Shellbusters. NOT Paleozoic support (but they could be)

ABC Gun

Artwork for these cards was done by https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=245220 please support them when you can

kna8gsQ.jpg
Cannot be used as material, except for the Summon of a WATER monster. If you activate a Normal Trap, or the effect of a Normal Trap in your GY while this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do; add 1 Level 2 or lower WATER Aqua monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Hermiteer the Swordsman Shellbuster" once per turn.

yDNjkyq.jpg
Cannot be used as material, except for the Summon of a WATER monster. If you activate a Normal Trap, or the effect of a Normal Trap in your GY while this card is in your hand: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do; send 1 Level 2 or lower WATER Aqua monster from your Deck to your GY. You can only use this effect of "Piranhate the Huntsman Shellbuster" once per turn.

DABpxIz.jpg
2 or more Level 2 WATER Aqua monsters
Gains 200 ATK and DEF for each Normal Trap attached to this card as material. Once per turn, if your opponent would Special Summon a monster(s), or activates a card or effect that Special Summons a monster(s) (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card, then negate that Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card(s). If this Xyz Summoned card is destroyed by an opponent's card (either by battle or a card effect) and sent to the GY: Target up to 2 Normal Traps in your GY; Set them face-down. Those cards can be activated this turn.

​Yes I know, these cards could easily be re-errata'd to be direct Paleozoic support, but I decided not to because that wouldn't fit their strategy (which these cards help facilitate them anyway). The big reason these cards are not an actual archetype is because I could only find 3 cards with the specific artwork motif that I liked about these cards. Here's 1 combo-centric strategy these cards could work around with ease:
● Special Summon Swap Frog, use its effect to send Hermiteer the Swordsman Shellbuster to the GY.
● Activate either Reasoning or That Grass Looks Greener, hopefully you have at least 2 Paleozoic Traps in the GY after that card resolves.
● Activate the effects of 2 Paleozoic Traps in your GY in the same chain while also chaining the effects of at least 1 Piranhate the Huntsman Shellbuster and Hermiteer to Special Summon themselves (at the appropriate times) to add another Piranhate to the hand and send another Hermiteer to the GY.
● Link Summon Mistar Boy, then Xyz Summon 1 Lobster Hood the Bowman Shellbuster using any number of Paleozoics as Xyz Material.
●​ If you have 2 Paleozoics left in your GY, activate their effects to Special Summon them, then Xyz Summon 1 Toadally Awesome.
● Now you have a field that can stop your opponent from activating cards and effects and Special Summoning monsters while you control at least 2 monsters with 2700 or more ATK, have fun.

There's not really much to say here. The two MD monsters are obviously designed for each other, combo excellently with each other and fit the general WATER theme that is pervasive through Paleozoics and Frogs. The Xyz fits the bill for handling the other niche Toadally/Anomawhatever couldn't hold; Summoning prevention, and now with this bad boy at your fingertips, you have all bases covered depending on your opponent's hand. It's a shame you already need to control Paleozoic Traps for this combo to work, but hey, that's not much of a requirement at all, even if luck still factors into it. Despite that, I think these cards are consistent, and would make neat fodder to fit with said deck.

There's not really much to say here. The two MD monsters are obviously designed for each other, combo excellently with each other and fit the general WATER theme that is pervasive through Paleozoics and Frogs. The Xyz fits the bill for handling the other niche Toadally/Anomawhatever couldn't hold; Summoning prevention, and now with this bad boy at your fingertips, you have all bases covered depending on your opponent's hand. It's a shame you already need to control Paleozoic Traps for this combo to work, but hey, that's not much of a requirement at all, even if luck still factors into it. Despite that, I think these cards are consistent, and would make neat fodder to fit with said deck.

Thank you, this is the first time in a long while someone actually complimented my cards after I took some time to design them.

​And if you noticed in the artworks of Piranhate and Lobster Hood (LOL), all of these cards are featured in those artworks.

Archived