Necro Servant

DarkFirewall

Hi Skull Servant support! The card seems fine to me; clearly it's intention is to be a free Link 2 monster in Skull Servants that can also drop a Skull Servant into the GY for fodder, unless another deck exists that uses Normal Zombies, then wowzers I'm completely out-of-touch. The pretty much "grab from anywhere" effect might be off-putting at first glance but at the end of the day it's only good target is, once again, Skull Servants; also it requires a Normal Zombie monster to summon so this card just screams Skull Servant decks all day. Great way of giving an older deck an easier way to dabble into the new Link Monsters while still benefiting the overall theme of the deck.

Hi Skull Servant support! The card seems fine to me; clearly it's intention is to be a free Link 2 monster in Skull Servants that can also drop a Skull Servant into the GY for fodder, unless another deck exists that uses Normal Zombies, then wowzers I'm completely out-of-touch. The pretty much "grab from anywhere" effect might be off-putting at first glance but at the end of the day it's only good target is, once again, Skull Servants; also it requires a Normal Zombie monster to summon so this card just screams Skull Servant decks all day. Great way of giving an older deck an easier way to dabble into the new Link Monsters while still benefiting the overall theme of the deck.

Umm actually, Skull Servants might not wanna dump Skull Servant that way, they very much prefer using Gozuki, Uni-Zombie, Foolish Burial, or Wightprincess, to send "Wightprince" from your Deck to the Graveyard, which then will send both the original Skull Servant and Lady of Wight to the Graveyard, milling 3 cards instead of 1.

Though it IS a potential tech using Skull Servant in a more generic deck instead of its own deck, just so that this card can be a consistent 1 card Link 2 that extends plays.

IDK how good that'd be, but I suppose the option is there xP

Besides, I can't really think of any better Zombie vanillas. There's Level 3s and Level 4s, mainly Bonz's cards....  and now I wish I could see a Skull Servant deck featured in the anime.

Umm actually, Skull Servants might not wanna dump Skull Servant that way, they very much prefer using Gozuki, Uni-Zombie, Foolish Burial, or Wightprincess, to send "Wightprince" from your Deck to the Graveyard, which then will send both the original Skull Servant and Lady of Wight to the Graveyard, milling 3 cards instead of 1.

Though it IS a potential tech using Skull Servant in a more generic deck instead of its own deck, just so that this card can be a consistent 1 card Link 2 that extends plays.

IDK how good that'd be, but I suppose the option is there xP

Besides, I can't really think of any better Zombie vanillas. There's Level 3s and Level 4s, mainly Bonz's cards....  and now I wish I could see a Skull Servant deck featured in the anime.

Well, of course! I never said Wights and other already-super-good Zombies weren't the better options to dumping Skull Servants than this. As you said, this card serves it's purpose of being a "hey you can link summon too" card for Skull Servants since they currently have no Link Monsters that directly support them as much as this card does, while also serving as a decent setup to ladder into stronger Link Monsters. It might not be the better option instead of running just Skull Servants/Wights, but seeing as it's an Extra Deck card, it doesn't hurt to have it as a backup plan, which grants the player a sense of versatility in case they really need to dive into the Extra Deck for certain combos or whatever.

Archived