Which Yu-Gi-Oh! monster would fit in well in Smash Bros. ?

Armoire

BEWD. uuuhhhh, similar to browser/metwo/maybe ganondorf

01) Would leap forward or backwards/flight a slight distance while knocking people around

02) laser beam be a powerful attack

03) claws to slash people

04) spin around to do a tail swipe

05) would be slower to some degree in comparison to other characters

Kuriboh/Kuriboh Bros.

- Down-B would swap between them.

- The different colored ones have different elemental attacks.

- Regular Kuriboh's B would be the fastest counter in the game, except it doesn't straight counter: it would cause Kuriboh to explode on impact causing moderate damage to opponents and huge knockback but also a small amount of recoil damage.

- outside elemental attacks/countersplosion, they'd have one of the highest speeds but lowest base attacks.

Jinzo

- Floaty Psychic a la Mewtwo but close and long range laser attacks a la R.O.B.

- Despite being floaty, it'd be a fairly heavy character

- slow standard attacks

Getting out of nostalgia realm...

#74 Master of Blades

- Ring of outward-pointing floating daggers around him.

- Would have the longest neutral hit range in the game and can hit both with his blades (mid-range) and with his fist (close-range).

- With high speed, ability to hit in multiple ways, and decent coverage thanks to the blades, he'd be one of the top juggler and chain grabbing characters in the game, but with extremely limited and predictable long-range capabilities.

I like doing these~!

Honestly, I had already put thought towards Neos.

Seriously.

He'd use a similar model to Captain Falcon, but his moveset would pay homage to his Fusions- his grab would give him Dark Neos's tendril-wings, his smash attacks would give him Neos Knight's sword, the dash attack would use Grand Neos's drill, etc. The fighting style would be quick and reactive, encouraging defensive play (or, y'know, running away) until your opponent makes a mistake, which you then punish and capitalize on with a solid combo. Highly mobile, with relatively low damage and knockback outside combo enders and smash attacks (to keep the opponent trapped in a combo until you're done with them).

I was also thinking about Tempest Magician, using a long-range keep-away/air-based game, using the scythe as a spacing tool and to finish off limping opponents. You can even utilize the Spell Counter mechanic as something similar to Limit or the Power Meter- using down-B to charge a Spell Counter that slightly increases speed and damage output, but using any B-move releases all the Counters you charged up (but the move is more powerful for each Counter as a trade-off). You could even get extra Spell Counter charges when your opponent does something specific- maybe taunting, I don't know.

Buster Blader....oh wait Cloud is already in it

There are never enough giant swords!

Number 39: Utopia  :Kappa:  .

Utopia sounds good to me, actually.

I nominate Aleister the Invoker. It would be among mage smashers like Zelda and Robin, some special and smash attacks could be limbs or powers from the different Invoked Summons, maybe morph into Caliga for some attacks, or perhaps as an "Over Limit" mode similar to Cloud's, and the Final Smash would of course be Elysium.

Kuriboh/Kuriboh Bros.

- Down-B would swap between them.

- The different colored ones have different elemental attacks.

- Regular Kuriboh's B would be the fastest counter in the game, except it doesn't straight counter: it would cause Kuriboh to explode on impact causing moderate damage to opponents and huge knockback but also a small amount of recoil damage.

- outside elemental attacks/countersplosion, they'd have one of the highest speeds but lowest base attacks.

Ohh, that's cool. 

My friend was telling me he'd want Kuriboh, too! He actually was the one who got me to think about posting this here!

And alts would be all the Kuribohs to date.

Moveset was: 

Standard Special: Counter

Side Smash: Berserker Crush

Down Smash: Multiply as a Counter

Up Smash: Detonate/Scream

Final Smash: Flute of Summoning Kuriboh with Winged Kuriboh LV 10 appearing to wipe the line ala Samus.

Also, I jus had an idea:

Exodia can be in it, but... you have to collect all 5 of him for an instant KO to all other players, kind of like how you have to collect parts for Daybreak  and the Dragoon.

