[Written] Solemn Tactics

Ronald Lop

Counter Trap Card

When a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated: Negate the activation of the next Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, and if you do, banish it.

I like this card, but what if your opponent just ends their turn after you play this card? You need a lot of prediction to use this card properly, but it can be very effective in certain situations, for example, if a person normal summons wightprincess. I'm not sure how good this card would be, but I'm guessing that it'd need a lot of experience to play, and that it'd be fun to do so.

I might recommend just throwing a small LP cost just to keep flavor theme (I dunno, 500-1000 or something) and also limiting it to only working until the End Phase.

I think this would be very interesting, not only as a defensive option, but one that can be used proactively alongside quick effects (i.e. chaining this to your own Omega's hand-hitting banish effect so you not only knock out one of your opponent's cards, but also negate their next one as well, or chaining it to your Master Peace's pop effect). It'd be a card that can be used by a player that really knows opponent decks and what's their crucial card.

Don’t Solemns usually make you pay 1000-2000 LP? That’s just how they are in the game.

I suggest adding that the next effect has to be during the turn you activate this card, though. That way, if it happens during your opponent’s turn, you’re less likely to hurt yourself by tripping over your own Trap’s effect.

Archived