Friday has passed, but bird is still bored. Ask me questions still!

Kazooie

do grills poop

10604502.jpg

don't ask stupid questions

What's happening on Friday? Why don't you say hi back when I say hi? ;~;

Ultra Sun Ultra Moon release. Granted, it might not be here tomorrow, since getting it shipped.

As far as saying hi goes, that takes effort! I'm super tired nearly all the time, starting to think I have chronic fatigue issues. So when I see it, I just say I'll respond later, later comes and I've completely forgotten about it, and then I pass out again.

It's a pretty sucky cycle.

hullo there birb, i'd be happy to fill your void

(it ain't an innuendo black don't kill me)

This year seemed huge for gaming, any thoughts on the games that came out and the climate surrounding them for 2017?

Honestly, this is a pretty tough question.

Not having a Switch is rough, cause there are lots of great games on there that I can't really play, all of which seem pretty important for the year.

The big two are obviously Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, both of them were huge, huge games. Breath of the Wild was a massive breath of fresh air that the Zelda series needed, and one of the better open world games out there. I'm definitely biased, cause I've always been a huge Legend of Zelda fan and I've wanted an open world Zelda game forever.

Odyssey I've not played yet, but reviews are nothing but good, I plan on grabbing that once I get a Switch for sure.

Let's see... One Shot was technically released in December of last year, but that's pretty close to 2017 for me. It was technically a free flash game before that, but it really gained popularity with the Steam release, and for me, it's one of the best story driven experiences I've played in a while. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I'm still in the process of playing, but they've been alright so far. Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia.

It's just been a pretty good year for games. Not so much in quantity, but definitely in quality.

How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was a filthy Genji main?

On a serious note, I'm glad to see you're still around.  Are you excited for Thanksgiving?  What's your favorite meal or dish?  Also, who's your favorite relative to talk sheet with?

How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was a filthy Genji main?

On a serious note, I'm glad to see you're still around.  Are you excited for Thanksgiving?  What's your favorite meal or dish?  Also, who's your favorite relative to talk sheet with?

Depends on if it's a bronze gengu or a grandmaster gengu. :thonk:

Thanksgiving, yeah. We're doing stuff at home, no extended family, cause we ended up having a falling out with them. I'm always a fan of the turkey more than anything else, but good mashed potatoes and gravy is always, always welcome to me. Gonna be doing a honey glazed turkey this year too, which I'm excited for.

As far as that second one, I... Can't really do that with any of 'em. Extended family is rarely around, grandparents hate us now, and I get along fine with my actual family, but... It's tense around here a lot of time. It's hard to explain, would have to go into a lot, lot of personal stuff.

I'm around more often now. The stuff that made me have to step back and take a break isn't exactly resolved, but I'm functional enough to actually be around the site again. :p

Do you share Josh's morbid facination with performapals

nono i do not.

Josh has always been into the weird, cute stuff decks. Fableds were the big thing.

I liked X-Sabers, Agents, and Watts when I played the game a lot back in the day. I kinda dropped off around the end of the Dragon Ruler/Spellbook era, and I haven't even played a game since Links were properly introduced.

And to be honest, I probably won't. As much as I want to play from time to time, learning the whole meta state again, now with Links would take so long. So many huge impact cards I missed, so many one card OTKs from what Josh tells me, hell.

You think you'll reclaim your mod position someday?

Seems unlikely, to say the least.

That was a big case of right place, right time. Community needed something to bridge the gap and I was angry enough to want to pursue it. The mod team was going through big changes, giving me some room to work into it.

Now it would require the mod team wanting me back, getting back into the grove of what I wanted to do, find out what exactly's been going on while I was out of commission, lots of little things that kinda add up, ya know?

Seems unlikely, to say the least.

That was a big case of right place, right time. Community needed something to bridge the gap and I was angry enough to want to pursue it. The mod team was going through big changes, giving me some room to work into it.

Now it would require the mod team wanting me back, getting back into the grove of what I wanted to do, find out what exactly's been going on while I was out of commission, lots of little things that kinda add up, ya know?

I get it. I was just under the impression that you had a similar arrangement that Dad had when he resigned previously.

I get it. I was just under the impression that you had a similar arrangement that Dad had when he resigned previously.

No deal, as far as I remember, but my memory is pretty notoriously bad. :p

If I was wanted back, I would probably consider it at least, but I can't really make any promises beyond that. It's not my place. :P

No deal, as far as I remember, but my memory is pretty notoriously bad. :p

If I was wanted back, I would probably consider it at least, but I can't really make any promises beyond that. It's not my place. :P

Fair enough, Caeda. Do you find it odd that I still call you by your first name here? Oh, how's Dane?

Fair enough, Caeda. Do you find it odd that I still call you by your first name here? Oh, how's Dane?

I've had so many names, it ain't a big deal. Hell, other places I got by entire different names, so it doesn't bug me at all.

As for Dane, he's basically moved on from YCM. Doesn't talk about it, only pops in once in a while to put in unbiased thoughts on issues, I guess. He's moved onto a different site, entirely different name, it's almost like he's a different person. But he's always been adaptable.

I've had so many names, it ain't a big deal. Hell, other places I got by entire different names, so it doesn't bug me at all.

As for Dane, he's basically moved on from YCM. Doesn't talk about it, only pops in once in a while to put in unbiased thoughts on issues, I guess. He's moved onto a different site, entirely different name, it's almost like he's a different person. But he's always been adaptable.

Well, we are old souls after all. I'm glad I've at least known you a bit for the past 8 years. And it sounds like he is doing alright. Anyway, have you ever used an emulator?

Well, we are old souls after all. I'm glad I've at least known you a bit for the past 8 years. And it sounds like he is doing alright. Anyway, have you ever used an emulator?

I wouldn't really consider myself an old soul. I didn't get popular until things sorta... Died down with the big groups, ya know? And even then I wouldn't say I'm super popular. Just old by technicality.

He's alright, that's for sure. Alright enough to where I barely recognize him. It's kinda scary. And of course I have! I use 'em all the time. It's the only way for me to play a lot of old games that I really love.

I am going to take a guess and say you play both Banjo and Kazooie games as well as the retro Pokémon games. How close am I?

Those, Pokemon rom hacks, Advance Wars, Mario World/Hacks, Paper Mario, the list goes on and on.

It's really, really expansive what I'll emulate, mainly cause I have no actual way to play the majority of these games. Being broke sucks, so I'll buy new releases when I can and emulate the old stuff.

Which emulators do you use? I use RetroArch as my frontend and use their various cores to play what I want.

I use a huge variety of stuff cause I was always trying to find what ran best on my old computer, testing out different ones, and then I ported them over to my new computer once I got it. Different builds of emulators, VBA-M, ZSNES, desmume 0.9.9 Project 64 2.2 are the ones I use most, started using Dolphin to play TTYD randomized runs.

Archived