becomes unaffected by your opponent's card effects. If you control 6 monsters with different Attributes, your opponent cannot Summon monsters. If you control 7 monsters with different Attributes, you win the Duel.

More of the Links will come later.

How do you put tabs on pages with multiple cards I haven't figured that out yet.

​Otherwise cool concept, I wish Konami would make more Reptile archetypes.

[spoiler=Title1]content

more content
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Title2]even more content
[/spoiler]

gives

[spoiler=Title1]content

more content

[spoiler=Title2]even more content

Also, friendly reminder, Advanced Clause is a thing.

Firstly, REPTILES!!!11!!!1!

Like the dual effect choice when sent to the GY, but the problem is that for each card, it's really only one effect. At least, pretty sure that's how it works. Meaning the HOPT does not let you choose between them. The only immediate solutions I see are putting in two GY effects (which is even more repetitive) and giving it a "twice per turn" HOPT, which allows for more versatility...but could still be much more of a problem. Also wish I saw the "non-Attribute" effect more for said GY effects, as the archetype is rather fast as it is, but that could still require so much swarming.

Wish more cards than Camochanger modulated their own Attribute, but what can you do. Also, when thinking of Chameleons, I imagine them changing color to match something else, so it's a shame that you don't have something like a setup form of environment that allows your Charmeleons to change to match it, i.e. a collection of Continuous Spells each matching certain surroundings that allow you to target any number of Charmeleons to change to a corresponding color/Attribute. At least the MD monsters still decently setup speed for an archetype, if not much else. The few Koomy-esque effects could easily be changed to be more flavourful.

For the S/T, just a friendly reminder that sending a cost (between the colon and semicolon) is NOT sending by a card effect, meaning cards like Thermaleye and Camouflage DO NOT trigger Rainforest's counter placement. Ah well. Don't really see how the field will work by sending 7 monsters to the GY in order to Trigger its effects, as...oh. Extra Link. Right. Huh. But even then, I don't see how you're going to banish a DIVINE monster from your GY, and if you're not...the Field's effect is confusing anyway. Please explain what it's meant to do for us lesser mortals ^^ Both Stealth and Camouflage are great support, but I was hoping at least that if the monsters didn't change Attribute, the S/T would. Now we still only have Camochanger.

I see you took the Extra Link focus idea with the ED rather than just enabling plays...and I do like the Links. It's just a shame they STILL DON'T CHANGE ATTRIBUTES LIKE CHAMELEONS DO. It's just a flavour issue in regards to that; a missed opportunity that I think could've worked great and can still work if you redo the archetype, but I can understand if you're happy with what you have. Just a recommendation. Most the Links are fine, so at least a good job there. Changesneak also hints towards the missed theme, and as it stands...it's ridiculously hard to activate his win condition. I mean, even more so than normal, as the only way to get DIVINE is with Camochanger, meaning you're going to Summon said card AFTER Changesneak or the LIGHT Link, and it's going to be near impossible to get a full Link field with little to no recovery means. Basically unachievable atm. Which is a shame, because I LOVE THIS ALTERNATE WIN CONDITION. In fact, I love Changesneak in general. Bootiful.

Perhaps some more protection in the form of support, but outside of reworking the archetype to fit with the hinted theme that doesn't actually get implemented, I don't have any serious changes. Just please don't try and force in Attribute Modulation as an aside, as right now they don't really have an achievable win condition. Either make it less awesome and hard (cri), or try and get the archetype to actually work towards it.

/rant

(The AC reminders are my job, Dova,)

But yeah, all members who post in this thread are subject to Advanced Clause. So for ABC_GUN, please follow this in the future; compliments are fine, but also must come with proper reviewing. (You already write out prompts in your own singles, so you can write a review)

Archived