[LVP1] 3 More Link Monsters

A new Shaddoll supporter, and the secret origin of the Prophecy is invoked.

AleisterWasTheMastermindAllAlong.png?res

LVP1-JP026 Inzektor Picofarena
Link 2 DARK Insect Link Effect Monster
ATK 1000
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 Insect monsters
You can only use this card’s name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card then target 1 other Insect monster you control; equip 1 Insect monster from your Deck to the targeted monster as an Equip Card. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and DEF.
(2) You can target 3 Insect monsters in your Graveyard; return them to the Deck, then draw 1 card.

(The 1 effect’s bonus is not dependent on Picofarena)

LVP1-JP036 Madou Genten Crowley (Crowley the Origin of Prophecy)
Link 2 DARK Spellcaster Link Effect Monster
ATK 1000
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 Spellcaster monsters
This card’s name’s (1) effect can only be used once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can reveal 3 “Spellbook” Spell Cards with different names from your Deck, your opponent randomly adds 1 of them to your hand, and shuffle the rest back into your Deck.
(2) While this card is face-up on the field, once per turn during your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon a Level 5 or Spellcaster monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

LVP1-JP056 Shaddoll Nephilim/Shaddoll Construct
Link 2 LIGHT Fairy Link Effect Monster
ATK 1200
Links: Left, Right
Materials: 2 Flip Monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1): During your Main Phase: You can Fusion Summon 1 “Shaddoll” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials.
(2): If this card is in your GY: You can send 1 “Shaddoll” card in your hand or face-up from your side of the field to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your GY.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/the-rusted-chains-of-prison-moons/

And there we get construct ... is this supposed to be a joke ?

The inzektor is solid, though mostly limited to inzektors.

I do not see how prophecy would summon their new link or why they needed one.

Construct is solid, it can be summoned with falco and immediately fuse itself with something from one's hand, afterwards discarding a shaddoll card to fully enjoy this card's markers and trigger the floating effect.

Inzektor, well I find it a bit sad that can't use its effect on itself, but ah well, it is not half bad I suppose, draw power is nice to have, recycling.

Prophecy, strange to give them one I feel, I mean, they mostly skip their Xyz don't they? Anyway, pretty decent I suppose, a way to remove your Spellbook Magician for a bonus monster and you get to Tribute Summon an extra monster. Works well for other Spellcaster Decks too, mostly Dark Magician comes to mind.

Shaddoll, neat card, use it self for the Fusion Summon and bring it back for two extra zones, Link Monsters haven't played around with that yet, so that's a cool card, LIGHT is interesting too.

The Prophecy one looks like it can enable tons of fun with Invokeds, especially if you play IF and the Restricts. I wonder how effective would be to splash an engine of Secrets, Ruda/Knowledge and Power, Fates or Tower in Spellcaster decks.

Conflicted a bit about the new Nephilim. The effects are nice for sure, especially the second one that triggers the used Shaddoll and becomes a +1 Summon in most cases. But the main issue I see is Link summoning in the first place since getting 2 Shaddoll Flips on board is not as practical and giving up their float effects when you could fuse them is undersirable.If you could at least use the Fusions then you would get their float effects, but nope. It doesn't help that the Nephilim Fusion is still banned, so you cannot take advantage of its LIGHT attribute.

Man, the shaddoll Fusion effect isn't even a quickplay. And it doesn't fuse from deck. 

How are we supposed to get 3 shaddolls regularly and field 2 of them. You need 2 shaddolls to summon the link monster. Maybe a third to Fusion and 4th (maybe) to revive the link. I guess you can tribute winda or w/e you summon off eff (1)

It's hot garbage and something like Subterror Behemoth Fiendess helps the deck more. Honestly just stick to Needlefiber and Behemoth. This is at best a 1 of 

The Spellbook on is Aleister the invoker btw

Inzektor link seems pretty cool, but outside of its archetype, it seems pretty meh.

Shaddoll link also seems pretty meh. The reviving effect is pretty cool to trigger Shaddoll effects and get pointers though.

Crowley's pretty cool too. Free searches all day. And you can search Mr. Blue Boy then after, you can summon him, too--for more searching.

Edit: Mistranslation. I guess it just lets you NS a  Level 5 or higher Spellcaster monster without tributing. So... Normal Summon Priestess/Reaper I guess?

WOAH WHAT. YOU'RE RIGHT.

So Aleister started the whole Spellbook/Prophecy religion lore-wise? That's pretty neat.
Makes me want to try out Spellbook Invoked now.

Oh right, it is. He is based on Aleister Crowley after all, who founded this Thelema philosophy/religion, adding flavor to the incident. No wonder the extra Normal Summon of an Spellcaster works so well with Aleister xD  Nevermind this part, the YGOrg has a different effect.

Could this be his form after Magical Meltdown? What about his Caliga form? Do the DARK Prophecies spawn from it? So many questions. Would be cool to see the Invoked Fusions be related to Prophecies-Spellbooks, as well.

I find it so amusing that if Construct was freed, Construct would be a lot better. Then it could use itself as a material, which is pretty good for getting out the main player without needing to rely on the opponent having an Extra Deck monster out or drawing into LIGHTs. As it is now, it's just a big shrug emoji. Not useless, but... definitely could be better.

I find it so amusing that if Construct was freed, Construct would be a lot better. Then it could use itself as a material, which is pretty good for getting out the main player without needing to rely on the opponent having an Extra Deck monster out or drawing into LIGHTs. As it is now, it's just a big shrug emoji. Not useless, but... definitely could be better.

