[DPR] De-XYZ, because Xyz Encore and the rest of the "De-" Spells are terrible

Eshai

D-XYZ

Spell - Quickplay

Return 1 Xyz Monster you control to the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 monsters from your GY that could be used as materials for the Xyz Summon of that monster. You can banish this card from your GY (Quick Effect): Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 Xyz Monster by using any monsters you control as Xyz Materials. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.) You can only use each effect of "D-XYZ" once per turn.

There are a LOT of differences between this and the others. For starters, this allows you to Re-Xyz by banishing it at any time you want, which means you can use all of the materials, and then re use the same materials for more Xyz Materials. Second, it doesn't have to Special Summon the particular materials, just monsters that could be materials. This is because you might not have them there and that was always annoying for De-Fusion and De-Synchro, and they could possibly be materials already on the Xyz (It is a cost though to return the Xyz Monster to the Extra Deck so they're probably already in the GY anyway). It also makes generic Xyz a bit more playable in Link Format since they've kinda been outclassed in every way in terms of ease of use.

So yeah. Wondering if this would be a good tech for Xyz Heavy Decks. Would love to hear your thoughts or if anyone from the DPR wants to approve it that would be cool too.

Not...really. Reducing the Level of them kinda ruins the point, considering you want to make another Xyz of that Level. Sure you could have varied Ranked Xyz Monsters specifically for this, but then again you could just use Link Monsters.

But yeah I'll change the title accordingly.

Actually, there is a De-Fusion for Xyz Monsters. It's called Xyz Encore.

https://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1296348

Also make sure you follow the Advanced Clause, because this (while true) does not count as a proper review. I'd advise you to read over the rules before posting again in this section.

====

Card would be good if we had Xyz Monsters that trigger on their initial Summon, but none really come to mind at the time of writing (I can't check because writing before/during class). Or yeah, I guess you can "recycle" the monster if you need to; get materials out, summon again and then have full mats to do whatever. Link fodder also comes to mind too, but...

I don't know if you have any of these Xyz Monsters in the format, so you might have a better use for this card there than real life can. As a whole, I think it should be fine. 

Card would be good if we had Xyz Monsters that trigger on their initial Summon, but none really come to mind at the time of writing (I can't check because writing before/during class). Or yeah, I guess you can "recycle" the monster if you need to; get materials out, summon again and then have full mats to do whatever. Link fodder also comes to mind too, but...

I don't know if you have any of these Xyz Monsters in the format, so you might have a better use for this card there than real life can. As a whole, I think it should be fine. 

Well, you get the materials back so you can reuse the effects, but yeah I'll be making some generic Rank 3s and 4s with a couple for the other Level/Ranks. However, I'm making the support cards first so I know what to design around.

Guest Pendragon_02

Not...really. Reducing the Level of them kinda ruins the point, considering you want to make another Xyz of that Level. Sure you could have varied Ranked Xyz Monsters specifically for this, but then again you could just use Link Monsters.

But yeah I'll change the title accordingly.

Encore specifically targets an opponent's Xyz monster. It's not an OTK/loop enabler, it's a shutdown.

https://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1296348

(Well apparently I can't read then) but then again that isn't exactly a "De-Fusion" or "De-Synchro" since usually that kinda thing is meant for your own monsters, or at least be able to. Now that card is even more terrible with Link Format, since you can just use it for a Link Summon.

Now I think about this card can be used to Summon a Xyz Monster first for its effect, and then you can Special Summon the materials back to then be used for a Link Monster that you can actually continue your plays on.

Archived