Archfiend Errantemplar (Screw the Sun, Praise the Pandemonium!)

Black D'Sceptyr

Who's ready for an Archetypical complement to Eccentrick that nobody asked for and that may actually intrude on Archfiend's already flimsy field prescence?

I KNO I SURE AM

archfiend_errantemplar_by_bdsceptyr-dbts

[spoiler=Archfiend Errantemplar: Info]

LIGHT/Fiend-Type Pendulum Ritual Effect Monster/Level 6/2400 ATK/2400 DEF

Scales: 2/2

Pendulum Lore: Once per turn, if an "Archfiend" monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 of those monsters in Defense Position, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can pay 500 LP; Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or banish non-DARK "Archfiend" monsters from your GY whose total Levels equal 6+, then Ritual Summon this card from the Pendulum Zone.

Lore: You can Ritual Summon this card by the Pendulum Effect of "Archfiend Errantemplar". Must first be Ritual Summoned. While you control this Ritual Summoned card, "Archfiend" monsters you control can activate their effects on the field during either player's turn. Once per turn: You can pay LP in multiples of 100; Special Summon 1 "Archfiend" monster from your Deck whose difference in ATK with this card is equal to the LP you paid, and if you do, this card loses that much ATK, then all other Fiend monsters you control gain 400 ATK/DEF.

But yeah, anyone's who seen my first 10 Nights of Fright set over in Multiples knows I've made a new pattern with Pendulum Rituals-that they self summon through their time as a Spell. Ingenious, eh?

So Archfiend gets a complement to finish their scales and make some of the Level 6s not trash (lol nope) and helps secure their field game to run roughshod.

Fun Fact: Complement to Archfiend Giant, like Archfiend Eccentrick was to Archfiend Heiress. Because I'm just a good guy like that. Also, I'm partially blind, since this holds almost no visual comparison to the Giant. But it insures against destruction and lets you Summon stuff from the hand (with help but whatcha gonna do) so I'm claming tangible comparison.

Till later then Reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BDS, signing off.

WITH THIS:

• 2 weeks later...

I like the self-Ritual Summon effect. Sure, if it gets destroyed as soon as it is activated, then it kind of ruins your chance of Ritual Summoning this beast. Plus the Scale is nice, especially with the already existing Eccentric. I also like how it allows Archfiend monsters (including itself) to activate its effects during your opponent's turn. The Special Summon effect's not half bad either. However, I felt it could've gone without the ATK decrease/increase effect. It seems like a bit much, and would just leave this monster exposed for destruction.

Archived