DEAD, This Forum Is...

HulkTySSJ2

This site has been good to me for over a decade now. Though plenty of ups and downs came, I had multiple thoughts that the forum died already..... But now its confirmed...
Just recently, we had ANOTHER issue with the card maker. Now ALL cards no longer have images.
Yep......
The main focus of the entire site is ruined, thus making the site itself pointless until fixed, BUT it will NEVER be fixed because YCMaker left the forum years ago and never did anything to fix anything before leaving... He even didn't get anyone else that was able to fix things while he was gone...

Not a single Moderator left can even do anything...

The site is dead. Officially now. Sorry everyone.
Thanks for the memories...

Then... Remake your cards with new pictures? You can still upload images to the card maker, this is more laziness than anything.

The real issue with the card maker is the fact that it can't make Pendulum or Link monsters, but that's why there are easy to get tools that do make those now. Sure the card maker was a draw originally, but it isn't something we can really coast on when people have made tools with better flexibility now.

Like Rod said, the thing that'll keep YCM alive is the community, with or without the card maker.

As Rod and Birdie already said, this site - while broken in some places - is far from dead. It's the active members and sense of community that keep the forum ticking, not some outdated and broken feature that we can't fix without our ever-missing admin. In fact, most of this site doesn't even rely on the cardmaker in any way, shape, or form; only the Custom Cards sections need it. Claiming that a feature that only one section relies on (and even then, written cards are a thing, as well as TCGEditor and Photoshop/GIMP templates) being broken equates to the death of the entire site is... well, I don't know how to candy-coat it, but it's rather self-centered (for lack of a better word that I know of). Now if the cardmaker is all you came here for and so the site is dead to you, that's one thing and I get that. But trust me, YCM isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

As Rod and Birdie already said, this site - while broken in some places - is far from dead. It's the active members and sense of community that keep the forum ticking, not some outdated and broken feature that we can't fix without our ever-missing admin. In fact, most of this site doesn't even rely on the cardmaker in any way, shape, or form; only the Custom Cards sections need it. Claiming that a feature that only one section relies on (and even then, written cards are a thing, as well as TCGEditor and Photoshop/GIMP templates) being broken equates to the death of the entire site is... well, I don't know how to candy-coat it, but it's rather self-centered (for lack of a better word that I know of). Now if the cardmaker is all you came here for and so the site is dead to you, that's one thing and I get that. But trust me, YCM isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

We should just have our coding members take a risk to update the card maker then

Btw, is there a way we could be able to redirect the page entrance to the forums instead of the card maker itself?
That'd help to diminish the presence and awareness of it (It's not like it'll ever be fixed anyways sooooo).

Yes, the forum is not as active as it used to be, but I've heard from friends in non-Yugioh-related sites that this is more or less a trend any focused forums like this are suffering from. You could say this kind of forum is so last decade, but I personally find a lot of commodity and charm in here, and so do many others, otherwise the forum would no longer have any activity.

I just don't like the system of Discord and the like... not for proper discussions that can be tracked down and revised at later dates anyway.

I need to note that a lot of members have mentioned the white image glitch, and everyone's affected by it. Manual uploads do not work, but URLs do.

We should just have our coding members take a risk to update the card maker then

I think Dolphin volunteered to try figuring it out a good while back if we could get the source code, but IDK where he is nowadays, requires actually getting the code from the cardmaker and so on. 

Don't people just use the TCG Editor anyway?

A lot of people still do, though there are a handful who resort to Grezar's templates (well, at least one guy in particular). I technically do nowadays because MSE doesn't work well on Linux, and my own templates are somewhat labor-intensive. 

MSE is updated, but people don't like the formatting. 

Btw, is there a way we could be able to redirect the page entrance to the forums instead of the card maker itself?
That'd help to diminish the presence and awareness of it (It's not like it'll ever be fixed anyways sooooo).

Yes, the forum is not as active as it used to be, but I've heard from friends in non-Yugioh-related sites that this is more or less a trend any focused forums like this are suffering from. You could say this kind of forum is so last decade, but I personally find a lot of commodity and charm in here, and so do many others, otherwise the forum would no longer have any activity.

I just don't like the system of Discord and the like... not for proper discussions that can be tracked down and revised at later dates anyway.

If we can find the setting for it in the ACP, then yes. Though I haven't found one yet. 

But then, you're not the only one who doesn't like Discord; past staff members voted no on adding a chat because it draws activity away from here. If I remember correctly, the ex-YCM one still exists, but it's somewhat dead now.

======

As for Hulkty (because I know he just came for his DBZ cards in Experimental and other stuff), yeah, written cards exists, MSE / TCGEditor exists (though you already mentioned that you dislike the formatting; not much can be done about it in the current version) and so forth. I won't restate this again, but even if the cardmaker is busted, CC is still going on, and YCM itself (albeit with problems here and there, both with internal site and community-based) is still going. 

Cardmaker is dead, but not YCM as a whole.

Then... Remake your cards with new pictures? You can still upload images to the card maker, this is more laziness than anything.

You have no idea how much work I've done. No. Not a hint of laziness.

Almost a decade of work went into my gallery.

A decade is 10 years.

Change the name of the forum.

It no longer makes sense...

You have no idea how much work I've done. No. Not a hint of laziness.

Almost a decade of work went into my gallery.

A decade is 10 years.

Change the name of the forum.

It no longer makes sense...

I don't think it's something irreversible though. The cards are all there, you just need the images. 

You only need to upload an image to Imgur and insert this code into the "upload image" part of the card maker (without clicking the button of upload, just generate)

[spoiler=Visual Example]

KZUwhCz.png

I tried it and look at my result:

[spoiler=Here]

bbEjQnX.png

I then proceeded to refresh the card maker's page and see if my image was still there when I selected my card, and at least right now it still is.

Yes the card maker is still a broken outdated glitchy thing, and my explanation doesn't mean it is alright, but this is a way you could cope with it.

Even if you had, say, 800 cards, one could refill the images in a few afternoons.

If you have any cards you really appreciate, I recommend you saved them in a folder in your computer.

Take this from me, a person that's been in the forum just 2 months less than you have (I'm from Nov 2008), has always been relatively active in YCM, and that strive for my card images to be my own drawings (when I don't do written cards anyways).... If I'm being positive, you can be positive xP

Archived