Sonic Duck for Sonic Speed and Sonic Taunts.

This sounds hilarious. I dig it.

So, I thought out the Neos and Tempest Magician movesets a bit more, so any modders in the room can do their magic:

Neos:

Borrow Falcon's base model for hurtboxes and movement, but even faster, and damage output on the lower end of the scale (closer to Toon Link), and next to no knockback on standard moves (but still retaining some hitstun).

Borrow Link's smash attacks, with a model for Neos Knight's sword.

A long tether grab using Dark Neos's tendril-wings, but any available space touching the tendrils when they extend counts for the grab (think along the lines of Kirby's inhale).

A dash attack that uses a large Grand Neos drill, along the lines of the drill item in terms of the way it functions (multiple low-damage hits with stun to drag anyone in the way along the ground).

Neutral-B: Flame burst- think PK Thunder, but on fire and it doesn't have a recovery utility

Side-B: Glow Neos's spear, extended out similarly to Corrin's lance

Up-B: Air Neos's (or Honest Neos) wings, with a flapping recovery move along the lines of Pit/Dark Pit, but Neos's head, wings, and shoulders become a hitbox that deals some slight damage until the wings disappear

Down-B: A water-jet attack that meteors the opponent in midair, or sends Neos into a pseudo-wavedash along the ground that pushes enemies away without dealing damage

Final Smash: I'm honestly caught between Divine Neos, Neos Wiseman, or Rainbow Neos. Functionally, there wouldn't be many changes regardless- it's a transformation that gives our mobile hero Ganondorf levels of damage output and five jumps like a puffball while it's active.

Alternate costumes would resemble the various Fusions' recolors, plus the necessary green one that more resembles Junk Gardna because Neos Knight.

Tempest Magician:

I honestly don't know which character model you could borrow for this one- you might have to use a scythe-wielder from another game. Still though, think a slower, heavier mage, because she's weighed down by some heavy robes. Low-to-middling damage output, but I want to stress that her smash attacks create magical projectile attacks if the scythe hit whiffs (think sword beams), to give her more of a spacing tool.

As for a grab, she would have a pretty long-ranged grab, by hooking the scythe behind someone and yanking them toward her. As such, even without the pummel/throw, getting a grab deals some damage to help increase knockback.

Over her portrait, there would be an indicator as to how many Spell Counters she's charged, up to 8- she gets one by either charging one up, or if either player taunts.

Neutral-B: A small energy projectile that can be directionally influenced, similar to Pit's arrows.

Side-B: A directionally-influenceable horizontal dash attack- think the Raptor Boost or Flare Blitz, but surrounded by a magical aura.

Up-B: Your standard, garden-variety teleport recovery move, but it looks pretty with magical runes.

Down-B: Charging a Spell Counter. Getting close while she's charging launches a foe away in the same direction they approached from, at a similar speed, but projectile attacks can still hit her. Each Spell Counter increases her attack and movement speed by 5%, increases her damage output by 10%, and ups the damage and knockback of her other B-moves by 15% (of their usual values). Using any B-move besides charging a Counter will remove all of them, though. I'm thinking her max should be 8, so that she doesn't become utterly busted by just camping on stage and charging in front of a frustrated Ganon that can't take advantage of the end-lag of charging a Counter, when she's most vulnerable.

Her final smash should basically be a representation of her IRL effect being used for its glorious FTK purposes: basically a horizontal PK Starstorm.

Alternate costumes would be based on the other Spell Counter Magicians, plus two that reference DMG and DMoC.

Neos gimmicks

Ooooh. I like your concept of Neos being combo heavy and borrowing traits from Neo-Spacians. Sounds scary though; I can see him taking someone from 0-100 super quick with extra long combos like Bayonetta.

Tempest Magician gimmicks

I guess you could base her model off of Palutena's since she technically uses a staff and some magic--

The counter mechanic is really interesting though and the way you described the smash attacks feels like she would be good at baiting/field control.

