[DPR] How can your opponent complain about having too many Tuners?

Eshai

Overtune

Trap - Normal

Activate only during your opponent's Main Phase 1. All monsters your opponent controls become Tuners. At the end of the turn, if your opponent did not Synchro Summon this turn: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

The idea is to have a card that can destroy all monsters your opponent controls like Mirror Force, but with the twist that you might be locking your opponent out of the right plays if you use it at the right time. Your opponent could possibly Synchro Summon, but only if they can still Summon monsters. Since you can only activate this Main Phase 1, you have to make a judgment call to figure out when you can stop your opponent from doing things. Sure your opponent just might not be able to Synchro, but the card can't potentially stop them from their main form of Extra Deck Summoning.

5-minute ideas are fun, unless they become 20-minute ideas because you're struggling over the fact the card could be sorta unfair with the wrong restrictions. I feel it shouldn't destroy only Tuners since it would then just be a hate card for only Synchros since Synchro Decks can Link Summon but they can't use Link Monsters for Synchro Summons. If they had Link monsters they could just send the Tuners to the GY and be done with it.

Hope for Reviews (this card is weird).

I kind of wish it could also turn your monsters into Tuners, for the sake of this old card called "Powered Tuner".

Even if Links and Xyzs cannot be used for Synchros, they can still become Tuners, ensuring a beater that could even become one itself, for up to 7400 ATK (+Missus Boost if there).

There's also Synchro laddering if your Synchro suddenly could become a Tuner. 

Sooo that's a suggestion (all monsters on both sides = now tuners, but only the opponent's monsters will blow up if he/she doesn't Synchro).

I like how this card encourages people to keep at least 1 teched Synchro in their 15 card Extra Deck for the occasion, or face a nuke at the end of the turn.

It is slightly restrictive in potential combos due to the fact it only turns monsters currently on the opponent's field at the time of activation, and it is hard for me to pinpoint if that is the best possible way the card could go as. I think it might be unavoidable, but regardless it is an interesting concept I haven't seen in a while.

Now for some reason I kind of want a quick-play version of "Variety Comes Out" to exist....

Archived