AGM Archetype Design Contest #3! (Trap Phase)

Draconus297

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Is making several archetypes at once for the DPR in a rush to get a tournament ready by January.

*Sees Draconus comment

*Cries a bit

*Smears tears off face and gets back to work because I asked for this

I've also been pretty busy. Hopefully I can get corrections done by tomorrow.

Yeah this was late. Terribly sorry. [spoiler: Sleepy 89.5/100] Literacy: 24/25

There’s really only Aura Burst helping the speed of Gemini Summoning, but considering your Field Spells, Terraformaid, and Fairy Princess really are telling of the existence of Catalyst Field and make having it better, I think you’re fine. Probably make some Traps that make the Deck faster though (Not sure how you’re doing that without making something similar in scale to Rekindling though)

Creativity: 24/25

The “turn player” bit is interesting since you don’t have to control it to use the effect, which is kinda mimicking the idea of having 2 Field Spells with their effects and how they’re used. The Fusion Spell has a interesting twist, being able to Set monsters instead of sending them to the GY, and with the GY effect is really nice. Kinda wish the GY effect wasn’t opt, but that’s just the part of me that loves Gem-Knights talking.

Balancing: 16/20

The Field Spells seem… a bit annoying. By that I mean it seems they can be used outside of the archetype to just screw with Field Spells, which is interesting but not really fun in terms of gameplay. Other than that your fine. Aura Burst is good with the Field Spells, and the Fusion works with the fact you can get monsters on the field. I’m a bit skeptical of the Fusion destroying a Field Spell AND changing a monster you control to face-down Defense, but the Field Spells can be recovered pretty easily so I think it’s fine.

Interactivity: 18/20

Field Spells work with Terraformaid and make sense when running Catalyst Field and Terraforming, which give a lot of opportunity in how the archetype could work together. The Foolish Burial/Double Summon can really help in continuing your plays.

OCG: 7.5/10

; activate this card under the target’s control → ; activate this card and place it under the control of the target’s owner. -1

Field Spell Zone → Field Zone - 0.5

. If you do, → , and if you do, * - 0.5

I looked into this a bit and the only card I could find with “. If you do,” is Lancer Archfiend, a late 5Ds era card that seems to not have aged well in terms of official card grammar. It seems it was to stop a run on sentence in the card text since it involved piercing prior to piercing’s problem solving text existed.

materials → Fusion Materials - 0.5

Nitpicks are nitpicks. Despite how redundant it is Fusion Spells have to specify, since otherwise effects that would activate that when used as Fusion Materials wouldn’t function.

[spoiler: Dova 91/100]

Literacy: 25/25

Days and Surge help speed up the Normal Summoning. Quest Complete.

Creativity: 22/25

The fact you have to control Fusion and the lack of Fusion Spell implies Contact Fusion. That in itself is exciting since Gemini monsters can’t truly activate their effects anywhere but the field (unless you’re weird like me and give your Gemini monsters Graveyard effects). The Continuous Spells are fine. Offering is dangerous but interesting, considering how much Dragonic Diagram was used to destroy cards in hand, Tributing from hand should make some cards better and allow for more interesting plays.

Balancing: 18/20

At the moment, there’s no Fusions so I can’t grade this aspect as much. The Continuous Spells seem “balanced” since they aren’t a HOPT, meaning you can stack them. Kinda makes me wish you went the Fire Fist route with your monster line up where they could send the Continuous Spells to the Graveyard, and then made another Continuous Spell. Offering is a bit underpowered tbh, it didn’t need the “You can banish this card from the GY, except the turn it was sent there” clause. Parnimal Surge has only 1 complaint from me, which is that you can Normal Summon monsters from your hand or field. Feel that would’ve been better and sped up the archetype quite a bit. Otherwise, you could’ve switched the first and second effect so you could Gemini Summon the monster you Special Summon with its effect.

Interactivity: 17/20

If only you made more of your monsters interact with Continuous Spells. As it stands, the cards support Gemini fairly well, giving some perpetual advantage to them in general. Bit sad none of the cards interact with the typings of the monsters you made, since at the moment all this supports is the Gemini clause.

