[DPR] Equip that can save you 4000+ LPs, but at the cost.

Eshai

Saturated Rain-Bow

Spell - Equip

The equipped monster cannot be targeted for attacks, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly. The equipped monster can attack directly. If the equipped monster would inflict battle damage, gain an equal amount of LP instead. You can only control 1 “Saturated Rain-Bow”.

How about making an absolute defense out of your offense? The card can single-handedly make you a comeback if you have the right kind of monsters. However, you sacrifice dealing damage and then winning later on, so you’ll have to continue using different methods. While it doesn't protect your LPs, it can definitely bring you back from the brink if you can't defend yourself with something else.

I’m thinking the card's power level should be around the same as the Equips that have worked before, like Mage Power and Moon Mirror Shield, which are cards that can completely change the game landscape. I think there’s a “right” and “wrong” way of doing generic equips, so for DPR I plan on making Equips the right way.

Or I’m completely off and no one would ever use this card.

I take it you changed the name at one point? The current name is "Saturated Rain-Bow", but the card text labels it as "Desaturated Rainbow” instead.

Anyway, the one major issue I see with this card is what happens when the equipped monster is attacked. Let's say it loses; now you don't have that monster anymore. I understand that you don't lose any LP, but an anti-destruction effect (like "once per turn, the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle", helpful but not too powerful) might be a good add-on.

Alternatively, you can equip this to an opponent's towers-like boss monster as pseudo-removal (seeing as it would just give you LP if it attacked, making it completely useless).

I guess combo-ing this with something that can't be destroyed by battle is the most ideal, but I'd really like to see how much life someone would gain off this in some kind of Ben Kei OTK.

The one major issue I see with this card is what happens when the equipped monster is attacked. Let's say it loses; now you don't have that monster anymore. I understand that you don't lose any LP, but an anti-destruction effect (like "once per turn, the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle", helpful but not too powerful) might be a good add-on.

Feel like that would be a tad too much. I would rather give players the benefit off of combo-ing with monsters that have protection to begin with instead like what Tinkerer or "Mr. Melon" said. Otherwise, you'd gain a lot more LPs and this would be more annoying than fun.

Alternatively, you can equip this to an opponent's towers-like boss monster as pseudo-removal (seeing as it would just give you LP if it attacked, making it completely useless).

That sounds fun. Didn't think about it before but that probably makes the card much better. Might have to make a Trap that does something like that in particular, probably similar to Rainbow Life and Draining Shield.

Not just a Bump. Sleepy prompted me to make some changes to the card, so instead of being able to make any damage you take from a battle involving it 0, it just can't be targeted by attacks. This means equipping it to a low ATK monster is a bit nicer but it can't protect you from your opponent's monsters. That trade-off is not only interesting but probably makes the card exactly what it needs to be, so yay. 

You still have the issue with the name that I mentioned before. The card is called “Saturated Rain-Bow”, but the text calls it “Desaturated Rainbow”.

The abbreviation for Life Points is just LP, not LPs. Also, on existing cards, I believe the term for attacking directly doesn’t mention attacking someone’s LP; it just says “attack your opponent directly” or the like.

Archived