Political Compass 2017 Edition

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually took this thing a little while back out of boredom. Never did much political discussion but I always assumed Id be in the libertarian left quadrant, though im surprised at how far it is. Then again I dont really think that the political compass was meant to be 100% accurate. Id retake it but I dont really care that much its a nice general idea of about where I am on it.

LvROBal.png

x25rjik.png

Economic Left/Right: -8.63 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

Answers:

I don't think there's anything particularly surprising about any of this. Strongly anti-authoritarian, anti-corporate, anti-nationalist, etc. Some things were answered on a technicality and don't entirely reflect my views, though, namely the question on bottled water. The only thing not pushing me even more left is that I don't hold some views that strongly (or strongly at all) and that one question on differing cultures.

x25rjik.png

Economic Left/Right: -8.63 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

Answers:

I don't think there's anything particularly surprising about any of this. Strongly anti-authoritarian, anti-corporate, anti-nationalist, etc. Some things were answered on a technicality and don't entirely reflect my views, though, namely the question on bottled water. The only thing not pushing me even more left is that I don't hold some views that strongly (or strongly at all) and that one question on differing cultures.

You don't think Openness of Sex has gotten too much in recent years?

Huhn, am I the only nationalist here?

I think it has a time and a place. There are definitely reasons to keep to ourselves, I think we get involved in a few too many wars and altercations that we definitely shouldn't.

But I don't think it's right to try and ignore the world on a larger scale either. It's definitely something I'm more in the middle about, despite what the little graph says.

I think it has a time and a place. There are definitely reasons to keep to ourselves, I think we get involved in a few too many wars and altercations that we definitely shouldn't.

But I don't think it's right to try and ignore the world on a larger scale either. It's definitely something I'm more in the middle about, despite what the little graph says.

It's not about staying out of the world, it's about being greater than the rest of it. 

Atleast for me

Anyway the test is weird

"The means of production should belong to the workers who use them" I strongly disagree, but not cause I support private ownership, but rather the workers exist for their country's glory. It belongs to the state, not the worker

People have no obligation to the state, the state has obligation to the people. Means of production should only equate what goes out to the people and what the people need, as they are the ones working on it. With a thriving economy, the country will be accountable to give foundation for the workers to thrive and build. It doesn't belong to state, nor should it belong to state. If anything is for the glory of a country, it is done in vain for nothing more than a name. A country is great when it doesn't need people to say that it is great, as it can suffice on its own. Production is what drives a country.

People have no obligation to the state, the state has obligation to the people. Means of production should only equate what goes out to the people and what the people need, as they are the ones working on it. With a thriving economy, the country will be accountable to give foundation for the workers to thrive and build. It doesn't belong to state, nor should it belong to state. If anything is for the glory of a country, it is done in vain for nothing more than a name. A country is great when it doesn't need people to say that it is great, as it can suffice on its own. Production is what drives a country.

Sometimes what the people need is short sighted and good in the short run and poor in the long run. A planned economy has a better chance of being utilitarian IMO

Archived