OCG: 9/10

effect monsters → Effect Monsters

Fusion monster → Fusion Monster

[spoiler: Joker 85.5/100] Literacy: 25/25

Call of the Parnimal is probably the most direct “I did what you wanted”.

Creativity: 20/25

Call of the Parnimal is… boring. It fulfills the literacy but theres no reason to exist other than being a cop out of the Gemini clause, which of course isn’t a well designed mechanic, but it’s not like it can’t be done well. The Fusion Spell Special Summons ignoring Summoning conditions rather than simply Fusion Summoning… for some reason. At the moment, it’s 2nd effect is kind redundant, considering they’re already in the GY at that point. If you made the card destroy the materials so that the effects in GY would trigger, that would’ve been infinitely better.

Parnimal Sacrifice is a -1 that could’ve benefitted from Special Summoning any of the monster targets and treating them as Effect Monsters, although at that point would need better restrictions.

Training Field however, is incredibly interesting, and makes me wish you went this route in the first place. If you had Graveyard Effects on some of the Monsters it would’ve made a lot more sense to have this effect, but at the moment all it does it what Neo Space: Give the monsters the ability it should’ve had in the first place, which is really sad.

It is a cool idea though, so it makes up for the simplicity of the previous cards.

Balancing: 16/20

Call of the Parnimals is balanced… doesn’t mean this kind of card should exist, but it works. Should definitely have said “Parnimal” Normal Monsters you control rather than just Gemini monsters.

Merging at the moment is just a archetype specific Polymerization, since it doesn’t destroy the Fusion Materials for the effects to trigger, so you wouldn’t run this.

Sacrifice isn’t good enough. The self destruction effects aren’t really good enough to warrant a disadvantage just for whatever card you need. Probably should’ve Special Summoned the Gemini from your Deck and give it its effect if this was the kind of card you wanted, or rather it should’ve had another effect so it could at least compensate for the disadvantage you get from using it.

Training is cool. Wouldn’t say it’s a great card, and its definitely not getting run instead of Catalyst Field. Would’ve been better if you equipped the monsters from the GY to Gemini monsters you controlled rather than having to have 2 monsters on the field for the effect to work.

Interactivity: 16/20

Call works, but conflicts with the Field Spell, where this card would be a dead draw if you already have the Field Spell. That’s a big problem, meaning this card might not even be run in its own Deck unless Terraforming is either limited or banned.

Sacrifice makes sense for the archetype its in with the destruction effects.

Merging is a Quick-play Polymerization. Don’t know how this will go until I see the Fusions.

Training Arena definitely has some interesting concepts going for it, and gives some leeway for how the Fusions will work. Hopefully you can do more with it, but at the moment it’s fine (even though it’s a cop out for most of the Gemini mechanics).

OCG: 8.5/10

Effect monsters → Effect Monsters -0.5

Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by sending Fusion Materials listed on it from your hand and/or field to your Graveyard, ignoring its Summoning Conditions (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon) → Fusion Summon 1 “Parnimal” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. -1

[spoiler=Trap Cards]

Statue of the Primal Parnimal

Continuous Trap

Special Summon this card as a “Parnimal” Effect monster (Rock/EARTH/Level 3/ATK 500/DEF 2000). If this card is Special Summoned, it gains the following effects based on the Types of the monsters on the field in your Graveyard:

Dragon-Type: This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. If a "Parnimal" monster is destroyed, during the End Phase: You can destroy this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Parnimal" monster from your Graveyard.

Beast-Type: This card is also treated as a Beast-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. All “Parnimal” monsters you control inflict Piercing damage.

Winged Beast-Type: This card is also treated as a Winged Beast-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. During your Main Phase 1: You can target 1 “Parnimal” monster you control. If the target attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. During your End Phase: Destroy the target; add 1 “Parnimal” card from your Deck to your hand.

If this card is destroyed: You can add 1 “Parnimal” card from your Graveyard to your hand, except “Statue of the Primal Parnimal”.

You can only activate each effect of “Statue of the Primal Parnimal” once per turn.

