[Finished]Dova's Competitions #5: Fortune favours the bold! [FINISHED]

Dova

Decided to do another one of these. As always, no entry fee and no entry requirements, so if you're interested, just enter!

[spoiler=Theme]This time, I'd thought we'd delve into the realms of chance. You might be thinking of dice rolls and coin flips, and while that's a part of it, what else in YGO deals with probability? Guessing. Well, sort of.

You need to make ONE card that either supports or has an effect which involves coin flipping, dice rolling or guessing what an unknown card is (bottom of the GY, top of the deck, face-down card etc.) . Make them more consistent, actually have your card do one of those things, give it extra unrelated effects; you can do practically anything you want as long as it adheres to the aforementioned guidelines.

Have a question in regards to the theme? Feel free to ask below.

[spoiler=Rules]1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by/follow them in this contest.
2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; DO NOT use a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format.
3. When posting a card with an image, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for me to read your effect.
4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product.
5. The usage of Fake Types/Sub-Types/Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden. You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing legal 24 Types and 6 Attributes).

[spoiler=Deadline]No more entrants will be accepted past the 22th of November, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time. 
Cards must be submitted by the 23th of November, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time.
Leeways can be provided for adequate reasons, before the final deadline.

[spoiler=Judging/Prizing]I would ideally like multiple judges, so that this contest can be as fairly judged as possible. If you intend to do so, PM me with your own rubric if you don't want to use mine. I would like the judging to be completed by the 1st of December at the latest, and anything earlier is a bonus.

Judges:

1. Dova
2. Azuriena

Rubric: (Total out of 50) (half marks can be given)

Usability/Balance: 30
This is how overpowered or underpowered your card is; whether it has any utility at all, or can end up being disastrously strong in the current meta.
Creativity/Flavour: 15
Relates to how much the effects work with each other (if more than 1), the name of the card, the various stats, archetype/series (if any) and so on. Not just providing a consistent theming, but an interesting one, and so will be subjective to an extent. An image can be helpful to determine an intended design, but no marks will be deducted for having a written card.
OCG/Card Grammar: 5
Small issues, such as an incorrect capitalization here, or a semicolon instead of a colon there, can be overlooked, but larger issues will not.

Prizing:

1st - 2000 points + 4 reps
2nd - 1000 points + 2 reps
3rd - 500 points + 1 rep

Participants who share places will each receive the full amount of points and reps.

Hope you all enjoy this competition, and best of luck!

[spoiler=Participants]Bolded names have submitted their entry.

1. Muddy
2. Aez
3. Armoire
4. Enduser
5. Kyumi

Aw shucks, I'll join too!

EDIT: Here's my entry:

AUVjOWV.png
[spoiler=Lore]When this card is activated: You can add 1 card with an effect that performs a coin toss or a die roll from your Deck to your hand, except "Dead Man's Den". Once per turn, during the Standby Phase, the turn player can pay 500 LP, then toss a coin: ● Heads: Draw 1 card. If the drawn card has an effect that performs a coin toss or a die roll, you can reveal it; draw 1 more card. ● Tails: You lose 800 LP.

Nothing like a children's card game promoting gambling. ;)
This card makes the turn player choose their poison: 

• Take the risk to draw 1 (potentially more) card?
  • Potentially lose 1300 LP?

[spoiler=My Card]

Flip-Flopping

SPELL

Roll a six-sided die until you you get a 1, then for each die you rolled, flip a coin: Apply the appropriate effects as many times as you got each result.
Heads - Draw 1 card, then you can increase the ATK of 1 monster on the field by 1000.
Tails - Banish 1 monster from your GY, then 1 monster you control (if any) loses 1000 ATK.
During either player's turn, you can banish this card from the GY: When a card effect, except for the effect of "Flip-Flopping" is activated that requires a die roll(s) or coin toss(s), you can decide the result for each of the rolls or coin tosses.

Design Notes:

• You'll always roll at least 1 die so you'll get the effect off once.
  • That GY effect can't be used on "Flip-Flopping" or else you can just have all monsters you control have infinite ATK (infinitely roll die that aren't 1s, then infinite heads), and there aren't any other cards to my knowledge that have a 'flip until you get tails' or 'roll until you get ___' effect.
  • Like all chance based cards it has both positive and negative effects, but I didn't want the negative effect to be 'discard 1 card' or 'your opponent draws 1 card', since effects like those would have made this card worthless to play, since the risk would have been too great.

