(Written) Ahntz Archetype

Phelphor, of the Deep

@luain What about having no cards in hands? @dova but infernities though Make it an archetype that focuses around a single monster (a la SPYRALs), except that monster is a trap monster, or, even better, a Spell monster. @Armoire I second Spell Monster. That sounds cool. you guys told me about mechanic i should use for my next CaC...... while being original. The next one will be an archetype that focuses on a single Spell monster that like no cards in the hand.

This archetype is not really that type (maybe a new boss monster may fix that?)

We shall see!

Worm bait is better but since ants is the theme, I am going with multiplication of RABBITS I mean ants

The archetype focuses on making multiplication of ants better by allowing you to activate it from your hand during either player's turn, grabbing it a lot plus giving it additional effects.

Picnic of Ahntz

Field Spell

When this card is activated, you can shuffle 1 card in your hand to add 1 "Ahntz" card except "Picnic of Ahtnz" from your Deck or GY to your hand. During either player's turn except the turn this card was activated, if you activate a "Multiplication of Ants" or a "Ahntz" card, you can draw 1 card. "Ahntz" monsters you control inflict piercing damage. If this card leaves the field, return all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls to their hand.

Horn of the Ahntz Queen

Continuous Spell

When this card is activated, you can shuffle 1 card in your hand to add 1 "Ahntz" card except "Horn of the Ahntz" from your Deck or GY to your hand. During either player's turn except the turn this card was activated, if you activate a "Multiplication of Ants" or a "Ahntz" card, you can target 1 card on the field and if you do; shuffle the targeted card into the Deck. You take no battle damage involving "Ahntz" monsters you control. If this card leaves the field, return all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls to their hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Horn of the Ahntz Queen".

Rush of Ahntz

Continuous Trap

When this card is activated, you can shuffle 1 card in your hand to add 1 "Ahntz" card except "Ahntz" from your Deck or GY to your hand. During either player's turn except the turn this card was activated, if you activate a "Multiplication of Ants" or a "Ahntz" card, you can target 1 card on the field and if you do; banish the targeted card. "Ahntz" monsters you control can not be destroyed in battle. If this card leaves the field, return all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls to their hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Rush of Ahntz".

Ahntz Apprentice Kid

EARTH Level 1 Insect/Tuner/200/1900

While this card is on the field or in the GY, you can play "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand during either player's turn. If this card is Summoned; you can add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card while this card is on the field or in the GY; "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card gain this effect in addition to its other effects: you can send 1 "Ahntz" monster from your Hand or Deck to the GY. During your Main Phase, while this card is in your GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can shuffle this card into your Deck to add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Ahntz Apprentice Kid" once per turn.

Ahntz Exchanger Spy

EARTH Level 2 Insect/Effect/700/1400

While this card is on the field or in the GY, you can play "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand during either player's turn. If this card is Summoned; you can add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card while this card is on the field or in the GY; "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card gain this effect in addition to its other effects: you can Shuffle 1 card in your hand into your Deck to add 1 "Ahntz" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck or GY to your hand. During your Main Phase, while this card is in your GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can shuffle this card into your Deck to add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Ahntz Exchanger Spy" once per turn.

Ahntz Bringer Demon

EARTH Level 3 Insect/Tuner/1300/800

While this card is on the field or in the GY, you can play "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand during either player's turn. If this card is Summoned; you can add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card while this card is on the field or in the GY; "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card gain this effect in addition to its other effects: you can Special Summon 1 level 2 or lower "Ahntz" monster from your Hand, Deck or GY. During your Main Phase, while this card is in your GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can shuffle this card into your Deck to add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Ahntz Bringer Demon" once per turn.

Ahntz Illusion Clone

EARTH Level 1 Insect/Effect/500/1600

While this card is on the field or in the GY, you can play "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand during either player's turn. If this card is Summoned; you can add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card while this card is on the field or in the GY; "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card gain this effect in addition to its other effects: you can add 1 Level 3 or lower "Ahntz" monster from Deck or GY to your hand. During your Main Phase, while this card is in your GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can shuffle this card into your Deck to add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Ahntz Illusion Clone" once per turn.

Ahntz Medicine Lady

EARTH Level 2 Insect/Tuner/0/2100

While this card is on the field or in the GY, you can play "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand during either player's turn. If this card is Summoned; you can add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card while this card is on the field or in the GY; "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card gain this effect in addition to its other effects: you can gain 800 Life Points. During your Main Phase, while this card is in your GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can shuffle this card into your Deck to add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Ahntz Medicine Lady" once per turn.