Statue of the Enlightened Parnimal

Continuous Trap

Special Summon this card as a “Parnimal” Effect monster (Rock/EARTH/Level 3/ATK 500/DEF 2000). If this card is Special Summoned, it gains the following effects based on the Types of the monsters on the field and in your Graveyard:

● Spellcaster-Type: This card is also treated as a Spellcaster-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. During either player’s turn, if a card effect would activate that targets a “Parnimal” monster you control; you can negate that effect's activation.

Beast-Warrior-Type: This card is also treated as a Beast-Warrior-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. If a “Parnimal” Normal monster would be destroyed (Quick Effect): it becomes an Effect monster and gains its effects.

● Warrior-Type: This card is also treated as a Warrior-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. If this card is the only monster you control: You can Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” monster from your hand, and if you do, it becomes an Effect monster and gains its effects.

If this card is destroyed: You can add 1 “Parnimal” card from your Deck to your hand.

You can only activate each effect of “Statue of the Enlightened Parnimal” once per turn.

Note: The Beast-Warrior-Type effect is supposed to allow Normal “Parnimal” monsters to use their destruction effect as an emergency. Consider it another way to bypass the extra Normal Summon when in a jam.

Statue of the Passive Parnimal

Continuous Trap

Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Rock/EARTH/Level 3/ATK 500/DEF 2000). If this card is Special Summoned, it gains the following effects based on the Attributes of the monsters on the field and in your Graveyard:

LIGHT: This card is also treated as a LIGHT monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. You can destroy 1 “Parnimal” monster you control; gain LP equal to its ATK.

WATER: This card is also treated as a WATER monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. You can destroy 1 “Parnimal” monster you control; add 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Deck to your hand.

WIND: This card is also treated as a WIND monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. You can destroy 1 “Parnimal” monster you control; destroy 1 face-up card your opponent controls.

If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Deck, and if you do, it becomes an Effect monster and gains its effects.

You can only activate each effect of “Statue of the Passive Parnimal” once per turn.

Statue of the Aggressive Parnimal

Continuous Trap

Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Rock/EARTH/Level 3/ATK 500/DEF 2000). If this card is Special Summoned, it gains the following effects based on the Attributes of the monsters on the field and in your Graveyard:

DARK: This card is also treated as a DARK monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. You can destroy 1 “Parnimal” monster you control; Special Summon 1 Level 4 “Parnimal” monster from your Graveyard, except the destroyed monster, and if you do, it becomes an Effect monster and gains its effects.

FIRE: This card is also treated as a FIRE monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. You can destroy 1 “Parnimal” monster you control; inflict damage equal to its ATK, then add 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

EARTH: During either player’s turn: You can destroy 1 “Parnimal” monster you control; negate the effects of all cards your opponent controls, until their next End Phase.

If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 “Parnimal” monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, it becomes an Effect monster and gains its effects.

You can only activate each effect of “Statue of the Aggressive Parnimal” once per turn.

Parnimal Decoy

Normal Trap

If your opponent activates a card effect that would destroy a monster you control: Target 1 monster you control; send that target to your Graveyard, then Special Summon 1 Level 4 “Parnimal” monster from your Graveyard, except the sent monster, and if you do, it is destroyed instead. During the End Phase: Special Summon the target, and if it is a Gemini monster, it becomes an Effect Monster and gains its effects.

Note: What this card essentially does is switches a monster you control with a Parnimal in your Graveyard. Typically, this is to set up a play revolving around a specific Parnimal. Also, it could be used to skate around mass removal if the situation calls for it (e.g. when the Parnimal monsters you control won't be able to recoup some sort of field presence when destroyed [i.e. anything not Enchantra, Passive Parnimal, and Aggressive Parnimal]). It's an elaborate decoy shield, I know. But hey, it should work okay. I think?

Welcome to the Land of Trap Monsters. Since I have little to no way of winning at this point, might as well have some fun. XD But yea, Fusion Fodder plus a good amount of neat tricks. Essentially, choose your playstyle.

Did no one else turn their Traps in?