I also would like to join & test my luck-based skills :D

Here's my card:

gMxVZLp.jpg?1

LORE: You can select a number between 1 and 6. Until your next Standby Phase, the first three times you roll a six-sided die or dice (but only once during each following turn), the result(s) becomes the declared number. If this card or another card(s) on the field that includes an effect that rolls a six-sided die is destroyed or banished: You can draw 1 card, then, if this card is destroyed or banished, you can add 1 "Dice Re-Roll" or "That Six" from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; roll a six-sided die twice, then destroy 1 monster on the field with a Level equal to the result. You can only use each effect of "The Dice Commands" once per turn.

(the original image can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/afoncubierta/12020857005 )

[spoiler=In case some things need explanation:]Worst case scenario, it replaces itself with a draw (so it doesn't become a total waster) and includes an in-Graveyard effect for optimal use. That effect can be used in any Deck, but having to base removal on an exact die result makes it a bit akward - however not as much when used with "That Six" or "Dice Re-Roll". It's worth noticing that these 2 cards can be searched with this card, so that you can still have some control over dice.

"Until your next Standby Phase ... during each following turn": I feel I need to explain this a bit.
It allows you to use the desired result only once per each player's turn, to prevent you from abusing it with some cards, like e.g. "Dice-nied" and "Blind Obliteration". Normally, you could use it twice in total BUT there are some effects that activate during your Standby Phase, so I made it to be used thrice (your turn(1), your opponent's turn(2), your SP(3)); hence why "the following turns".
Also, just in case, notice that it says "the first three times", so you aren't totally free to change results.

I love doing things last minute ;)

[spoiler=Here she be]

Fortuna, the Gambling Goddess

Level 7/ LIGHT

Fairy/ Effect

If a card or effect involving a coin toss or six-sided die roll is activated: You can discard this card; declare the result of the coin toss or die roll (without tossing a coin or rolling a die). Once per turn, If a card or effect involving a coin toss or six-sided die roll is activated, you can declare the result of the coin toss or die roll (without tossing a coin or rolling a die). If a card or effect involving a coin toss or six-sided die roll is activated while this card is in the GY: You can Special Summon this card, but its effects are negated until the the end of the turn.

2700 ATK/ 700 DEF

Sorry Dova. I told you I might not have time. I feel bad for dropping out now...

Ah, no matter. You did warn me, so no issue in that regard. I'm hosting another competition too in a week or so, so feel free to join that one!

As for judging, it's almost finished. Both results should be up in a day or two.

My results are up! Azuriena will still be a bit.

[spoiler=Muddy][spoiler=Card]Flip-Flopping
SPELL

Roll a six-sided die until you you get a 1, then for each die you rolled, flip a coin: Apply the appropriate effects as many times as you got each result.
Heads - Draw 1 card, then you can increase the ATK of 1 monster on the field by 1000.
Tails - Banish 1 monster from your GY, then 1 monster you control (if any) loses 1000 ATK.
During either player's turn, you can banish this card from the GY: When a card effect, except for the effect of "Flip-Flopping" is activated that requires a die roll(s) or coin toss(s), you can decide the result for each of the rolls or coin tosses.

Usability/Balance: 9
It’s not an amazingly well-designed card. Looking at the probability (not working this out again xd), you’re most likely going to roll 4-6 dice, meaning, since you’re going to draw on average half of the die you rolled, you’re getting about 2-3 draws. This leads to two factors coming into play; its randomness, and potential boosting. It loses points in the balance department due to potential strength if used, potentially for free if you open it, and yet it loses points in the usability section as well, as its too random to be reliably run in decks. The GY effect is a saving grace, however.

Creativity/Flavour: 12
Certainly a unique way of buffing yourself and your monsters, and the difference between the buffs and the losses is a neat touch. The deciding is functional and supportive, but not really much to say in that area.

OCG/Card Grammar: 2.5
Applying flipping effect is a bit iffy. Second effect is REALLY poorly worded, allowing you to activate whenever you want and for it to leave a blanket effect until...it wears off. Potentially the end of the duel.

Total: 23.5

[spoiler=Armoire][spoiler=Card]AUVjOWV.png
When this card is activated: You can add 1 card with an effect that performs a coin toss or a die roll from your Deck to your hand, except "Dead Man's Den". Once per turn, during the Standby Phase, the turn player can pay 500 LP, then toss a coin: ● Heads: Draw 1 card. If the drawn card has an effect that performs a coin toss or a die roll, you can reveal it; draw 1 more card. ● Tails: You lose 800 LP.

