Structure Deck R: Curse of the Dark

I think this post belongs here?

Taken from the Org:

Structure Deck R: Ankoku no Jubaku (Curse of the Dark)

-The new Structure Deck R will be released on March 10th of 2018
-This is a renewal of Structure Deck “Curse of Darkness”, keeping its tactics of battling using DARK monsters, but with brand new cards that can be used in the current Duel environment
-Each Deck comes with a 40 card Deck, 1 promotional card, and 1 Special Token
-Card Protectors based on the main monster of this Deck will also be released on the same day

Based on the old Structure Deck: Curse of Darkness

Fingers crossed for some new Virus support! (But RIP because BA support.)

Sources:
https://ygorganization.com/ggvhhviiv/

https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&id=143

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/SD12

(Here's the correct link if you want)

Well, that and a bunch of new toys to support him and DARK stuff in general. (I'm looking over the SD12 list, because hell knows why Konami didn't bother with releasing it and SD11 in TCG as the Deck, and instead went with SCRs in first two 2007 packs)

Original was more beatdown-ish, but yeah, more Virus stuff sounds cool and giving them an actual theme here instead of just DARK monsters that do stuff. Maybe a retrain of the other two new monsters, but take with grain of salt.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the idea that they stripped the Structured Decks of DARK and Fairies, and made everything into  [1:23] ratio Secret Rares was just awful.

After that I remember rumors that the Felgrand Deck also wasn't gonna come over, and that Konami was done with Structure Decks for TCG.

They probably tried to see how much success the model would result in, and whatever it exactly was, it thankfully didn't carry over in further releases. Was it backlash? Did their sells not get reflected like they wanted? Did they want to know how far they could push bumping cards values and ended up settling for just rarity bumps within the sets themselves?

Actually, I think it was Crush Card. Iirc, it didn't even exist in prize form yet, much less be available to the public.

They were clearly re-structuring (pun non intended) how this Structure Deck cycle works, since after that they stopped releasing in pairs.

- - - - - - - - -

I'm very curious on what the new deck's theme will be like. Diaboros was originally made as Virus support above all else. Flavor-wise, viruses can't use him, but he can increase the chances of viruses of killing future draws. Then we had that one Wolf that molded its ATK to be a proper cost for more than one virus, and the bad equip that made the wolf fall 100 points short of Epidemic's viability..

We nowadays have Eradicator Epidemic, Deck Devastation, Full Force, and errata'd Crush Card. None on the list, and Doom Virus Dragon holding the non-errata'd version of Crush Card.

It'll be great seeing a potential searcher at the very least.

The idea better be excavating your opponents Deck and placing them in any order. Love the idea of sabotaging RNG that Diabolos had going for it. Possibly give the Deck a side of Convulsion of Nature (because memes).

As for cards, I want a Diabolos that Special Summons itself and a new Crush Card Virus that instead goes along with the theme of Diabolos, and excavates your opponents Deck so that you can pick out cards you want to mill. As for generics in the Deck, 2 copies of Armageddon Knight and Allure of Darkness would be spectacular along with a couple new generics for DARK. 

Diaboros was originally made as Virus support above all else. Flavor-wise, viruses can't use him, but he can increase the chances of viruses of killing future draws. Then we had that one Wolf that molded its ATK to be a proper cost for more than one virus, and the bad equip that made the wolf fall 100 points short of Epidemic's viability..

We nowadays have Eradicator Epidemic, Deck Devastation, Full Force, and errata'd Crush Card. None on the list, and Doom Virus Dragon holding the non-errata'd version of Crush Card.

It'll be great seeing a potential searcher at the very least.

Diabolos actually can be used with viruses, they tribute by cost, maybe its new for (if there will be) could activate viruses from other places or ignore the cost, then again i think its time to make a virus normal trap searcher

Archived