Umm no, sorry. It was a hectic time of the year and I actually forgot about the contest. I think I have them somewhere for a very late overdue entry ^^"

Here:

[spoiler=Traps]

Parnimal's Determination

[Normal Trap]

Change all face-down monsters you control to face-up Attack or Defense Position, then, add 1 "Parnimal" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand except "Parnimal's Determination", for each Normal Monster flipped this way. Cards added this way must all have different names. If sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a card with "Gemini" in its text, you can set in the same column as a Psychic, Warrior, Spellcaster, Fairy, or Zombie-Type monster. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

It mentions all Parnimal vanilla Types and can set itself from the Graveyard if discarded by one of the fields. It can also add up to 5 cards, but it requires shenanigans like Book of Eclipse while you have enough of them already on the field. The mentioning of those types makes it searchable by the archetype too.

Parnimal's Instinct

[Normal Trap]

Target up to 1 Fish, 1 Beast, 1 Winged Beast, 1 Reptile, and/or 1 Sea Serpent-Type monster you control (at least 2 of these); draw 1 card for each. If this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect while you control a Gemini Monster: You can change that monster to face-down Defense Position and set this card in that monster's column. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

This is another mass advantage but in the form of draw, and this time mentioning all Gemini Summoned Effect Parnimal Types.

Parnimal's Legacy

[Normal Trap]

Target Dragon-Type monsters in your Graveyard or banished, up to the number of "Parnimal" monsters you control; shuffle them into the Deck and if you do, gain LP equal to the ATK of 1 of them. You can shuffle this card into the Deck to target 2 monsters, 1 on the field and 1 in the Graveyard, including at least 1 "Parnimal" monster; the target on the field is also treated as the types in the text of the Graveyard's target. You can only activate each effect of this card's name once per turn.

It can have a Graveyard's Parnimal give both its types to an unrelated monster, have a Parnimal gain an unrelated Graveyard monster's type, or pass on types from Parnimal to Parnimal, while letting the field target conserve its original type too.

The other effect is meant to recycle Extra Deck (Blat Buldrago, Superalloy Beast Raptinus, or whatever you wanna mix in). It also is aware that the Fusion stage of this contest is going to be part dragons. It doesn't care if they are banished by Dark Law or still in the Graveyard. The LP gain is a small bonus that can pretty much be done every turn in this deck. Otherwise I would have very much liked having it gain the total ATKs xD

Sorry, completely forgot too. Dunno if its too late.

[spoiler=Traps:]Parnimal Intervention
Normal Trap

Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” Gemini Monster from your Deck, then, if you control another “Parnimal” monster, it is treated as an effect monsters and gains its effects, but it cannot activate its effects this turn. You can only activate 1 “Parnimal Intervention” per turn.

Parnimal Ascent
Normal Trap

If you control a face-up monster whose Type is different than its original Type: You can target 1 Reptile-, Insect-, Winged Beast- or Beast-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and if it was a Gemini Monster, immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon it. If you control a Dragon monster and this card was not sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up Gemini monster you control; it becomes an Effect Monster and gains its effects, but it’s unaffected by other cards or effects this turn.

The Last Days of the Parnimals
Continuous Trap

You can target 1 of your face-up Gemini monsters; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” Fusion Monster from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of this card’s name once per turn. When this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 of your Continuous “Parnimal” Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard; Set it to your side of the field.

Parnimal Betrayal
Counter Trap

If a face-up Fusion Monster(s) you control that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck without using “Polymerization” would leave the field while you control another “Parnimal” card(s): You target any number of the Fusion Materials used to Special Summon 1 of those cards in your Graveyard; send the appropriate Fusion Monster to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon that target(s).

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Fusion Monsters]

Gabriel, the Yin Parnimal

LIGHT

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2700/2000

1 Spellcaster-Type “Parnimal” monster + 1 “Parnimal” monster

Must first be Fusion Summoned by shuffling the above cards from your Graveyard into your Deck. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) This card is also treated as a Winged Beast-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card also is treated as the target's Type, until your End Phase. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent would activate a monster card effect that would affect a “Parnimal” monster(s) you control: You can negate that effect. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can discard 1 card; shuffle 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Graveyard into your Deck, then add 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Deck.

