[Written] Constellar Nebula

Cofvy

Dusting off my account arfter two years away and heralding my return with this...

Constellar Nebula 

Normal Spell

Add 1 "Constellar" Card from your Deck to your Hand. You can Banish this Card from your GY, except the turn it was sent there, target 1 "Constellar" XYZ Monster and 1 "Constellar" Effect Monster in your GY, Special Summon the first and attach the second to it as XYZ Material.

Constellar could probably use a searcher.

OCGrammar Editing:

Add 1 "Constellar" Card from your Deck to your Hand. You can Banish this Card from your GY, except the turn it was sent there, target 1 "Constellar" XYZ Monster and 1 "Constellar" Effect Monster in your GY, Special Summon the first and attach the second to it as XYZ Material.

Corrected:

Add 1 “Constellar” card from your Deck to your hand, except “Constellar Nebula”. You can banish this card from your GY, except the turn it was sent there: Target 1 “Constellar” Xyz Monster and 1 “Constellar” monster in your GY; Special Summon the first target, and if you do, attach the second target to it as a Xyz Material.

Most of it was capitalization and colon/semicolon/comma placements, but the last bit was a bit obscure so I can’t blame you for that. For more help on Official Card Grammar, Zaziuma made a really helpful post in advanced card design here. (Don’t read it all at once it’s pretty long. Read it episodically so you don’t get overwhelmed). Also, searchers should never search itself. Seriously that would be a hassle. Toon Table of Contents is enough for Exodia.

Mechanical Reviewing:

The card itself is fine and supports what Constellars do, but tbh what they really needed was a card like Advanced Heraldry Art where you can instantly Xyz Summon using Constellars in the GY. I think instead of using only Summoning Xyz Monsters from the GY, it should be able to Xyz Summon “Constellar” monsters from your Extra Deck using cards in your GY as a GY effect so you can use it earlier in the game rather than later.

That isn’t too necessary though. It already searches a Constellar card so I suppose it’s good enough. Might add a once per name clause just so the card doesn’t go too crazy with the searching power.

Seems fair enough. I'm not super familiar with the archetype, but I've played against it a few times and saw it be used in the anime, because that obviously matters so I have a general idea of how it works. I can see them using this card, since sometimes RUM cards are involved, and then a "Constellar" Xyz Monster is detached and sent to the GY. It's a good way to bring your Xyz Monsters back out without being overpowered.

Archived