Atypical-Abbie

A generic Link-4 monster that requires only 2 monsters, so Link Monsters laddering is useful here. It has quite high ATK, however it has restrictions on its direct attack and destruction effect. The idea is to use its effect to lower the amount of monsters your opponent controls, then use the last effect to lower its ATK and get a direct attack.

beast_huntress_by_zaziuma-dbtmydv.png

2+ monsters
Cannot attack directly, unless it points to a monster you control. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster this card points to your opponent controls; destroy that target. This card must be linked to a monster you control to activate and to resolve this effect. If this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle and sends it to the GY: You can halve this card’s ATK until the end of this turn, and if you do, this card can make a second attack in a row.

Looks mostly good to me. I like that it can use the markers towards the opponent's side for offense. You can improve it a bit by removing the "sends it to the GY" condition, IMO.

Admittedly, the name is the only thing I dislike about the card. It is just so generic. Surely you can come with something more creative, possibly involving its apparently mammoth-themed attire. Just throwing an idea. I don't quite get why it's a Beast-Warrior, either. That could bring trouble with Cattle Call. Then again, you can always resort to a "Must be (first) Link Summoned..." clause.

Archived