Note: This card (and all the “Passive” Parnimal Fusions” only Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” monster from the Deck due to it drawing its Fusion Materials from the Graveyard. Why? If it Special Summoned 2, then it'd be a +2 overall (+1 on Summon, +1 on destruction). If only Special Summoning 1 keeps it a +1 overall (+1 on Summon, +0 on destruction). Additionally, the “Aggressive” Parnimal Fusions should have the ability to go to another one upon destruction while the “Passive” Parnimal Fusions shouldn't be able to lead to an “Aggressive”. Thematic reasoning, mostly.

Lucifer, the Yang Parnimal

DARK

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2900/1800

1 Dragon-Type “Parnimal” monster + 1 “Parnimal” monster

Must first be Fusion Summoned shuffling the above cards you control into your Deck. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) This card is also treated as a Winged Beast-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card also is treated as the target's Type, until your End Phase. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent would activate a Spell/Trap Card that would affect a “Parnimal” monster(s) you control: You can negate that effect. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 2: You can send 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon up to 2 non-Dragon-Type “Parnimal” monsters from your Deck.

Note: This card has more restrictions on its Special Summon upon destruction effect given how it is Summoned to prevent it from immediately returning. In fact, all the “Aggressive” Parnimal Fusions share this restriction.

Terra, the Mountainous Parnimal

EARTH

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2800/1900

1 Winged Beast-Type “Parnimal” monster + 1 “Parnimal” monster.

Must first be Fusion Summoned shuffling the above cards you control into your Deck. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) This card is also treated as a Winged Beast-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card also is treated as the target's Type, until your End Phase. Once per turn, if your opponent declares an attack, this card is attacked instead. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; add 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Graveyard to your hand. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon up to 2 non-Winged Beast-Type “Parnimal” monsters from your Deck.

Note: Looking closely, Terra can lead to Lucifer and vice versa. In fact, the “Aggressive” Parnimal Fusions can all do this while the “Passive” Parnimal Fusions cannot. In fact, the “Aggressive” and “Passive” Parnimal Fusions each share a similar upon destruction effect. And yes, Magical Arm Shield effect there. Lovely, right?

Airus, the Beautiful Parnimal

WIND

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2600/2100

1 Warrior-Type “Parnimal” monster + 1 “Parnimal” monster

Must first be Fusion Summoned by shuffling the above cards from your Graveyard into your Deck. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) This card is also treated as a Winged Beast-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card also is treated as the target's Type, until your End Phase. Once per turn, if your opponent declares an attack: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls, except the attacking monster; take control of that target until the end of the Battle Phase, and if you do, it is attacked instead, and you proceed to damage calculation. You can discard 1 card; destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card. You can only use this effect of “Airus, the Beautiful Parnimal” once per turn. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Deck.

Volcan, the Erupting Parnimal

FIRE

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

2900/1700

1 Beast-Type “Parnimal” monster + 1 “Parnimal” monster

Must first be Fusion Summoned shuffling the above cards you control into your Deck. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) This card is also treated as a Winged Beast-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card also is treated as the target's Type, until your End Phase. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; negate its effects, until the End Phase. You can target 1 monster; destroy that target, and if it was your opponent's monster, this card cannot declare an attack this turn. You can only use this effect of “Volcan, the Erupting Parnimal” once per turn. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon up to 2 non-Beast-Type “Parnimal” monsters from your Deck.

Nile, the Peaceful Parnimal

WATER

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

1 Beast-Warrior-Type “Parnimal” monster + 1 “Parnimal” monster.

Must first be Fusion Summoned by shuffling the above cards from your Graveyard into your Deck. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) This card is also treated as a Winged Beast-Type monster while on the field and in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card also is treated as the target's Type, until your End Phase. When a “Parnimal” monster declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 card from your hand into your Deck; add 1 “Parnimal” card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” monster from your Deck.

Note: In spite of Nile being a “Passive” Parnimal Fusion, it shows some “Aggressive” tendencies due to the nature of rivers and other bodies of water (Tsunamis, large floods, etc.).

[spoiler=Edits]

Avalanche, the Rugged Parnimal

EARTH

Warrior/Gemini/Effect

1800/1000

This card is always treated as a Normal Monster, unless Normal Summoned while face-up on the field. This card becomes EARTH Winged Beast-Type while in the Graveyard or an Effect monster. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with these effects.

