Let's Fix the Card Maker!

Tinkerer

Speaking of which, I took the liberty of taking the HTML code from the card maker page and creating a simulated card maker to test the code: http://strikeman.byethost7.com/ycmtest.html

I did it while signed in, hence why it looks like I'm signed in at the top (which I should go about correcting so my cards don't get messed up by accident).

In that case...you probably HAVE most of the code I had access to. It just occurred to me...the code I had was taken from the board templates.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told Sakura where I accessed the code.

Unfortunately, they're having issues with the section of the ACP that handles the logo, and as luck would have it, the board templates where the code is accessible from.

And no, I don't have the password they're being prompted for. I "regained" access last time because it randomly stopped asking for the password after like 2-3 months of asking for one.

Do you still have that access by any chance? Would you regain it if you were temporarily modded?

This is a pickle :/

Do you still have that access by any chance? Would you regain it if you were temporarily modded?

This is a pickle :/

No, I accessed that from the ACP (no longer available without Mod+ permissions, and most functions are locked behind Super+ permissions). If Sakura or Flame can't get in, I wouldn't be able to, either, even if I temporarily regained the mod power I had.

At least, not until it randomly stops prompting for a password. Again, last time this issue existed, it just randomly STOPPED being an issue. No one did anything. It just stopped demanding a password.

No, I accessed that from the ACP (no longer available without Mod+ permissions, and most functions are locked behind Super+ permissions). If Sakura or Flame can't get in, I wouldn't be able to, either, even if I temporarily regained the mod power I had.

At least, not until it randomly stops prompting for a password. Again, last time this issue existed, it just randomly STOPPED being an issue. No one did anything. It just stopped demanding a password.

We have the problem that even if Striker and he other devs create an updated card maker we can't implement it right?

We could try contacting IPB staff I guess?

In that case...you probably HAVE most of the code I had access to. It just occurred to me...the code I had was taken from the board templates.

That doesn't sound good. I've already hinted that the HTML code references PHP code that is not referenced, which I imagine is what you were referring to before. Not good.

We have the problem that even if Striker and he other devs create an updated card maker we can't implement it right?

We could try contacting IPB staff I guess?

For security purposes, I somehow doubt IPB staff would be able to do anything (in this area) for anyone who isn't the site's owner. Even if they were Administrators/Super Mods/Moderators. It's probably a second security layer set up by YCMaker that...for some reason is attached to that level of access and reapplied for no apparent reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if it needs some sort of software update only runnable from the back side.

Last time, it acted up for a few months. I doubt it'll be a permanent obstacle...but it's such a random nuisance.

That doesn't sound good. I've already hinted that the HTML code references PHP code that is not referenced, which I imagine is what you were referring to before. Not good.

Well, upon looking at the page source of the cardmaker...

Yup. That's the stuff I had. And yup, referencing key bits that isn't available. Whee!

I assume it's possible to build or code those areas yourself and change the points being referenced. I mean...you've got the skeleton for the code.

Evil you mentioned at one point that you could make someone have equal powers to YCMaker, and Crab Helmet did it in practice...would it be possible to promote someone to that level and reset the password?

Or does that need the glitched section as well?

I don't know off-hand. I never tried it.

But security things like that wouldn't (I imagine) be accessible from the ACP, because the passwords and restrictions PROTECT the ACP. Security things would more likely be controlled from the IPBoard side of things, so that only the site owner (or someone with access to the site owner's IPBoard account, not touching that with a ten-foot pole) can modify.

Well, upon looking at the page source of the cardmaker...

Yup. That's the stuff I had. And yup, referencing key bits that isn't available. Whee!

I assume it's possible to build or code those areas yourself and change the points being referenced. I mean...you've got the skeleton for the code.

That's what I feared that we'd have to do. It's a good thing we have access to the templates used in the card maker and templates for both Pendulums and Links. Though, I'd have to ask Sakura if he could make the Link Markers each go on and off individually as they currently aren't able to do that in the current Link template.

I don't know off-hand. I never tried it.

But security things like that wouldn't (I imagine) be accessible from the ACP, because the passwords and restrictions PROTECT the ACP. Security things would more likely be controlled from the IPBoard side of things, so that only the site owner (or someone with access to the site owner's IPBoard account, not touching that with a ten-foot pole) can modify.

Eh, pretty sure Pika said something about being able to. We may have to bring her into this...

That's what I feared that we'd have to do. It's a good thing we have access to the templates used in the card maker and templates for both Pendulums and Links. Though, I'd have to ask Sakura if he could make the Link Markers each go on and off individually as they currently aren't able to do that in the current Link template.

Eh, pretty sure Pika said something about being able to. We may have to bring her into this...

