[DPR] Marauding Captain ++, Special Summon ALL the monsters from your hand.

Eshai

Catchy Plague

LIGHT - Level 3 - Zombie/Effect - 1000 ATK/400 DEF

When this card is Normal Summoned, or Special Summoned by a monster effect: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand. It’s treated as a Zombie monster, and its effects are replaced with this card’s effects. 

Think Marauding Captain, but it negates the effects and can continue to Special Summon from your hand as long as you have Level 4 or lower monsters. Considering Marauding Captain isn’t broken, this should be fine. It negates the effects and makes them Zombies, so certain kinds of Link monster can’t use it and it’s a Level 3 so Xyz are also harder. Synchros have an interesting possibility but to Summon a level 8 you’d have to at least Special Summon 2 monsters, so that would be a -3 for a Synchro Summon. You could compare this to Pendulum Summoning, but instead of needing 2 cards it takes up your Normal Summon and negates the Summoned monster’s effects.

Originally the effect kept quoting itself saying “... and if you do, replace its effects with “... and if you do, replace its effects with “... and if you do, replace its effects with “... and if you do, its effects are negated.”””” It was hilarious and impractical but it might be the technically correct way to do it in the OCG. I’d rather not, so if there’s better OCG for the card I could use then I would love to hear because I’d like to do something like this for other cards.

Well, Eshai, I believe the effect should be written like this:

"When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned by a monster's effect: you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand, it is treated as a Zombie-type monster, and it's effects become this card's effects."

As for critiquing it, I think it could potentially be disastrous, but, I'm fine with it being limited to Level 4 or lower. Very interesting idea, and it would make an even cooler archetype. Keep up the good work!

well now I have to talk about this.

Zombies getting more Summoning tech, especially with Me-/Gozuki sucking air, would normally have me reaching for the Robitussin. But using this to pump out hands actually may serve a higher end, now that Links are out, getting out the spare copies of stuff in your hand-ESPECIALLY IN SKULL SERVANTS OMG-then using them for a Link and to set up the GY for further Zombie ED Summoning/laddering since they get off on being in the GY...yeah, not fun.

Vendread Houndhorde and Strix especially might love pairing with this, especially since this can help set up for their Rituals lickedy-split and their effects either A) transfer to Ritual upon being used on the field, which Catchy Plague enables with the quickness, and B) have GY recursion effects that could ladder you more Rituals/Links in short order. 

Really, the main thing to look out for here is that Zombies don't get the hand-searching game up too high, cuz then the card you end up comparing this to won't be Marauding Captain, it'll be Ojama Red/Agent of Creation - Venus. A ladder to utter ED degeneracy, really, and one that almost swerves those two cards' faults entirely (Red uses up the Normal Summon, this doesn't have to, and Venus costs you 500-1500 LP not counting recycled Shine Balls, which this doesn't need.)

I'd almost suggest a hard OPT, maybe even a OPD for this, but I'd like to see the effect recur in its Summoned monsters-just not multiple times on the original Summoner, because a well-placed Maxx "C" could spell banhammering for this card.

Your call tho-I like the card, and I'm morbidly curious to see what type of way it'd be broken before it gets Gofu'd.

"When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned by a monster's effect: you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand, it is treated as a Zombie-type monster, and it's effects become this card's effects."

• Monster's would be redundant
  • After a Colon, the first word should be capitalized.
  • Modern card typings don't list "type"

The "and its effects become this card's effects" bit I'm still working on since there isn't proper OCG I can find that has a wording like this, but if you find a link to a card with a similar wording that would be nice.

Vendread Houndhorde and Strix especially might love pairing with this, especially since this can help set up for their Rituals lickedy-split and their effects either A) transfer to Ritual upon being used on the field, which Catchy Plague enables with the quickness, and B) have GY recursion effects that could ladder you more Rituals/Links in short order. 

Considering the fact that Vendread don't really use their Effect Monsters in the first place, this is probably fine (also this was supposed to just be Zombie support for the DPR where they don't have access to Mezuki and other card's you'd expect be exploited). 

Really, the main thing to look out for here is that Zombies don't get the hand-searching game up too high, cuz then the card you end up comparing this to won't be Marauding Captain, it'll be Ojama Red/Agent of Creation - Venus. A ladder to utter ED degeneracy, really, and one that almost swerves those two cards' faults entirely (Red uses up the Normal Summon, this doesn't have to, and Venus costs you 500-1500 LP not counting recycled Shine Balls, which this doesn't need.)

Ojama Red, not Venus. Venus Special Summons from Deck so that's WAY better. My main reason why this card isn't broken is because this Special Summons from hand and negates their effects. Ojama Red doesn't negate (tbf though there isn't much to negate), and Ojamas have A LOT of cards that can search said Ojamas, so I would say he's much better in the context of the Deck. Even then this card promotes a card disadvantage since you're exhausting your hand but without the same recovery as Pendulum Summoning (maybe I could even make this into a Pendulum monster for more fun).

I'd almost suggest a hard OPT, maybe even a OPD for this, but I'd like to see the effect recur in its Summoned monsters-just not multiple times on the original Summoner, because a well-placed Maxx "C" could spell banhammering for this card.

Alright, that gives me an idea (not sure if it works though). How about adding a "You can only activate the effects of this card's name once per turn. and only once that turn" so those monsters can't activate their effects in the GY that turn (since they gained that effect and activated their effects). This also adds skill in that the last monster that didn't use the effect can be used if it gets sent to the GY. Would that be nice and dandy?

• Monster's would be redundant
  • After a Colon, the first word should be capitalized.
  • Modern card typings don't list "type"

The "and its effects become this card's effects" bit I'm still working on since there isn't proper OCG I can find that has a wording like this, but if you find a link to a card with a similar wording that would be nice.

Considering the fact that Vendread don't really use their Effect Monsters in the first place, this is probably fine (also this was supposed to just be Zombie support for the DPR where they don't have access to Mezuki and other card's you'd expect be exploited). 

Ojama Red, not Venus. Venus Special Summons from Deck so that's WAY better. My main reason why this card isn't broken is because this Special Summons from hand and negates their effects. Ojama Red doesn't negate (tbf though there isn't much to negate), and Ojamas have A LOT of cards that can search said Ojamas, so I would say he's much better in the context of the Deck. Even then this card promotes a card disadvantage since you're exhausting your hand but without the same recovery as Pendulum Summoning (maybe I could even make this into a Pendulum monster for more fun).

Alright, that gives me an idea (not sure if it works though). How about adding a "You can only activate the effects of this card's name once per turn. and only once that turn" so those monsters can't activate their effects in the GY that turn (since they gained that effect and activated their effects). This also adds skill in that the last monster that didn't use the effect can be used if it gets sent to the GY. Would that be nice and dandy?

Could work, yes. 

And the Ojama Red comparison was bred of the debut of Ojamaparty. This makes Red essentially a free Skulldeat.

Archived