● This card can inflict piercing Battle damage. When this card declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is destroyed: You can destroy 1 card on the field.

Merging of Parnimal Spirits

Quick-Play Spell

Fusion Summon 1 “Parnimal” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by destroying Fusion Materials listed on it you control to your Graveyard, ignoring its Summoning Conditions. You can only activate 1 “Merging of the Parnimal Spirits” per turn.

Note: The "ignoring its Summoning Conditions" part should be making sense now, given how the Parnimal Fusions are normally Fusion Summoned.

Parnimal Training Arena

Field Spell

All Gemini monsters on the field and in every Graveyard become Effect monsters and gain their effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 “Parnimal” monster you control and 1 “Parnimal” monster in your Graveyard; equip the second target to the first target, and if you do, the first target gains the ATK and DEF of the second target. During the End Phase: Unequip the second target and Special Summon, and if you do, it becomes an Effect monster and gains its effects.

Oh, I should have seen this earlier and pointed it out, but you messed up on the math for my Monster Phase scores, Draconus. It should be 78, not 68. Sorry that I didn't point that out weeks ago. Also, yea, I decided not to fix Breeze (at least for the contest) as I had bigger fish to fry in terms of getting everything to work better (as per suggestions from past rounds). Shame that the Trap scores weren't up in time. I could have looked into fixing 1 of them too. Oh well, enjoy.

[spoiler=Fusions]Parnimal Peace, Yin

LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 0/4000

1 “Parnimal” monster + 2 Gemini monsters with different names and Types

Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above Materials from your side of the field to the GY. (You do not use Polymerization.) When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target 2 Gemini monsters in your GY with different names; Special Summon them, but they cannot be used as Fusion Materials for a Summon, and if you do, immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon 1 “Parnimal” monster you control. During your opponent’s Main Phase (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon 1 Gemini Monster you control. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn: You can target 1 other “Parnimal” monster in your GY; return this card and that target to the hand.

Parnimal Fury, Yang

DARK - ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 4000/0

1 Fusion Monster + 2 “Parnimal” monsters with different names and Types

Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above Materials from your side of the field to the GY. (You do not use Polymerization.) All monsters your opponent controls are treated as Normal Monsters, and their effects are negated unless your opponent Normal Summons them while they are face-up on the field. Once per turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card: Negate that Spell/Trap Card’s effects and if you do, set it to their side of the field instead of sending it to the GY. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn: You can target 1 Continuous Spell in your GY; return this card and that target to the hand.

Really out of steam. I'm sorry I couldn't give this competition my all.

No edits. I'm happy with what I've made, other than OCG.

[spoiler=Fusions]

Parnimal Prismatic Firefly Dragon

LIGHT Level 7 [insect / Fusion / Gemini / Effect] 1800 / 3200

1 "Parnimal" monster + 1 Normal Monster

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Dragon-Type Effect Monster with this effect.

• It gains 1000 ATK. Once per turn: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and if you do, if it is a "Parnimal" monster, treat it as an Effect Monster, and it gains its effects.

Notes: A 2800/3200 Dragon Insect that revives vanillas, and gives them their re-Summon effect if Parnimals.

Parnimal Fusion can more or less spare the "Parnimal" material. Even if it played in Master Rule 4, its Gemini Summon would move it to a Main Monster Zone. 

It speeds up the deck and opens up Insect and Dragon support for the archetype.

Parnimal Radiance

LIGHT Level 8 [Fairy / Fusion / Gemini / Effect] 2800/2000

1 "Parnimal" + 1 Gemini Monster

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Dragon-Type Effect Monster with this effect.

• Each monster on the field and in the Graveyards is also treated as all Types and Attributes of monsters you currently control. "Parnimal" monsters do not lose a Type(s) when Summoned.

Notes: A more generic Fusion to prevent my previous Parnimals from losing their original Types when re-Summoned or reverted.

It also makes any monster you control able to mix with support they wouldn't normally get, like Icarus Attack on a Sangan if you had a Winged Beast, for example.

[spoiler=Edits]

There are a couple cards that change things in ways beyond just grammar due to my not originally seeing lacking words between the edits. The last one is just the one that had a bigger-looking edit among them.

