[Sakura 36K] Tiānlánfēng the Blasting Storm Dragon

Flash Flyer - Sakura

QOkiVRy.jpg

Tiānlánfēng the Blasting Storm Dragon

Level 11 | WIND | Dragon | Synchro | Effect

3600/3200

1 Tuner + 2+ non-Tuner monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned. ① Cannot be targeted or destroyed by an opponent's effects. ② Once per turn: You can target up to 3 cards on the field and/or in the GYs; shuffle them into the Deck.

天藍風 translates to "sky blue wind" in (Mandarin) Chinese. By now, you all know I like to use names derived from it for milestone cards.

Also yes, I'm legitimately old as far as YCM standards go.

(Going to be another year before I make the big 40,000...not that my post ranking will change even then...)

[spoiler=Stuff goes here]

Idea is, again, try to flesh out the Level 11 Synchro pool because hell knows why Konami didn't bother making new ones after Star Eater. I need to give it protection, because given the amount of removal that exists and obviously MR4, yeah, last thing you want is for this to either get Solemn'd or target removed by current threats. Main effect is basically recycling/disruption (though I would probably like to have this NOT target, but keep the activation triggers the same). That, and/or add on minor burn for each card that gets shuffled.

(Then again, this technically is a way better Castel [or whatever bounces stuff to the hand/Deck nowadays and seeing usage], so...maybe the effect should remain as-is.)

Hopefully I don't have to put a hard OPT on this, even with the 3-material requirements and stuff. (How many Decks can afford to make Level 11 with at least 3 monsters nowadays in VRAINS format, except maybe some Zombie deck or something?)

=====

Yes, this is another Synchro (boss) and some of you are probably asking "Sakura, why the hell are you not making other cards for milestones instead of Synchros?" I can make the other ones, but issue is figuring out what kind of cards can be given that doesn't already exist generically or overlaps.

(I plan on adding this to AGM at a later time; some of you know that MR4 doesn't exist in there and neither do Links. However, I do not have the Legacy tag up.)

I have made plenty of Links, but I simply have not posted most of them here at this time.

IMG Credit: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=45124280

I am well-aware that this is technically Blue Storm Dragon - Maelstrom from CFV.

As always, I found this through image searching for certain parameters (and fits what I had in mind for this).

=====

Reps given to those of you who critique properly.

(Needless to say that Advanced Clause is strictly enforced)

but is not blue is green

While Star Eater handles the offensive side of things, this card deals with the alternative slightly more defensive affair, especially with the slightly better stats for staying power. Very good in that aspect, but I don't like the shuffling effect. Yes, GY recycling or disruption for your opponent is nice and fair, but considering this monster does not need Synchro monsters, or anything other than 3+ materials, I feel a triple spin is a bit too far, especially with the aforementioned protection. You talk about how decks can easily make a 3 mat Synchro, and tbh, I only think we haven't seen that because there hasn't been the need as of yet. Not much experience as to the potential, so I can't definitively say this is too strong or not, but as a card in the current meta I feel that this would certainly affect it.

but is not blue is green

While Star Eater handles the offensive side of things, this card deals with the alternative slightly more defensive affair, especially with the slightly better stats for staying power. Very good in that aspect, but I don't like the shuffling effect. Yes, GY recycling or disruption for your opponent is nice and fair, but considering this monster does not need Synchro monsters, or anything other than 3+ materials, I feel a triple spin is a bit too far, especially with the aforementioned protection. You talk about how decks can easily make a 3 mat Synchro, and tbh, I only think we haven't seen that because there hasn't been the need as of yet. Not much experience as to the potential, so I can't definitively say this is too strong or not, but as a card in the current meta I feel that this would certainly affect it.

(Well, the source one is named Blue Storm Dragon and think its original pic is blue. Then again, not like Japanese uses the same word to mean blue AND green. You can say it's bluish-green or something. /shrug)

I could probably tone down the protection a bit to just resist targeting removal only (though that much is still common). Either that, or just lower the number of cards you can bounce with this (probably 2) or limit the range to either the field or GY (but not both). Will need to sit down and look it over; test running might help on YGOPro or DP, albeit those have their own problems with not having everything that's existent right now. I can probably get a gauge of how aggressive this might be. 

Didn't say anything about Decks being able to make this easily (other than asking "are there any that I overlooked due to the new rules on Extra Deck monsters that can spare 3+ monsters for this?") Looking at the top decks for right now (albeit TCG only, and not taking into consideration LVP1 / any OCG stuff at the moment, etc), seems to be mostly SPYRAL and some other stuff (though I suspect that has changed due to the November list). I don't think we'll get any non-Link ED archetypes in later packs, but that's going into the future right now. 

===

But yeah, thanks for the review. 

Archived