"Emblem" Cards

AngusSwadloon

So, thanks to some help from a mod, I moved this archetype to the multiples section because I think this deserves to stay here and not in the singles as it could get annoying eventually.

[spoiler=Monsters]069.jpg

Ricken, Emblem Mage

Level: 4

Type: Spellcaster

ATK: 1400 DEF: 1100

You can special summon this card from your hand if there are 2 or more "Emblem" monsters on your side of the field, but it cannot attack the turn it was special summoned. When this is special summoned, choose one spell card in your deck, place it on top of the deck.

B75.jpg

Lissa, Emblem Cleric

ATK: 1000 DEF: 500

You can special summon this card from your hand if there are 2 or more "Emblem" monsters on your side of the field, but it cannot attack the turn it was special summoned. If a "Emblem" monster would be destroyed by battle or card effects, you can discard this card: The monster is not destroyed. You can only activate this effect of "Lissa, Emblem Cleric" once per turn.

E01.jpg

Robin, Emblem Tactician

ATK: 1650 DEF: 1600

You can special summon this card from your hand if there are 2 or more "Emblem" monsters on your side of the field, but it cannot attack the turn it was special summoned. Once per turn, you can discard one card: Change the battle position of any monster on the field.

Does the game have other monsters that happen to have Emblem in their name? I don't remember any off the top of my head.

Even so, I have issue with the fact it can just search out any Spell Card, and can do it on any Normal or Special Summon of any kind.

If it said "if Summoned this way" (as in, with its own condition of controlling 2+ Emblems), then it'd be potentially more balanced, depending on what the other Emblems of your archetype actually are.

Does the game have other monsters that happen to have Emblem in their name? I don't remember any off the top of my head.

Even so, I have issue with the fact it can just search out any Spell Card, and can do it on any Normal or Special Summon of any kind.

If it said "if Summoned this way" (as in, with its own condition of controlling 2+ Emblems), then it'd be potentially more balanced, depending on what the other Emblems of your archetype actually are.

Most of it is themed on another FE cards he has posted in the past, so those are what this is supposedly supporting. (I did tell him to just post them all at once, or link to each card because not everyone's going to scan this section for those cards.) All of them just Special Summon if you have 2 FE monsters out, and then some other effect.

But yeah, this is technically a free Spell searcher, and the game tends to avoid that due to the power Spells we have in existence. Either you can leave the effect alone, but restrict it to Archetypal stuff or lock off activation for the turn, OR you can just have it trigger on its own summon effect. I'd probably go for having it search Archetypal cards, but that depends on what he does with this.

Archived