Draining Ogre [Written]

Sleepy

Draining Ogre

FIRE [beast / Link / Effect] 4000/LINK 6

Down-Left, Down-Right, Down, Left, Right, Up.

3+ Monsters

Cannot be used as a Link Material. Monsters whose effect is negated can be treated as 2 Link Materials for this card's Link Summon. You can only control 1 only control 1 "Draining Ogre". Negate the effect of face-up monsters this card points to.

- - - - -  -

^Localized version of Skill Drain. It works at the Main Monster Zone by pointing both sides, and it works at the Extra Monster Zone by pointing to 3 zones down, and an opponent's zone for that time you might be able to negate an opponent's monster's effect.

You cannot ladder out of it via Link Summon after you get your fill though, so be ready to Tribute Summon or something.

You can combo it with "revive X negated" effects like Junk Synchron, with Skill Drain, with Numeron Force, with Lose 1 Turn, or Axe of Fools. That way you  only need 3 monsters to make this.

The idea is to Summon cards like Beast King Barbaros or Fusilier Dragon the Dual Mode Beast, and have them retain their stats.

You can also steal cards with an all encompassing effect (like Jinzo) via Mind Control and turn them off temporarily. Or you can make use of the localized drain via Senet Switch to go in and out.

It is rather casual, but tell me what you think?

This is worthy of Advanced Card Design (You and Egmoedeus both annoy me for posting here when you guys obviously put some really good ideas to the table). The card simply says “screw you” to 3 monsters on both player’s fields, or just the Extra Monster Zones if you were able to get another Link monster out.

You failed to mention that this card is really good with cards that can negate Monster Zones. Negate 3, and then block off the other Monster Zones. I guess there aren’t many cards that do that, but it would be really fun.

This is worthy of Advanced Card Design (You and Egmoedeus both annoy me for posting here when you guys obviously put some really good ideas to the table). The card simply says “screw you” to 3 monsters on both player’s fields, or just the Extra Monster Zones if you were able to get another Link monster out.

You failed to mention that this card is really good with cards that can negate Monster Zones. Negate 3, and then block off the other Monster Zones. I guess there aren’t many cards that do that, but it would be really fun.

Zone blocking effects sounds like an interesting concept. You cattle your opponent into the Zones you'll be affecting most likely. It gives me more ideas xD

Thank you!

To be honest, Advanced Design sounds like a place to post cards meant to add to the current specific meta, instead of my legacy general-ish support, so it sounds like a land I'd have a hard time with.

Zone blocking effects sounds like an interesting concept. You cattle your opponent into the Zones you'll be affecting most likely. It gives me more ideas xD

Thank you!

To be honest, Advanced Design sounds like a place to post cards meant to add to the current specific meta, instead of my legacy general-ish support, so it sounds like a land I'd have a hard time with.

Imo Advanced Card Design to me means creative with design notes. Correct OCG to the point people understand your card but the more accurate the better.

Archived