[Written] Blue-Eyes Dragon

DarkFirewall

Dragon / LIGHT / Link

Link - 2

Arrows: Bottom, Bottom Right

ATK: 2750

Effect: 2 "Blue-Eyes" monsters that have a level. When Link Summoned: You can discard a card, draw 1 card for each "Blue-Eyes" monsters with different names in your GY. You can Tribute this card: Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your Deck or Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning Conditions. It cannot activate its effects (if any) this turn. You can only use each of this card's name effects once per turn.

I think you could do more with the name, but I digress.

The Summoning requirements are fine, but only a Link 2? That makes it seem a bit overpowered, especially because we have cards like “Elemental HERO Prisma” that can become a Blue-Eyes card and other effects that can change a card’s name. Plus, it’s already fairly easy to Summon a Blue-Eyes as-is, so...yeah. If you lowered the ATK to 2500 or less, it would be a bit better.

The first effect...wow. Just imagine how many cards you could draw if you execute this properly. It seems slightly overpowered, but not too much to matter on its own. However, the second effect is vastly overpowered. Not only can you get a free “Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon” or “Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon”, but it can come from basically nowhere, and whatever you choose, it can attack the turn it’s Summoned. You definitely need to nerf that effect a lot more somehow. Might I suggest making it so the Summoned monster cannot attack the turn it’s Summoned?

Archived