Archfiend's Whip (Nobody Tell Devo, Seriously)

Black D'Sceptyr

archfiend_s_whip_by_bdsceptyr-dbtvhxr.pn

[spoiler=Archfiend's Whip: Info]
Counter Trap Card

Lore: When a Spell/Trap or monster effect is activated on the field while you control another "Archfiend" card with the same card type (Monster, Spell or Trap): Negate that activation, and if you do, your opponent can choose to destroy that card or shuffle it into the Deck, then Set that card to your field if it was destroyed. During your turn, You can banish this card from your GY; send 1 "Archfiend" monster from your Deck to the GY, then you can Special Summon 1 Fiend monster from your hand that is 2 Levels lower than that monster. You can only use each effect of "Archfiend's Whip" once per turn.

Really though, we're all in agreement I'm just trying to break it one way till people complain and I re-modulate, right? Like, I'm not the only one that can see the tryhard splashed all over this card? 

No? 

It's generally awesome and strictly what the Archetype needs for the sake of consistency? 

Man I've got so many voices up in here. 

Guess I've gotta get it straight.

go for it 

move ahead

try to detect it

it's not too late

to whip it

WHIP IT GOO and now I've got thoughts of Shadow Tamer doing this to me WHAT IS THIS DEGENERACY

Anyways, while I go get the brain bleach, review, revel, you know the drill, get to spelunkin'.

BDS, signing off.

Card should be fine. Archfiend is a rather sluggish archetype. So with their speed, this might at least offer a little bit of protection. Even if they've only got Archfiend's Call if they want to respond to Trap Cards. Though this should be perfectly fine if you've already got an Archfiend monster. So now you're able to Summon in peace. However, the Setting to your side of the field is a really nice touch. Reminds me a little of the Superheavy Samurai monsters. Except this one proceeds not too long after negation. Sure, it could just be a Twin Twister, but just the novelty of taking an opponent's card soon after negation is a nice touch. Especially for an archetype that could've used a bit better support. I'd say make the self-banish effect during any turn except during the turn this card was sent, but going back to their speed, I'm not sure.

Archived