[Written with Image] Xtra HERO Lightshow

ABC Gun

Artwork for this card done by https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2152 please support them when you can

dkHPwhr.jpg
Xtra HERO Lightshow
LIGHT Warrior Link Effect
Link Arrows: ↙ ↓ ↘
ATK ?/LINK-3
2+ monsters
This card's original ATK is the number of "HERO" monsters used as materials for its Link Summon x 1000.  Your opponent takes no battle damage from attacks involving this card. Each time you activate
a "Polymerization" or "Fusion" Spell Card or its effect, or a "Change" Quick-Play" Spell Card in this card's column or a column where you control a "HERO" monster this card points to, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

I'll just get this out of the way because I know everyone else will do one of these "new" Xtra HEROES now that we are getting them. This card's purpose is nothing more than to burn the opponent and act as a wall with potentially 3000 ATK if you use any HERO monsters as Link Materials for its Link Summon, but your opponent has nothing to worry about if it attacks their monsters as it will not damage them in the slightest. Any Deck built to spam Polymerization or Fusion Spells, or Change Quick-Play Spells will have an easy time taking on your opponent for a potential OTK with this card's effect.

(Not really; only that one user will care about making HERO Links. I assume you know who I mean.)

I think you could just change its "no battle damage effect" to just half the damage; yeah, we have Honesty Neos to push for more OTKs on a 3000/5500 body if you can field 3 HEROs to make this, so that needs to be considered (but that's an issue with Honesty himself). Or you can just give it a set ATK (IDK, try 2400-2500), require at least 1 "HERO" monster (taking into account what they've been doing in the past, least in terms of going 3-mat Rank 4 or something; haven't seen them use 3 HERO monsters) and then you can just get rid of this effect (or change it for something else that helps HEROs further). 

While you do have a decent field of viable HERO monsters that can go into this, problem is getting 3 out consistently and if you want to make this over a Masked HERO (or standard Fusion, only Core/AbZero are any good right now) at a given time. Burn is fine, but you really only have standard Poly and Miracle for casual plays in terms of Fusion cards that HEROs actually want to play (yes, Super Poly exists, but that's only for OCG and recall that most of us do not play that). Also because only standard Elemental HEROs can make any use of this because they can do both; Destiny HEROs can only tech standard Fusion cards and Change for Law. 

====

Are the suggestions going to push HEROs over the edge again (and make people hate them more)? Due to the power creep and Dark Law, it is inevitable but they should be able to develop another playstyle that isn't "spam Dark Law and do whatever". 

I got a bit lost in the wording, but I think I get the idea. So let's say this card is pointing to 3 "HERO" monsters. You activate "Mask Change" in the same column as one of those monsters, and then your opponent takes 500 damage. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Overall, I really like this card. Not only does it provide Link support specifically for "HERO" monsters (my personal "HERO" deck could really use this), but it can also be a 3000 beatstick (at least you can tear through your opponent's monsters, who cares that there's no damage?). Additionally, it takes full advantage of the Fusion engine behind "HEROs" and inflicts damage whenever you would being out a "Mask HERO" or Fusion Summon a "HERO".

I got a bit lost in the wording, but I think I get the idea. So let's say this card is pointing to 3 "HERO" monsters. You activate "Mask Change" in the same column as one of those monsters, and then your opponent takes 500 damage. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

You are correct.

Archived