[Written] Trickster Supports (NOT Trickstars)

Fukato

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/334705-tricksters/

Tricksters are an Archetype consisting of Level 3 Main Deck Spellcasters of varying Attributes. Each and every one of its members has the ability to sabotage the opponent while in their GY. Here, I am going to present new supports for them and update their effects (errata if you will call it). The old post is up top and I will not repost those cards. But I will show the general Errata that all the members get.

Here it goes. "If this card is sent to the GY, you can send this card to your opponent's GY instead."

"While this card is in your GY, (insert sabotage effect here)."

"During your opponent's turn, if this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent there (Quick Effect): You can (insert minus effect here); shuffle this card into the original owner's Deck.

Now let's get officially started.

[spoiler=Monsters]

Trickster Nakagami

EARTH Spellcaster Level 3

1100/1100

Effect: If this card is sent to the GY, you can send this card to your opponent's GY instead. While this card is in your GY, you can only Special Summon 1 monster per turn. During your opponent's turn, if this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent there (Quick Effect): You can give control of 1 Special Summoned monster you control to your opponent until the 3rd End Phase after this effect resolves; shuffle this card into the original owner's Deck.

Trickster Shigami-no-Kami

DARK Spellcaster Level 3

1500/1500

Effect: If there is a "Trickster" monster in your opponent's GY, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is sent to the GY, you can send it to your opponent's GY instead. While this card is in your GY, you cannot target cards your opponent controls with card effects. During your opponent's turn, if this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent there: You can banish 1 card you control; shuffle this card into the original owner's Deck.

Trickster Kyukaze

WIND Spellcaster Level 3

1000/1000

Effect: If this card is in your hand: You can send the top card of your Deck to the GY; if it is a "Trickster" card, Special Summon this card, otherwise, banish that sent card, and if you do, shuffle this card into your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Trickster Kyukaze" once per turn. If this card is sent to the GY, you can send this card to your opponent's GY instead. While this card is in your GY, negate the effects of Spell Cards you control if you do not control a Field Spell Card. During your opponent's turn, if this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent there (Quick Effect): You can destroy 2 Set Spell/Trap Cards you control; shuffle this card into the original owner's Deck.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps]

Trickster Carnival

Field Spell Card

Effect: Your opponent must pay 500 LP to activate "Trickster" card effects in the GY. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 "Trickster" card in either player's GY; send 1 "Trickster" card from your Deck to the GY, then shuffle that target into the original owner's Deck. Once per turn, during your End Phase, if you control no monsters: You can send 1 "Trickster" monster from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Trickster" monster from your Deck.

Trickster Parade Fusion

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Fusion Summon 1 "Trickster" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by sending Fusion Material Monsters in your hand or field to the GY. If your opponent has 4 or more "Trickster" monsters in their GY, you can also send "Trickster" monsters from your Deck to the GY as Fusion Material Monsters. You can only use 1 "Trickster Parade Fusion" per turn.

Tricksterlusion

Normal Trap Card

Effect: When a "Trickster" monster is destroyed by battle or sent to the GY by a card effect: Special Summon 2 "Trickster" monsters from your Deck with different names than that monster. If you Fusion Summon a "Trickster" Fusion Monster using 3 or more "Trickster" monsters you control: You can banish this card from your GY and 1 other "Trickster" card from your GY, then target 1 "Trickster" monster in your opponent's GY; Special Summon it.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Trickster Reverence of Trickery

DARK Spellcaster Level 9 Fusion

2900/2900

Effect: 3 or more "Trickster" monsters (max. 5)

Must first be Fusion Summoned. When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can make this card gain 200 ATK for each "Trickster" monster used to Fusion Summon this card. Once per turn, if your opponent activates a card effect or uses a Spell/Trap effect (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 2 "Trickster" monsters in either player's GY into the original owner's Decks; negate the activation or effect, and if you do, send it to the GY.

Trickster Detachment of Souls

DARK Spellcaster Level 6 Fusion

2000/2000

Effect: 2 "Trickster" monsters

Must first be Fusion Summoned. (Quick Effect): You can send 1 "Trickster" card from your hand to the GY; inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each "Trickster" card in each player's GY. You can only use this effect of "Trickster Detachment of Souls" once per turn.

Trickster Librarian of Trickery Arts

LIGHT Spellcaster Rank 3

1900/1900

Effect: 2 Level 3 monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then discard 1 monster; draw 1 card. If this card is sent to the GY: You can Special Summon "Trickster" monsters from your Deck equal to the amount of Xyz Materials this card had while on the field.

