[DPR] Wandering Equip that screws with your opponent's monsters until none remain

Eshai

Wandering Ghost

Spell - Equip

When the equipped monster attacks or is attacked: The equipped monster’s ATK permanently becomes 0. (This change remains even if this card leaves the field or if the monster becomes unaffected by card effects.) If the equipped monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY, you can equip this card to another monster your opponent controls.

(Wording is probably off but Gravity Blaster's wording hasn't been updated yet so whatever.)

[spoiler: This was the original]

Wandering Ghost

Spell - Equip

Once per turn: You can activate this effect; the equipped monster’s ATK permanently becomes 0. (This change remains even if this card leaves the field or if the monster becomes unaffected by card effects.) If the equipped monster would attack or be attacked: You can equip this card to another monster your opponent controls.

The card used to be more of an OPT thing, but I figured making it into a self-restricted board clear would be cooler. The idea is that it’s a board clear, but only to the point that you have monsters to clear the board, and the monsters are destroyed by battle rather than card effects. While it’s really not as safe to attack in the Battle Phase to destroy monsters, you get around cards that can’t be destroyed by card effects.

There’s also the possibility of not destroying all of your opponent’s monsters on purpose. Your opponent is left with a monster that makes their field incredibly vulnerable, so they’d have to get rid of it somehow. While they probably can get rid of their own monster, the fact you can make it inconvenient in the first place is a lot more interesting than just destroying all monsters your opponent controls in such a simple way like Raigeki.

Don’t think it’s broken, but I think it’s definitely different. I want to make main deck generic Equip Spells good in the DPR so I’ve been making quite a few to encourage players to use them. What do you think?

I'm pretty sure it is "This ATK gain remains" instead of "This change". As for utility, if it wasn't DPR, perhaps it would've been okay with Reptillianne (irrelevant) and with running over monsters and possibly comboing with stuff like "Odd-Eyes" for immense damage. There could be some weird OTKs but nothing really consistent comes to mind. I do like that it can switch its target after battle, but perhaps add the "Equip this card from GY" as a clause, just in case this card does get banished or goes elsewhere. And that would help clear some difficulties in understanding card effect designs and rulings mainly due to the fact that an Equip Spell Card leaves the field once the Equipped monster does too.

I'm thinking this is a newly power-stamped version of Cursed Armaments, and I'm liking what I'm seeing. 

Especially with monsters that can either A) pierce, B) hit for double battle damage (hullo Odd-Eyes, Orihalk, etc.) 

I'd think you might want to halve the battle damage taken by this here card though, this can easily lead to OTK as is-Armaments gets a pass because it relies on its player's board, this....hasn't that DEF. But I also think it can have a little extra besides to really stand out-I'm thinking of an "unaffected by other monster effects" thing so Crystal Wing, Honest, and Utopia the Lightning can't skedaddle their way around this effect, and it fills its own niche. 

As is, I'm okay with it though. More power to ya, Eeeshay.

I agree with BDS here about the halve Damage thing. Fulani also brings up a good point about confirming where you’re equipping it from. So maybe something like:

“If this card is sent to the GY because the equipped monster was destroyed by battle and sent to the GY: You can equip this card to another monster your opponent controls.”

And spinning off of BDS’s “little extra” idea, I think instead of the suggested negation effect, it would be really cool to have it equip to the monster that it was used as a material for.

So if the opponent tributes/Xyz/Synchros/Fusions/Links it, it can equip to that new monster. Kind of like a curse being passed down a line, flavor-wise.

I'd think you might want to halve the battle damage taken by this here card though, this can easily lead to OTK as is-Armaments gets a pass because it relies on its player's board, this....hasn't that DEF. But I also think it can have a little extra besides to really stand out-I'm thinking of an "unaffected by other monster effects" thing so Crystal Wing, Honest, and Utopia the Lightning can't skedaddle their way around this effect, and it fills its own niche. 

I agree with BDS here about the halve Damage thing. 

Imma compare this to Raigeki to see if it needs it

++ Can keep itself on the board

++ Not limited

+ Immune to cannot be destroyed by card effects.

+ Doesn't trigger destroyed by card effect effects

+ "Attack all monsters your opponent controls" and double damage effects. (Nice combo potential)

- If you want to keep it on the board you can't attack directly and you can't destroy the last monster by battle.

- Have to go into the Battle Phase to destroy the monsters

- You can't play this like Raigeki as a top deck in a losing position.

- Have to have enough monsters already on the field to get a complete board clear.

- Triggers cannot be destroyed by battle effects (which are usually more common)

- Targeted by card effects.

- Defense Position and Set monsters in general.

~ Cannot be destroyed by battle + Defense Position (cannot be destroyed by battle could be good if the monster is in ATK position)

Still trying to figure out a system for this kind of comparison review, but looking at this I think there's not enough of a reason to give it half the battle damage. Raigeki just clears the board, but this card has to go an extra couple of miles to do so, requiring outside support from cards you already have in play. This has also made me realize that it's a board clear that's simultaneously a "win more" card. The only time this isn't is if they have 1 more monster than you, in which you equip it last to that monster and hope your opponent doesn't use it as a Tribute or Material for its Summon. Considering this has plenty of weaknesses already, I feel halving the damage output is a bit too harsh. 

Archived