Usability/Balance: 21
First effect can grab about 38 dice-rolling cards, and 47 coin flipping ones. Fun fact, this card can search most of the Chess Archfiends, and all of Arcana Force, which provides a little buffing to them. That regard is fine, and the only issues I can see are with locks like Tour of Doom, and potential buffing of Exodia/Burn decks (Cup of Ace/Paths of Destruction). Second effect is a little more lackluster though, especially as a field Spell. Not only do you and your opponent end up in the same scenario, but you have to wait a whole turn, during which your opponent could easily take it out. Of course, this doesn’t render the searching entirely obsolete, but it’s not amazing.

Creativity/Flavour: 13
Really like the idea of supporting gambling in a...dead man’s den…with the first effect, and the second effect, despite other flaws, captures the VERY BADNESS EVIL THING of dealing with the dice (or in this case, coins). Not exactly brimming with creativity, but it doesn’t have to be in order to be interesting.

OCG/Card Grammar: 4.5
Missing a colon in the second effect to separate condition and cost, and considering you’ve already paid 500 LP, the revealing in the heads is a part of the effect, not the cost.

Total: 38.5

[spoiler=EndUser][spoiler=Card]gMxVZLp.jpg?1
You can select a number between 1 and 6. Until your next Standby Phase, the first three times you roll a six-sided die or dice (but only once during each following turn), the result(s) becomes the declared number. If this card or another card(s) on the field that includes an effect that rolls a six-sided die is destroyed or banished: You can draw 1 card, then, if this card is destroyed or banished, you can add 1 "Dice Re-Roll" or "That Six" from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; roll a six-sided die twice, then destroy 1 monster on the field with a Level equal to the result. You can only use each effect of "The Dice Commands" once per turn.

Usability/Balance: 25
So, you select a number that your die cards work best with, and you get an initial massive use out of it, and a blanket slight little buff from then on. I like it. The advantage and searching granted whenever a themed card is destroyed is also really useful in this scenario, particularly the two searches this card can make. Last effect is risky, but certainly provides an option for you to do. This card doesn’t do anything amazingly overpowered, and yet grants versatility over a wide range of effects. Of course, dice-rolling sucks, but not so much after this card.

Creativity/Flavour: 10
Like the person reaching out towards the dice as though they have to, but unfortunately, I’m not really getting a commanding dice feel from this card’s effects. However, it is rather creative especially in regards to that support and the effect itself is rather unique. A little mish-mashy at times, but they combine nicely for the most part.

OCG/Card Grammar: 4
First effect is still weirdly phrased, as although one can deduce that the declaring effect is connected to the modifying effect, it should be "...between 1 and 6, and if you do, ..." or something similar. Ambiguity in it as well doesn't' clearly state an end to the dice-modifying effect.

Total: 39

[spoiler=Aez][spoiler=Card]Fortuna, the Gambling Goddess
Level 7 / LIGHT
Fairy/ Effect
If a card or effect involving a coin toss or six-sided die roll is activated: You can discard this card; declare the result of the coin toss or die roll (without tossing a coin or rolling a die). Once per turn, If a card or effect involving a coin toss or six-sided die roll is activated, you can declare the result of the coin toss or die roll (without tossing a coin or rolling a die). If a card or effect involving a coin toss or six-sided die roll is activated while this card is in the GY: You can Special Summon this card, but its effects are negated until the the end of the turn.
2700 ATK / 700 DEF

Usability/Balance: 27
It’s easily brought out with cards such as Celestial Transformation...but what could a a card like that be doing in a coin flipping/dice rolling Deck? Why, apparently Arcana Force, because glowy means LIGHT not DARK, silly Dova (referring to Arcana Force). Of course, the last effect is great, and has a decent restriction, except for the fact that dice-rolling/coin flipping is nowhere near enough meta to make it strong. Handtrap thing is a boon, however, even if you do bring it out, it only has OPT AND only works on cards rolling/flipping one thing, also limiting it's plays, if a little less. Not an amazing card, but regarding fitting the bill, it does so decently enough, and deals with Arcana Force in a nice way.

Creativity/Flavour: 13
Well, she’s certainly the gambling goddess. I see her blessing a roll/flip, her blessing a lot more once you keep her on the field, and her being Summoned when one pays their respects to her/sort of actually Summons her. The first two effects are basically the same, and wish you had spiced it up a little more, but sometimes simplicity works.

OCG/Card Grammar: 5
Capitalization in the second effect, but nothing major.

Total: 45

Any complaints, challenges, or comments in general? Don't hold back.

I feel like I should mention arcana force. Ya know,the LIGHT Fairys that all have coin flip effects on summon. I know its not the best thing, but I think I have a niche

Thought Arcana Force was DARK for some reason. Apologies.

Archived