IRL Deck (Shiranui Zombies)

Tinkerer

Decklist:

Monsters (21)

3 Mezuki

3 Uni-Zombie

3 Gozuki

3 Zombie Master

2 Shiranui Solitaire (I couldn't get my hands on another one, sue me)

2 Shiranui Samurai

2 Shiranui Spiritmaster

1 Shiranui Spectralsword

1 Goblin Zombie

1 Plaguespreader Zombie

Spells (11)

3 Gold Sarc

2 Twin Twisters

2 Book of Life

1 Dark Hole

1 Foolish Burial

1 Burial from a D.D.

1 Pot of Aquisitiveness

Traps (8)

3 Shiranui Swallow's Slash

3 Rivalry of Warlords

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra Deck (only listing the ones that actually matter) (10)

2 Psyframe Omega (a friend said he'd be willing to trade me a third one, but I'm debating whether or not I bump against that ceiling enough to get a third)

1 Stardust Dragon

1 Samuraisaga

1 Shogunsaga

1 Castel

1 Dark Rebellion

1 Diamond Dire Wolf

1 Abyss Dweller

*1* Bagooska (don't have it right now, but should hopefully get it soon from the friend)

I'll be honest, I don't know where I want to go with this deck.  Right now it runs like some kind of wallbreaker deck.  It is surprisingly resilient against hand traps and I'm thinking maybe getting my hands on a few copies of Mistake.  But yeah, Maybe I should morph it to be something a more control-based or maybe I can go a bit more straight offensive.

I do have a few Lightsworn, so I could make a hybrid deck, but I've actually shut down Lightsworn Zombie variants with this deck as it is (Rivalry coming in clutch), so I dunno if they're just weaker generally than this more pure variant or if they just have a weak matchup against this deck (or the players piloting them are just not as knowledgeable with their own deck and my deck).

Admittedly, I haven't faced any real top contending decks, so I can't say I need to be at that level (If I can't get my hands on relatively inexpensive cards like a third Solitaire, a third Twi Twi, or Solemns, I really don't have the funds to be going out and playing at any high levels even if my deck was perfect).  But, it still needs some improvements to really compete well at my locals.  Any suggestions on:

a) deckbuilding direction

b) cards (preferably ones under $10)

Nice deck!

I recommend a second Burial from a D.D. now that that's been semi-limited.

Pot of Desires is a great draw card that synergises really well with Omega (return face-down banished Mezukis etc to basically get a mill-10). Its recent reprint in the Mega Tins made it a lot more accessible than it was before. Run 2 or 3.

As for what to remove...

Zombie Master seems a bit weak nowadays, especially as it gets hit hard by Ghost Ogre ("must be face-up on the field to activate and resolve this effect")

And.. I'm not a big fan of Shiranui Samurai.

Thanks for checking it out!

I actually was running double Burial from a D.D., but I'd found it slightly too bricky for my tastes. Omega, my one copy, and Aquisitiveness are generally enough to keep things solid. In fact, more often than not, I'm looking to banish more (hence my choice in using Samurai, on top of being non-destruction removal if I really need it). I might keep it in again, but I'll need to test a bit beforehand.

You're right about Zombie Master though. Especially at 3. I could probably do with it at 2 at most, so that I don't draw it too early, but then I don't have much in the way of replacements right now.

Right, I forgot to note that I'd ordered a Desires, but I won't be able to get more than one for now. Regardless, yeah it's immediately going into this deck when I get it.

[spoiler Thoughts to self]

Maybe I should run Scapegoat...? I have Missus Radiants lying around, they can be used to protect when I'm left open from Omega, and I can use 'em as material in case I need to Black Rose the field. Can pop 'em with Diamond Dire Wolf. Sucks in S/T removal... Hm. Could be useful as a 1-2 of possibly... This'll need testing.

Archived