Photo

Child Molestation, Sexual Misconduct, and Rape Accusations

28 replies to this topic

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 11,351 posts
  • Spouse:Life and Death

The problem with the rape case above is our society is incredibly sexist. Everyone trips head over heels to to white knight

One needs simply look at the dismal record of convictions and reports for male rape 

http://www.slate.com..._assaulted.html

In society we see women as these delicate flowers who need to be protected and avenged viciously (as that poor guy and his mom found out). But most people are not genuine about the underlying rape culture (as seen by how often men are brushed aside as rape victims esp when the perp is a woman)

It's not about justice, it's about a pound of flesh and scalp secured

In which case I will repeat this point

If rape culture was the target, we would not see the gender disparity we see in people's eagerness to come off as "allies" to women

5l6Lmwb.gif

h9HnKYe.gifPY8EtN8.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

vla1ne

vla1ne

The Last (A)utomata

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Spouse:Lung Tien Lien

In which case I will repeat this point

If rape culture was the target, we would not see the gender disparity we see in people's eagerness to come off as "allies" to women

my solution applied across the board though. i would say the same be it male or female victim of a false rape charge. 

i never really said anything about rape culture, because i don't view it in such a way as to be a culture.

"Watch, Listen, and Think For Yourself"

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:
ThatGuy @4957-4003-0345 PM me and I'll add you.

Hi I'm Dad

Hi I'm Dad

Fuck I look like?

• Moderators
  • 13,730 posts
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Subject:

How do you effectively change the laws affecting false convictions in a way that benefits real victims and real rapists?

Don't get me fucked up.

I Hate Snatch Steal

I Hate Snatch Steal

Elite Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Honestly I don't know how to fix the justice system as a whole.

However I do know that there should be a proven conviction before ANY action is taken. Someone very close to me was accused of having a pedophelic sexual orientation despite the fact that he'd never sexually touched anyone. His parents mistook his https://en.wikipedia...lic_infantilism as Pedophilia thus he and suffered through years of torture similar to the following (read the first paragraph):

https://www.psycholo...mental-disorder

despite never having committed a sex crime.

If you want a non-Wikipedia article explaining more, look here:

http://understanding.infantilism.org/

Feel free to print out and use cards that I've made against your friends, and if you do, tell me how it went! Just don't claim that you made them.

Also, if you duel with your cards and have stories to share, then this thread is for you: http://forum.yugiohc...sharing-thread/

Most of my recent cards are available for YGO pro:
https://forum.yugioh...ygo-pro-redone/

My fanfiction.net profile:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1525039/

Funny conversations and funny posts

how katio vs mizael should have ended

So, if Yuma forgives Vector for betrayal and evil intentions WAY more often then he should, then why isnn't he doing the same thing with Don 1000? /sarcasm

vla1ne

vla1ne

The Last (A)utomata

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Spouse:Lung Tien Lien

Subject:

How do you effectively change the laws affecting false convictions in a way that benefits real victims and real rapists?

I don't think you need to aim for benefiting real victims, i think you just need to avoid causing further harm to them. going for benefits, is the reason false accusers often make such accusations in the first place, many of the false accusations i've seen are linked to somebody either cheating, or feeling regrets about their promiscuity, and calling it rape, well after the fact, because calling it rape gives a shield to the accuser,in the form of white knighting.

that aside though, i think the first step in the best way to go about it, is the way every other crime has been done for years, (which we've been slipping on in sexual assault cases lately) innocent until proven guilty, and false accusations depending on severity, need to be scaled to match what they put the accused through. for example, in the case where a man was n prison for 10 years on a false accusation, he needs to be released, exonerated on all channels, and compensated as much as possible for every year spent in that hellhole. while the accuser, should no longer be treated with kiddie gloves, they should be side by side with his image, as the person who condemned him to 10 years of hell, and still had a good nights sleep. it's not a perfect solution, but it's the most powerful thing you can give to the falsely accused. as for jail time, it needs to match, if not exceed, the time given to the accused.

that said, the justice system as a whole, is in need of an overhaul, sexual assault cases are but one facet of the areas where jail/prison are not doing our citizens any favors.

"Watch, Listen, and Think For Yourself"

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:
ThatGuy @4957-4003-0345 PM me and I'll add you.

Sunshine Jesse

Sunshine Jesse

You don’t have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Subject:

I'm torn. On one hand, the idea that false accusations are anywhere near as much of a problem as actual rape and demands immediate action is actually some MRA redpill bullshit that somehow made it into the public debate.

On the other hand, I generally err on the side of preferring the guilty to go free than the innocent to be punished for something they didn't do.

I think the criminal justice system as a whole should be reformed to give no inherent incentive to accuse someone of a crime unless you legitimately want them to improve their lives and become a better person. I think the idea of "justice" and "punishment" for crimes needs to go out the window and the system should be focused entirely on either rehabilitation, or in the case where such is either impossible or outright rejected by the perpetrator, should be focused on keeping society safe from these people.

This is a bit of an extreme view and not very likely to happen, but I legitimately believe that the idea of the victim getting retribution is bad for society and that the system should instead encourage empathy and understanding for all but the most heinous crimes that signify that the person in question simply cannot be changed.

I'm aware of how hopelessly idealistic this is but keep in mind that I'm an an-com and hopeless idealism is kind of my thing.

While I continue to not be a gambling man, I'm reasonably sure that if I was...

Posted Image

I wouldn't bet against her.

"Treat your religion like your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats."

Tentacruel

Tentacruel

So Sorry

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,597 posts
  • Alias:Tentacruel
  • Spouse:Falling Pizza

The huge problem with all this is that it's really hard to find concrete 'evidence' for sexual assault, especially in less severe cases. (less physically severe, mind you)

So it becomes a he-said she-said thing.  Do you just believe every women that comes forward and give people power to destroy lives should they chose to, or do you employ skepticism and risk actual victims being ignored?

On one hand, the blindly one sided "listen and believe" nonsense is a terrible idea, but on the other, a lot of people seem to remain skeptical of almost every rape case.  Only one woman came forward?  Not enough evidence.  40 women came forward?  Far too convenient. 

etc. etc.

But tl;dr I have no idea what the solution is. 

ADHDguitar banner

mido9

mido9

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Subject:

Just have some piddly fine for a false accusation, like 1k or something. Being cleared of all charges is in itself a full relief, but between being cleared and being accused you're sorta ruined.

White

White

• Night's Watch
  • 11,351 posts
  • Spouse:Life and Death

I'm torn. On one hand, the idea that false accusations are anywhere near as much of a problem as actual rape and demands immediate action is actually some MRA redpill bullshit that somehow made it into the public debate.

On the other hand, I generally err on the side of preferring the guilty to go free than the innocent to be punished for something they didn't do.

In the United States, the FBI Uniform Crime Report in 1996 and the United States Department of Justice in 1997 reported that 8% of accusations for forcible rape had been through investigation determined to be false

That's not small or insignificant. I agree with your statement however. I prefer a 1000 guilty men walk than one innocent man hanging

5l6Lmwb.gif

h9HnKYe.gifPY8EtN8.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users