Political Compass 2017 Edition

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I feel like the odd man out here. Well, besides Winter, since he is pretty much the exact opposite of me according to this graph.

Most of YCM will be green (similar to modern day Democrats, or liberal republicans)

Red is true communist

Blue is true republican

Purple is gary Johnson 

Most of YCM will be green (similar to modern day Democrats, or liberal republicans)

Red is true communist

Blue is true republican

Purple is gary Johnson 

Gary Johnson is a nutjob, don't put me there.

Sometimes what the people need is short sighted and good in the short run and poor in the long run. A planned economy has a better chance of being utilitarian IMO

Society doesn't grow by settling on what they need. production as a means of growth is by what people desire and push for and the need for that to operate. You can't plan an economy based around what functions for societal desire, as the people are the ones that give it purpose and focus on what that production creates.

[spoiler=Via 8Values]abncY24.png

Was expecting to be less moderate, particularly in the Civil department. Everything else is rather expected. For the people, by the people, united regardless of culture and race, etc. I guess my push against Liberty comes from the fact that ideally some form of governing is required.

Gary Johnson is a nutjob, don't put me there.

Society doesn't grow by settling on what they need. production as a means of growth is by what people desire and push for and the need for that to operate. You can't plan an economy based around what functions for societal desire, as the people are the ones that give it purpose and focus on what that production creates.

What would you do to a worker that neither works, accepts work from the government, nor shows any desire to work?

atm41st.png

Not quite opposites, but getting there. You have to be a little more libertarian 

I mean, you're the closest thing to my opposite here.

atm41st.png

Not quite opposites, but getting there. You have to be a little more libertarian 

I mean, you're the closest thing to my opposite here. Plus, I have to be more pro-market, not libertarian.

What would you do to a worker that neither works, accepts work from the government, nor shows any desire to work?

It isn't my job to support people who do not want to support themselves, nor should it be obligation to force people to provide for someone who they have no obligation to provide for. If the person doesn't work and people support them, that is fine, but I have nothing for it.

It isn't my job to support people who do not want to support themselves, nor should it be obligation to force people to provide for someone who they have no obligation to provide for. If the person doesn't work and people support them, that is fine, but I have nothing for it.

Should they be fed, should the government give them healthcare, should they be executed?

Should they be fed, should the government give them healthcare, should they be executed?

Those are completely different applications. I am under no obligation to do anything for them, that means that I am under no obligation to feed them or provide them healthcare. It is up to people in those fields, or those who want to. If people want to support someone in ways that they will not support them-self, that is not on me to do, but other cans. Execution isn't even on my mind when it comes to people, regardless of who they are. That is moral area that I have no rationale toward.

The following shouldn't really be a surprise, though some questions had caveats that I had to consider when answering, so keep that in mind. I'd also like to keep in mind that while the tests don't show it, I think my views have mellowed out a bit since last year. *shrugs*

Answers to Political Compass

ZRMK5vi.png

Bh90WMg.png

Economic Left/Right: -13.37 

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -13.37

chart.png

More or less representative of who I am as a person.

And we're close friends 

N2hFr1v.png?2h6Mo5Tf.png?1

One old one new.

It's fair to say I hover around the middle constantly, because each side flops.

Thought you'd be a little more Conservative tbh

He used to be, I think being around me shifted him more towards the middle than he was before.

Fascinating, relationships have made me more conservative and less reliant on other. Non-single people tend to be more conservative 

I can see how you'd change the bottom bar, the rest is still up for debate

Like I could explain exactly how I got to where I am now

9eVRRsC.png

Yup

Stopped Trusting Markets and favor government to help give equal opportunity since NAFTA and other trade agreements have devastated Western Virginia and the rust belt 

Became nationalist since Trump and migrant crisis

Democracy moves too slowly for me

And was always kinda socially conservative - gay marriage 

My political views stem from my belief that any given person has the inalienable right to enrich themselves and society and pursue any goals and desires they want, but not at the expense of someone else's ability to do the same. Therefore, I believe it's immoral to buy away someone's ability to use anything, be it an object, idea, or (the right to use) property. I don't stray into full commie territory because I believe that people still have the right to own their own copies of things without other people being able to take them, and think that land ownership may be necessary to ensure one's right to privacy. However, as long as resources are truly scarce, I think that money and means of earning it are a necessary evil to regulate scarcity. That's about the only extent to which I believe that some form of capitalism is ideal or even ethical.

Even then, I think if a product is needed for survival (food, water, shelter, healthcare) or to even function in society at a basic level (means to communicate, transportation, access to information), it's immoral to restrict one's access to it as long as they have the bare minimum needed to survive.

For any resources that are unlimited or in such abundance that they might as well be, I think everyone should have unlimited access to them at no cost.

I'm against most forms of government because I think it's immoral to exert any kind of force on someone outside of self-defense. I think a hierarchy of any kind inherently passively exerts force on others and should be avoided at all costs. I also believe that it's not up to others to defend one's own rights, so a third-party monopoly on force is unnecessary. I think it's a moral responsibility to ensure the rights of others are not infringed upon, but I don't think responsibilities like this should be compulsory or built into society by design.

To put it as simply as I can, whereas right-wing libertarians commonly use the phrase "Don't tread on me," I use the phrase "Don't tread on others."

My political views stem from my belief that any given person has the inalienable right to enrich themselves and society and pursue any goals and desires they want, but not at the expense of someone else's ability to do the same. Therefore, I believe it's immoral to buy away someone's ability to use anything, be it an object, idea, or (the right to use) property. I don't stray into full commie territory because I believe that people still have the right to own their own copies of things without other people being able to take them, and think that land ownership may be necessary to ensure one's right to privacy. However, as long as resources are truly scarce, I think that money and means of earning it are a necessary evil to regulate scarcity. That's about the only extent to which I believe that some form of capitalism is ideal or even ethical.

Even then, I think if a product is needed for survival (food, water, shelter, healthcare) or to even function in society at a basic level (means to communicate, transportation, access to information), it's immoral to restrict one's access to it as long as they have the bare minimum needed to survive.

For any resources that are unlimited or in such abundance that they might as well be, I think everyone should have unlimited access to them at no cost.

I'm against most forms of government because I think it's immoral to exert any kind of force on someone outside of self-defense. I think a hierarchy of any kind inherently passively exerts force on others and should be avoided at all costs. I also believe that it's not up to others to defend one's own rights, so a third-party monopoly on force is unnecessary. I think it's a moral responsibility to ensure the rights of others are not infringed upon, but I don't think responsibilities like this should be compulsory or built into society by design.

To put it as simply as I can, whereas right-wing libertarians commonly use the phrase "Don't tread on me," I use the phrase "Don't tread on others."

See that's exactly me as well...yet I'm a Nazbol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Bolshevism

and you're....not

Archived