Let's Fix the Card Maker!

Tinkerer

PHP templates? I'm not sure. I do know we have access to the card templates, so it's just a matter of doing the coding. Right now, I'm trying to find another webhost.

Maybe the way to go is to have a thread up for others willing to help do that coding bit. Dova mentioned he could help, there's likely more people here that can help

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the way to go is to have a thread up for others willing to help do that coding bit. Dova mentioned he could help, there's likely more people here that can help

By all means, if you think it'll help out; if you or someone else wants to put up that thread, go for it.

Sakura did mention being able to set up a section for this endeavor, didn't he?  He might be busy, but maybe another mod could set that up and the thread could be thrown in there?

By all means, if you think it'll help out; if you or someone else wants to put up that thread, go for it.

Sakura did mention being able to set up a section for this endeavor, didn't he?  He might be busy, but maybe another mod could set that up and the thread could be thrown in there?

Having a mod do it might be better

I have a sadly infamous rep on this site that wont help

Yeah, I'll go set it up in a bit. 

There are a few forums left over from renovation that we can just repurpose for this. 

But like evil mentioned, the coding for the cardmaker is also locked in the Look/Feel module which also governs the logo area. Once I can get access to that, then I can post the coding for you guys to tinker with. 

(As for Link Markers, you guys will have to work it out on your own, though would require hosting all 8 arrows as their own images; my GIMP template requires you to delete them in layers)

Yeah, I'll go set it up in a bit. 

There are a few forums left over from renovation that we can just repurpose for this. 

But like evil mentioned, the coding for the cardmaker is also locked in the Look/Feel module which also governs the logo area. Once I can get access to that, then I can post the coding for you guys to tinker with. 

(As for Link Markers, you guys will have to work it out on your own, though would require hosting all 8 arrows as their own images; my GIMP template requires you to delete them in layers)

Are you still able to change prices in the shop sakura? We can create a new link for the Updated Cardmaker if you can

Yeah, I can change the prices in shops. 

Only things I'm locked out of at the moment is just getting to the cardmaker templates and the theme/logo. Though, you guys might recall that shop is still broken.

If you look at the top, there's 

Cardmaker Forum Members 

Etc. It's workable that we can replace the card maker with the update version Striker wants, but to put it up there we'd need to access something we currently can. Best solution is to create a new tab "Updated Cardmaker" type deal

I'm not too sure about editing the top bar; don't think I can do it, even with Super powers. 

But for those of you who are in on this project, there is a design forum that can be used for talking things over without some random guest getting in and stealing it for themselves. PM me for the password if you want in (unfortunately, it had to be done because even with the added security measures for registering + setting it to members only, we'll still get randoms). 

I am going to let you know right now that this project is going to take time as we don't have the code yet. Even when we do get the code, it's going to take time implementing and testing it off-site before we get it in. This is all assuming that we can get access at all.

Shouldn't lock any threads in the custom cards sections until then.

This shouldn't affect the comings and goings of YCM as a whole for a good while at least. This project won't lock any CC threads; don't worry.

Even if it did, the decision to lock threads resides solely with me, and on the rulebook.

If you don't update your threads on time and/or with content and lack a valid excuse, then threads will be locked. 

(This isn't towards you, but towards Hulkty.)

But yeah, in a nutshell, the project will be tested elsewhere and not in the actual coding. As I've said before, I don't have access to that part right now; least without requiring some password for who knows why.

Even then, you guys all know that Written Cards are a thing, and there is no shame in making them. (Or use TCGEditor; as imperfect as it is right now, you either have this or MSE). 

I know nothing about coding, but maybe I could help out with ideas for the graphics and stuff. I wanna help, especially since I love making cards, and being able to make Pendulums and Links while in my browser would be my dream come true. If there is anything I can do to help, I will.

Archived