Pika said something about someone spreading a rumor she was able to do something. She also noted that she hadn't done that. It's a matter of she didn't do it cause she couldn't or she didn't do it cause she didn't want to

Still leaves the problem of replacing the code for YCM, which we can't do if we can't access the code

Yeah...there's a section of the ACP that refers to the card maker, but even with maxed out permission and being Administrator level, it was inaccessible (not password-protected, just "You don't have permission to access this"). Either it's tied specifically to YCMaker's account, or the info is behind the IPBoard account. That's my hunch, anyway, and that's where I suspect the php files would be.

I talked to Pika already. The info she had, unfortunately, does not apply to the issue we're having.

So idea, if we can't get into the place where the card maker is, Sakura and others are able to manifest code in the profiles, can we create a separate place on YCM for the update card maker?

Barring that, I was headmin on an IPB forum back in 2014? And the owner was doing some illegal things and I needed proof for authorities. You can change the password for the IPB user and log in as him, but that's something I'm not sure we should do :/

How do you guys update prices in the Shop, cause if you can do that, you can create an "Updated Cardmaker" option and have it link there

Yeah...there's a section of the ACP that refers to the card maker, but even with maxed out permission and being Administrator level, it was inaccessible (not password-protected, just "You don't have permission to access this"). Either it's tied specifically to YCMaker's account, or the info is behind the IPBoard account. That's my hunch, anyway, and that's where I suspect the php files would be.

I talked to Pika already. The info she had, unfortunately, does not apply to the issue we're having.

Yep. The uploadImage() function's full php code reference is ycmaker/uploadimage.php, so it is tied to his account. Lovely.

So idea, if we can't get into the place where the card maker is, Sakura and others are able to manifest code in the profiles, can we create a separate place on YCM for the update card maker?

Barring that, I was headmin on an IPB forum back in 2014? And the owner was doing some illegal things and I needed proof for authorities. You can change the password for the IPB user and log in as him, but that's something I'm not sure we should do :/

How do you guys update prices in the Shop, cause if you can do that, you can create an "Updated Cardmaker" option and have it link there

That would probably be literally illegal. Like...could be sued/arrested type illegal.

The Shop stuff is accessible via ACP. And yeah, creating a different link would probably work (I don't know, never tried it). But the bigger issue is the code we currently have is...a bare-bones skeleton that is actually less functional than the site's. Thus, requiring time/effort to get to a stage where an updated link or similar would help.

That would probably be literally illegal. Like...could be sued/arrested type illegal.

The Shop stuff is accessible via ACP. And yeah, creating a different link would probably work (I don't know, never tried it). But the bigger issue is the code we currently have is...a bare-bones skeleton that is actually less functional than the site's. Thus, requiring time/effort to get to a stage where an updated link or similar would help.

Even if we get that far, the question remains is how are we going to host the new PHP code? I can host it on my site, but I don't think some people would be comfortable with me having that much power.

Even if we get that far, the question remains is how are we going to host the new PHP code? I can host it on my site, but I don't think some people would be comfortable with me having that much power.

You're right.

"Screw the fact we have a functional, updated cardmaker despite us wanting this for years! STRIKER *spits* has the code".

I had more pressing concerns when I did it. It's an option, just not one I would take

Just to clarify, you became Administrator level? Like what Falling Pizza and YCMaker are, and no dice?

I had more pressing concerns when I did it. It's an option, just not one I would take

Just to clarify, you became Administrator level? Like what Falling Pizza and YCMaker are, and no dice?

Yeah, when I discovered I could self-promote to Administrator (ooh, red name), I tried accessing the "forbidden" areas. No luck, leading me to think it was either YCMaker-specific, or IPBoard area-specific...aka, YCMaker's money.

Yeah nobody would care, and if it bothers you that much we can host it on a dummy user's account and promote him to red admin

Yeah nobody would care, and if it bothers you that much we can host it on a dummy user's account and promote him to red admin

It doesn't bother me at all, just speaking out loud a possibility. I can host it on my site. It should be interesting though how that'll work. XD

EDIT: Whelp, my byethost account just got suspended. Shame.

It doesn't bother me at all, just speaking out loud a possibility. I can host it on my site. It should be interesting though how that'll work. XD

EDIT: Whelp, my byethost account just got suspended. Shame.

So what now exactly? We can't get the Cardmaker Code without a bit of code that's on YCMaker's acct?

Mm.. I admit, I'm trying to follow, but I'm getting a bit lost. A mere tinkerer doesn't an expert make.

I understand that we have the skeleton code, but you say that some of the real meat and potatoes of the code is locked in YCMaker's account, right?

So you guys' idea is... what?

Archived