[Written] Instant Link

Dova

Instant Link

Normal Spell

Pay 1000 LP, then target 1 face-up monster you control; send 1 Link 3 or lower Link monster from your Extra Deck to the GY, and if you do, that target gains the sent monster's Link Arrows. You can only activate 1 "Instant Link" per turn.

Dunno about the OCG on this. Perhaps use Link Markers instead? In any case, I feel this is a good way to set up a Link field in a Deck that isn't designed to Summon Links. Any deck running this is probably going to run a SW-S-SE Link 3 monster in order to maximize this card's profit, or even a L-U-R for a monster not in the EMZ, but I feel the fact that I restricted it to Link 3 or lower limits dangerous monster appearing your GY, and the fact that it sends to the GY as part of the effect means that your opponent can do something in case you want to do a Gale Dogra or something. In fact, I have a feeling this may actually be too weak, but Link format is in early days!

As always, CnC would be appreciated.

I've seen like four attempts at this card by now, but I still like the first one I saw the most.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366845-written-shortcut-link/

It also helps that its name wasn't "Instant X". There is actually no reason to follow that naming scheme considering Ritual Foregone.

There are likely many rules problems that come with your rendition.

It's fair though, and I imagine it could trigger effects some time in the future. :V

Archived