Spirits of Fortune

JoshForever

Well it IS more effective than Future Visions.

-It has "Fortune" in the name so support can be made in an archetypical fashion for Spells/Traps.

-The +1 Level is alright, however slow it might be, and even if they don't particularly wanna be used as materials for anything as their go-to play.

-It has a searching effect, even if it is battle dependent.

but more importantly, Light is live again and again because you can keep banishing her with other Summons. That, or you can screw with your opponent's field (even if temporary)

This opens up wanting to make Leviair or use Burial from a Different Dimension, just so that your opponent's monster permanently stays off their field.

All in all, Fortune Ladies wouldn't become exactly amazing, but the last 2 support cards in this section dedicated to them would make them solid enough among themselves.

Thank you for the input. They need a bit more speed to their playstyle and a bit more field control so when they start swarming the field they have a better advantage. And instead of the Fortune Lady being Normal Summoned, its any form of summoning and it's optional as well thus giving you more control of your current/future play. Burial of Different Dimension is good to keep your opponent monster banished. Fortune's Future is more effective due to you able to draw 2 cards from it. Search effect, it was either wait for the Field to be destroyed or let it be when the Fortune Lady destroys monsters by battle and I chose the latter. Yes, Light will be more dangerous due to the field spell and you can spam her effect a lot more, especially if a player somehow manage to spam her effect in one turn. Now I think about it, if you have a bunch of Fortune Lady monster while in the graveyard while you control Fortune Lady Dark, and you somehow manage to get more than 1 attack, you can banish at least 2-3 monsters from opponent field, especially if you use Light.

Thank you for the input. They need a bit more speed to their playstyle and a bit more field control so when they start swarming the field they have a better advantage. And instead of the Fortune Lady being Normal Summoned, its any form of summoning and it's optional as well thus giving you more control of your current/future play. Burial of Different Dimension is good to keep your opponent monster banished. Fortune's Future is more effective due to you able to draw 2 cards from it. Search effect, it was either wait for the Field to be destroyed or let it be when the Fortune Lady destroys monsters by battle and I chose the latter. Yes, Light will be more dangerous due to the field spell and you can spam her effect a lot more, especially if a player somehow manage to spam her effect in one turn. Now I think about it, if you have a bunch of Fortune Lady monster while in the graveyard while you control Fortune Lady Dark, and you somehow manage to get more than 1 attack, you can banish at least 2-3 monsters from opponent field, especially if you use Light.

I'm not absolutely 100% sure if this is how it works because this is not a situation that comes up very often, but from what I understand:

When an effect banishes 2 monsters for a limited amount of time (Framelord Omega, Timebreaker Magician, etc.) if one of those monsters moves somewhere else, the monster moved stays at the new location, and the other intact monster will come back alone.

So if you banish a Fortune Lady and an opponent's monster: If you Special Summon that banished opponent's monster with Leviair, or if you send it to the Graveyard with Burial from a Diefferent Dimension, that opponent's monster will stay there (your field/their Graveyard respectively), but your banished Fortune Lady will come back regardless.

In the same way, if you use Fortune's Future to send your banished Fortune Lady to the Graveyard to draw 2 cards, your Fortune Lady will stay in the Graveyard, but your opponent's banished monster will still come back.

Then again, you could be referring to when you decide to banish 2 of your Fortune Ladies instead, triggering a Light and maybe returning a banished Water to the Graveyard so you can re-Summon it again with Dark and draw 2 more cards. That's a pretty legit play because you net 4 draws and a monster search xD

Commenting in this thread makes me remember the plays Fortune Ladies are capable of, and I feel like 2009-2010 again haha. Which the Synchro era is my favorite period of the game I must add.

Archived