Neo Zombie World [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Neo Zombie World

Field Spell

If you only have Zombie monsters in your GY: all monsters your opponent controls and in their GY become Zombie monsters. Your opponent cannot target Zombie monsters with card effects. You can Normal Summon Zombie monsters from the GY.

I'll be honest, I really just wanted to make a card with that last effect simply because it is extremely easy to burn through your hand with Zombies yet have tons of useful ones in the GY, but I figured I'd try my hand at revamping an old card. I didn't want to make this strictly better than the old one, so I gave it a different niche, with a pretty useful floodgate effect whose effectiveness is doubled if you restrict yourself. Thoughts?

You can Normal Summon Zombie monsters from the GY.

Damn, that's something interesting

Let's see, Brilliant fusion comes to mind but there are few relevant LIGHT zombie monsters, one being Wright Princess which would definitely help Skull Servant decks but I just can't think of a way it's particularly good there. The others LIGHT zombie monsters have basically no potential. You'll probably just sen Snow or Trick Clown instead

Chain Summoning would be really good here if you can get it off, otherwise, it would just allow you to summon a monster when you have no cards in your hand.

Your opponent cannot target Zombie monsters with card effects

I say make this condition to having only zombies in your grave as well since this protection is pretty powerful, won't be broken either way.

Also by your wording, your opponent can not target their own monsters with their own effects. That generally won't be relevant but little stuff like Forbidden Lance, Metalfoes, and Double Iris Magician it'll hurt a little, although there's no deck that comes to mind that get's blown out by it.

Thanks for the look!  A lot's happened irl in the past few days that I'd almost forgotten I'd made this XD

I say make this condition to having only zombies in your grave as well since this protection is pretty powerful, won't be broken either way.

Also by your wording, your opponent can not target their own monsters with their own effects. That generally won't be relevant but little stuff like Forbidden Lance, Metalfoes, and Double Iris Magician it'll hurt a little, although there's no deck that comes to mind that get's blown out by it.

Yeah, I was hoping to make it so that if you have only Zombies in grave, your opponent cannot target their own monsters on the field and also in the GY (though admittedly, that aspect is even less than on-field targets).

I might restrict the targeting protection for your Zombies, but the field spell has no natural protection, so getting rid of it before hitting the Zombies shouldn't be too big an issue which was kinda my thought in keeping the full target restriction.  However, if this is a bigger issue or if there's a combo or something that this protection might break, I'd be more than willing to change it!

Thanks again!

Archived