Behemoth is honestly better in most circumstances

It's also a pain in the ass to summon unless you can somehow resolve Falco T1 or have Dark Magic Veil 

IMHO, Needlefiber is the most useful link for Dolls cause you often have Falco+X on board and tooling out Bulb is nice

Behemoth is a neat little lavalal Chain

And then we have this guy

One can make the case that even the Spellbook Link is better for Dolls than Construct is

Hey, can you toss "or higher" into the Prophecy card's (2) effect? Good for clarification.

It feels like Konami was dialing back a bit with these.

I really want to like the Inzector one, but it really needed to be able to equip itself. As it is now, it's a Link 2 with the field demands of a Link 3, and, despite their nature, insects don't swarm nearly as much as they probably should.

The other two... I have very little opinion on since I never fully got into playing either as an actual deck. I'd think the Prophecy one would be useful for its Link summon effect, but Spellcasters don't really run a third spellbook spell in general, right?

Hey, can you toss "or higher" into the Prophecy card's (2) effect? Good for clarification.

It feels like Konami was dialing back a bit with these.

I really want to like the Inzector one, but it really needed to be able to equip itself. As it is now, it's a Link 2 with the field demands of a Link 3, and, despite their nature, insects don't swarm nearly as much as they probably should.

The other two... I have very little opinion on since I never fully got into playing either as an actual deck. I'd think the Prophecy one would be useful for its Link summon effect, but Spellcasters don't really run a third spellbook spell in general, right?

Spellbooks can now drop DMoC with ease, the greatest of ease

Ever ran into a 4800 DMoC that's going to search twice, banish your monster, and likely has s/t protection waiting in the hand? It sucks 

Spellbooks can now drop DMoC with ease, the greatest of ease

Ever ran into a 4800 DMoC that's going to search twice, banish your monster, and likely has s/t protection waiting in the hand? It sucks

...No I haven't. Again, I dunno how Prophecy/Spellbooks work in general. I came back to the game after that. I only know of Spellbooks as an engine.

How do they field DMoC?

There's another reason why Aleister seems to have a connection to the Prophecy Archetype:

One of the other tentative names for the card is "Aeon of Prophecy". Aleister Crowley made a version of the Tarot--the Thoth Tarot--in which the Aeon Arcana takes the role of Judgment as the 20th (XX) Arcana (the same Tarot set also has The Fool as the 22nd (XXII) Arcana instead of 0).

What does the Prophecy one say? Level 5 or Spellcaster?

As in, only Level 5 monster OR Spellcaster monsters, or did it miss out on "or lower"?

LVP1-JP036 Madou Genten Crowley (Crowley, Prophet of Prophecy / Aeon of Prophecy)

Link Rating 2 DARK Spellcaster Link Effect Monster

ATK 1000

Link Arrows: Bottom Left, Bottom Right

Link Materials: 2 Spellcaster monsters

You can only use the (1)st effect with this card’s name once per turn.

(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can reveal 3 “Spellbook” cards with different names from your Deck, your opponent randomly chooses 1 for you to add to your hand, and you shuffle the rest back into your Deck.

(2) Each turn, 1 Level 5 or higher Spellcaster monster you Normal Summon can be Summoned without Tributing.

Maybe TCG will unban construct once they release construct.

Also is she trapped in an infernoid lightbulb?

Yeah, that's a Infernoid bulb.

Behemoth is honestly better in most circumstances

It's also a pain in the ass to summon unless you can somehow resolve Falco T1 or have Dark Magic Veil 

IMHO, Needlefiber is the most useful link for Dolls cause you often have Falco+X on board and tooling out Bulb is nice

Behemoth is a neat little lavalal Chain

And then we have this guy

One can make the case that even the Spellbook Link is better for Dolls than Construct is

Needlefiber and Behemoth do sound appealing in Shaddolls IMO, but not too sure about Crowler. Outside of silly techs like DMoC, Shaddolls would only benefit from its effect by Normal Summoning Shaddoll Beast, and it cannot even be Set without Tributes. And in order to take advantage of the first effect, you would have to include extra Spellbooks besides the Knowledge engine. Scratch this, I realized the correct text says cards, not Spell Cards, so the Magician can be revealed as the 3rd Spellbook.

I could see it working if Construct Fusion is ever unbanned, because that means Trick Clown techs, which as a Spellcaster contributes to the Summon of Crowler.

Yeah, that's a Infernoid bulb.

Needlefiber and Behemoth do sound appealing in Shaddolls IMO, but not too sure about Crowler. Outside of silly techs like DMoC, Shaddolls would only benefit from its effect by Normal Summoning Shaddoll Beast, and it cannot even be Set without Tributes. And in order to take advantage of the first effect, you would have to include extra Spellbooks besides the Knowledge engine. Scratch this, I realized the correct text says cards, not Spell Cards, so the Magician can be revealed as the 3rd Spellbook.

I could see it working if Construct Fusion is ever unbanned, because that means Trick Clown techs, which as a Spellcaster contributes to the Summon of Crowler.

This was before I looked up the effect change, I thought it gave you a second normal so you can do stuff like double math

I do think DMV is something that should be run though 

This was before I looked up the effect change, I thought it gave you a second normal so you can do stuff like double math

Ah, my bad then. I agree that the uncorrected version looked more appealing than Nephilim Link in Shaddolls. Or rather, just play both xD

Archived