Opponent not getting close? Charge up. 

Opponent approaching? Grab and smash

I love it.

I thought of an idea for a monster in Smash with a fun gimmick: Gearfried the Iron Knight. After he takes a 100% damage, his armor breaks and his stat distribution changes. Armor resets after being KO'd.

Playstyle would be play defensively as much as possible, then let loose after you've taken enough damage.

Basically he's heavy, has high defense, weaker damage, weaker knockback, and low mobility (think Shulk's Shield Monado Art. but a tad faster) like a constant metal coat effect. Poor recovery (because he's heavy). But his attacks are fast and don't have a lot of end-lag. Grab is close-range.

UpSmash - Stabs upwards (short range)

SideSmash - Slashes forward (short range)

Down Smash - Stabs ground and forms shockwaves in tight area (short range)

Neutral B- Super Armor while it's held (lasts a maxmimum of 3sec). Makes Gearfried completely immobile.

Up B- Simple upward slash with a shockwave like Marth.

Side B- Dash attack; can be charged. Think Ike. Super armor at max charge.

Down B-  Release Restraint: Sheds armor to transform into Gearfried the Swordmaster. Shockwave/Lightning around Gearfried deals damage and knockback. Super Armor during animation. Fast execution and low end lag. The higher your % is, the stronger it is. Can only be used while damage is less than or equal to 100%.

After he turns to Swordmaster, changes are his defenses are lowered immensely, attack power up, and he becomes much lighter (Cap. Falcon mobility). AKA glass cannon mode. General attack reach is increased (uses Sword of Revealing Light to swing).

Only moveset change is..

Down B - Quick meditation animation. First use heals 3% per use and gives Gearfried an ATK and knockback boost for a few seconds.

Final Smash- Release Restraint Wave: Emits 3 tornados that pushes everyone away with lightning striking Gearfried. First one being the weakest, third being the strongest. Anyone hit by lightning is instant-KO'd.

Alternate outfit (in armored mode) include: Phoenix Gearfried, Lightray Gearfried, and Gearfried the Red-Eyes Knight. Naked mode has robe to match mentioned armor.

Darn it, Draconus, you made me think real hard about this. I'm invested now. xD

Re: Tempest Magician's playstyle- you nailed it! That, and given that she's in a little untouchable bubble when charging up a Counter, you can use that as a particularly dirty bit of disrespect off-stage, reversing your opponent's momentum and turning the jump that could save them into a faster fall to kill them with.

Gearfried passing from Iron Knight to Swordmaster is pretty neat, and the fighting style is pretty aggressive as far as the sword characters are concerned, with a few unique tools (like the healing thing), and probably an interesting combination of them like this makes for a less immediately predictable style. I can dig it.

Re: Tempest Magician's playstyle- you nailed it! That, and given that she's in a little untouchable bubble when charging up a Counter, you can use that as a particularly dirty bit of disrespect off-stage, reversing your opponent's momentum and turning the jump that could save them into a faster fall to kill them with.

Gearfried passing from Iron Knight to Swordmaster is pretty neat, and the fighting style is pretty aggressive as far as the sword characters are concerned, with a few unique tools (like the healing thing), and probably an interesting combination of them like this makes for a less immediately predictable style. I can dig it.

Oh geez, so her charge is like Mario's cape thing.... *shudders* that sounds so fun, though.

And yeah, Gearfried's thing is to try to stay on stage while dealing damage and take damage via his Neutral B. Then using Release Restraint around 80-90% to deal a massive hit and then start beating down. 

Or if he gets super damaged, he just auto-sheds his armor and you can try your luck at turning the tides.

I think Trishula would have a cool B side move where a head would snap, and you can b side multiple time to get the heads to snap one at a time

Might be too big for the game tho

That means he could be a stage/stage hazard ;D

That does sound like a cool Side B though. Keep pressing to combo it like Marth, except infinitely

Archived