[DPR] Kunai with Chain on steroids: Trap with 4 Simultaneous Effects

Eshai

Weapon Shipment

Trap - Normal

You can activate any number of these effects (simultaneously). You can only use each effect of “Weapon Shipment” once per turn.

● Increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by 400 until the end of the turn.

● Increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by 500 until the end of the turn.

● Increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by 600 until the end of the turn.

● Increase the ATK of 1 Warrior monster you control by 700 until the end of the turn.

1 of my top 5 cards is Kunai with Chain. The utility and decision making that goes into playing that card is pretty fun and having those options makes for quite the toolboxy card. This isn’t exactly that, but the activating effects simultaneously and distributing them to different monsters is still there, and this card just runs with it. In any Deck, is ~Rush Recklessly x2 but at the cost of being a Trap. In a Warrior oriented Deck, however (or just a Deck that has a Warrior) it can give you ~Rush Recklessly x3. 2200 ATK distributed to up to 4 monsters you control is nothing to scoff at, but considering how not used most ATK boosting cards are this should be fine.

Of course, there are better ways of wording this, but considering the flavor text of shipping several weapons I figured this would be way cooler. I’ll do more cards like this but for now, this is your treat. The later ones will be more complicated, with a couple that’ll use the remaining effects you didn’t use as a GY effect.

Question: What kind of card with simultaneously effects would be good? I’m thinking either destruction or effect replacement for the next one.

It is a fine total IMO.

I think you could even equalize the amounts a bit more, and give it variations along the lines of:
-A monster on the field gains X ATK.

-A monster you control gains X ATK.

-A Warrior monster gains X ATK.

-A monster on the field loses X ATK.

and I think the card itself is fine enough overall regardless, that it doesn't need a hard OPT clause, could include a DEF stat change along with the ATK one, and could stay for good instead of until the End Phase.... well, maybe xD

The suggested variation would be useful at making it outright potentially boost an opponent's monster so it gets affected by a virus, for damage transfer effects like Relinquished or Lionheart, for Ragna Zero-like plays, Messenger of Peace, etc.

Though as is, it is also fine enough, I mean, +2200 fully chainable is still pretty legit. It is around the level of a boost that Honest Neos, Bujin Crane, and Apprentice Illusion Magician, without being hand traps. It is also outright superior to the boost of a Kalut.

Random trivia: The biggest quick stat boost you can probably get off a single Spell/Trap of this nature is Graceful Dice capping at 4200 extra ATK (roll a 6 while with Extra Link full field, as unlikely as it is).

The best potential this card has however, is the fact it is 4 effects. I look forward to some sort of chain-link or "each time X" trigger shenanigans from something in the future. It has the edge paved for it.

Archived