Trickster Merry Trickery

LIGHT Spellcaster Link 2

Link Markers: D, DL

All "Trickster" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. If a "Trickster" monster this card points to is sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 "Trickster" monster from your hand. While this card is in your GY, during each of your End Phases, gain 100 LP for each "Trickster" monster in each player's GY.

Trickster Jolly Trickery

LIGHT Spellcaster Link 2

Link Markers: D, R

Once per turn: You can send 1 "Trickster" monster from your hand to the GY; Set 1 "Trickster" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. While this card is in your GY, during each of your End Phases, inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each "Trickster" monster in each player's GY.

Trickster Kunikami-O of Trickery

DARK Spellcaster Link 4

Link Markers: UL, U, UR, D

Effect: 2+ "Trickster" monsters

Monsters this card points to have their effects negated. (Quick Effect): You can target "Trickster" cards in either player's GY, up to the number of monsters used for this card's Link Summon; shuffle them into the original owner's Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card, then send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY, equal to the number of cards shuffled by this effect. You can only use this effect of "Trickster Kunikami-O of Trickery" once per turn.

CnC?

I’ll just go with the new cards posted here. AND A HERE WE GO

Nakagami: Good limiting effect, Special Summoning is super-important in the game and your card restricts that. The cost to get rid of it miiiight be a bit too harsh, though. I mean, your opponent gets said Summoned monster PERMANENTLY. Maybe add an “until the nth End Phase” clause if the Special Summoned monster doesn’t have a Level, or something. That is a bit harsh on your opponent.

Shigami-no-Kami: Ohh, a Speicial summon clause! Every archetype has one. It’s effect may be just that bit harsh (you know, targeting is everything) but the cost isn’t that bad. Banishing isn’t that hard, and any card you control can be banished. Pretty balanced overall. Harsher effect, lower cost. Maybe apply that to Nakagami.

Carnival: Lowering your opponent’s LP, are we? The requirement to get rid of Tricksters makes for good finishing plays. If your opponent has low LP, and you use a Trickster... well, unlike in the anime, we can’t magically stack our decks when we’re in a corner and OTK the opponent in 1 situational move. Also, it recycles Tricksters so you can change your strategy based on your situation. There is one thing I don’t approve of, however, and it’s this card’s GY sabotage effect. Field Spells are meant to support your archetype and help you with your strategy, not have the same sabotage effects as the monsters. The monsters are meant to hold your main strategy, and that’s the feel I got from this archetype. I recommend splitting it into two cards: The Field Spell keeps the supporty effects, and a new monster takes the sabotage effects.

Fusions: Oh. My. God. THIS IS BROKEN! Not only are you sending multiple Tricksters to your opponent’s GY, you can do it without Polymerization?! Let’s put this into practice. Reverence puts 3 or more Tricksters in your opponent’s GY, so that’s terrible already, and then it send MORE TRICKSTERS to their GY?! Also, detachment of souls does the same thing on a smaller scale, and then punishes your opponent for being PUNISHED?! *takes a chill pill before he gets out of hand again* These are b r o k e n in practice, especially because you don’t need Polymerization. Either require Polymerization, have a maintenance cost like LP payments, or banish the materials. (Really recommend the last one.) These are really broken.

Reverence: Cost to negate card is OK, because it’s archetypal and works against your strategy. Effect upon Fusion Summon, not so much. If it banished the materials, OK, but because it already sends them to the GY, then sends more to the GY... See above.

Detachment: Actually, card is OK, ignore what I said before. You will be dealing damage to your opponent with this one, which is super important. It also does it with Tricksters as well, so that’s one more. Can be underwhelming, if your opponent gets rid of the Tricksters fast enough. I recommend needing to use Polymerization, just to keep balance.

Overall: Extremely unique! Never would have thought of it! I had thought of something similar, called “Malware” monsters, but they summon to the field and sabotage from there! I didn’t think to add a clause where your opponent waits a turn to get rid of it, that was brilliant. The archetype overall is very well-balanced, and I commend you. These are super-creative, super cool, and super balanced! I love it! I do recommed two things:

Since they’re Level 3, Xyz Monsters might be good, and since they hold on to their mats, you can make more powerful effects.

A unique Fusion Spell might work well for them. I mean, they have Fusions...

OK, I apologize for any rudeness I might have done, so Looooooong! *flies away on a Red-Eyes Toon Dragon*

Added 3 Link Monsters and realized that Soul Drain can help this Deck. I also changed the first GY effect to not activate but instead just happen like Crystal Beasts. Soul Drain would be good because the last effects of these cards cannot be used, so the opponent is stuck with their restrictions.

Archived