• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

BFG Studios

BFG Studios

Aura Animation

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

After literal years of being absent from one of my favorite sites growing up, my interest for creating custom YGO cards has sparked again recently (thanks to Twitch for livestreaming the first series of Yu-Gi-Oh!).

After catching up with the rules here, I think this card uses the VRAINS system... I think... I made a fairly simple card, so I think it's safe to say I'm using Standard rules, which I guess is VRAINS.

Afterburner Dragon

Afterburner Dragon
Level: 7 | FIRE | Dragon | Effect
ATK: 2600
DEF: 2000
After this card destroys a monster your opponent controls: Target the destroyed monster; inflict 200 x the target's Level to your opponent's Life Points. If this card inflicts 1000 or more damage by this effect: Increase this card's ATK by 200.

Design Intent

I'm far from an expert on the metagame. I'm someone who tried to make Spirit decks competitive IRL (they're so fun).

My assumption is that there's no real decks that could be built around this card; it could probably be a good addition to some, though. I believe it has potential to gain lots of power and work exceedingly well with Equip Spells.

This, I feel, is a simple effect monster. It's short, sweet, and has potential. I am stuck in the past--older cards make the most sense to me (even though I love Xyz Monsters)--but I do my best to keep up with what's new. That said, since this card is simple, I'm going to guess similar effects exist. But that's the fun of custom cards!

OP? UP? I'd definitely use this. Would you? Rate away!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova
  • 2,481 posts

Gonna have to go with UP. Level 7, so requiring two Tributes or a wide Pendulum Summon to get it out, so it would have to tech in those sort of decks, and there are better options to go into. The problem is also the fact that destruction by battle AND sending to the GY is becoming more of a rarity and harder to predict, and with this card's stats the most you're probably going to be getting is 1.4k burn, which isn't that much at all, even with the ATK boost.

That's not to say I don't like the flavour of the card, it's just not easy to get out, and doesn't do much while there.

"I make cards, but I can't make decks" - Dova 2016

Random Stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users