Parnimal Seer Loi Knight
FIRE Level 3 [ Warrior / Gemini / Effect ] 1500 / 1000
This card is treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Beast-Type Effect Monster with this effect. 
• Once per turn: You can equip 1 monster with "Gemini" in its text from your Extra Deck to this card. This card gains half the ATK of monsters equipped this way. If this card is destroyed (by battle or effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon in Defense Position, 1 monster from your Graveyard that was equipped this way, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Parnimal Primordial Soup Eel

DARK Level 12 [ Zombie / Gemini / Effect ] 2700/0

This card is treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Sea Serpent-Type Effect Monster with this effect. 
• You can choose a Type and Attribute on the field, and if you do, Special Summon 1 monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, with that Type and Attribute. Then, subtract its total Level from Gemini Monsters you control. Monsters whose Level was reduced this way become unaffected by the Summoned monster's effect. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Parnimal Storm

[Field Spell]

If this card is in your Graveyard while you control a "Parnimal" monster and there is only 1 Field Spell on the field: You can target that Field Spell; activate this card and place it under the control of the target’s owner, and change control of the target, and if you do, this card gains the target's effect. The turn player can activate this effect: Send 1 Normal Monster from your hand or field to the Graveyard; draw 1 card. Then, you can send up to 1 Normal Trap Card and 1 Field Spell Card from your hand or field to your Graveyard and draw 1 more card for each. A player can only activate each effect of this card's name once per turn. 

• 2 weeks later...

It seems Eshai has vanished, at least regarding the AGM. He's stopped commenting on anything AGM-related, and has not responded to my reminder.

If everyone is willing to wait approximately another week, I could get in grades for the Traps and Fusions by the end of January.

As long as it gets done, I'm alright with that. And did you see my earlier post about the first round scores?

Huh. I guess I left the actual final score unedited after I did my final edit of the scores.

I do actually put a lot of time and effort into the scores I give, often analyzing and re-analyzing for most of a grading period and leaving the final grade at the end as a judgment of fairness to use as a reminder. I guess that, when adjusting the scores, I forgot to fix the final.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on the contest grades for the last week or so, and the site actually ate my goddamn post.

I'm utterly infuriated, and there's no worthy target for my rage but myself, especially as I tried to put my best criticism forward through repeated use of the "preview post" button to save everything I've been trying to get down.

I've memorized the scores for the Trap Phase, and I'll leave them here with some minor notes, but if you want me to repost those scores with outlined grading rubric there would be more delays.

Remember, this is calculated after the 5-point deduction in the case of Dova and Sleepy.

Striker: 84/100 The primary issue here was a few odd deductions where Literacy and OCG were concerned, but you did get a full 25 in Creativity to really bolster your score.

Sleepy: 82/100 Very solid work with a few minor OCG deductions, the biggest loss coming from Creativity as the Traps just felt like same-y consistency cards . . . IN TRAP FORM!

Dova: 86/100 Your only real major hit came from OCG. Everything else was basically minor nitpicks, probably from being spoiled for choice from your previous good work.

I'm still working on the Fusion/review scores, but I felt honesty was the best policy regarding what happened here.

• 2 weeks later...

So, it has been far too long after I promised the final grades for the contest to be in, so, full disclosure: I'm weathering a flu that's utterly killed my ability to maintain a thought, and it's made me absurdly forgetful.

That said, given the completion state of the OCG, Literacy, and Creativity scores, it does seem like Sleepy is all but guaranteed to win, with Dova in second and Striker in third.

Do you accept this result, or would you wish to wait until I've recovered and finished the grades?

I accept the result. Though I'm also fine with which ever path is taken.

If you wanted to take your time and recover before wrapping up, that is also fine. No rush.

I thought Dova had it tbh xD

Especially because I came in last during the Trap Phase. I thought that maybe had pushed me back.

In that case, first place and AGM membership go to Sleepy, second place and majority of the pot go to Dova, and the remaining third of the pot goes to Striker.

Sleepy, feel free to post the Parnimals in a thread with the Legacy and AGM tags, plus any additional cards you've made.

Dova, Striker, thank you for playing, and you both did extremely well for such an unconventional prompt.

Archived