Ahntz Zaba Enforcer

EARTH Level 3 Insect/Tuner/1200/900

While this card is on the field or in the GY, you can play "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand during either player's turn. If this card is Summoned; you can add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card while this card is on the field or in the GY; "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card gain this effect in addition to its other effects: you can have all "Ahntz" monsters you currently control can not be targeted by your opponent's cards or effects until the End Phase of this turn. During your Main Phase, while this card is in your GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can shuffle this card into your Deck to add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Ahntz Zaba Enforcer" once per turn.

One of the Bosses: A link monster too.

Ahntz Link Queen

DARK Link 1 Cybrevse/Link/1500/Link-1

link points south

1 Insect-Type monster

While this card is on the field or in the GY, you can play "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand during either player's turn. If this card is Summoned; you can add 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card while this card is on the field or in the GY; "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card gain this effect in addition to its other effects: you can have all "Ahntz" monsters you currently control gain 300 ATK and DEF and all face-up monsters your opponents currently control loses 300 ATK and DEF until the End Phase of this turn. While a monster is co-linked to this card, this card can not be targeted for attacks. During the End Phase send this Banished card to the GY. During either player's turn, while this card is in your GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can banish this card then, shuffle 1 "Ahntz" card in your GY into your Deck to Special Summon up to 2 "Ahntz Pupil Token" (Insect-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 800/DEF 800) in Defense Position. You can only activate each effect of "Ahntz Link Queen" once per turn.

Ahntz Link King

DARK Link 2 Cybrevse/Link/2100/Link-2

link points south and southeast

2 "Ahntz" monsters

While this card is on the field or in the GY, you can play "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand during either player's turn. If this card is Summoned; you can add 1 "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card from your Deck or GY to your hand. If you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card while this card is on the field or in the GY; "Multiplication of Ants" or "Ahntz" Spell or Trap card gain this effect in addition to its other effects: If you have no cards in your hand, Special Summon 1 "Multiplication of Ants" from your hand, Deck or GY as Normal Monster (Insect-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 1900/DEF 300). (These cards are also still Spell Cards.) While a monster is co-linked to this card, this card can not be targeted for card effects. During the End Phase send this Banished card to the GY. During either player's turn, while this card is in your GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can banish this card then, shuffle 1 "Ahntz" card in your GY into your Deck to Special Summon 1 "Ahntz Prince Token" (Insect-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 1900/DEF 500) in Attack Position. You can only activate each effect of "Ahntz Link King" once per turn.

One way to not turn people off from your archetypes is to work on formatting to make it look nice. You don't have to go crazy with fonts and text sizes, but consistent and well-used spacing and spoilers are helpful.

Consistency ends up being quite a problem in this Deck. Let's say you open one of the 3 Spells while going second, and have 3 cards in your hand that you don't need:

1.  Activate whichever one you opened with. If it's not Picnic, search out Picnic with its effect, otherwise search out whichever of the other two suits your purposes.
  2.  Activate whatever you just searched. If you didn't have to search Picnic, you get a draw, otherwise you get a shuffle/banish (the two best means of removal). Regardless, search out the third Spell.
  3. Activate whatever you just searched. You now get a shuffle/banish AND a draw. Search out Bringer Demon.
  4. Summon Bringer Demon. Search Multiplication of Ants. You now have 4+ cards in your hand (will say number>+ as I give the minimum number of cards assuming you didn't open Picnic, which would give you 1 more), 3 face-up Spell Cards and a monster. Will now refer to it as  And you're just getting started.
  5. Activate Multiplication of Ants. Bringer Demon nets you Apprentice Kid, and thanks to your Spells, you get a draw, a shuffle AND a banish. That's 3, maybe 4 cards removed from your opponent's field. And the best part is that all those removal effects were optional, meaning if banishing/shuffling would benefit them, you wouldn't have to. Illusion Clone gets Multiplication from the GY.
  6. Summon Queen with one of the Tokens, searching another Multiplication from your Deck.
  7. Activate Multiplication, Tributing your second original Token. Apprentice sends Illusion to your GY.  Get another draw, shuffle and banish if you need to, and now you have 4 monsters on your side of the field along with 6+ cards in your hand. Again, still just getting started.
  8. Activate Multiplication, Tributing 1 of your new tokens. Now, you'll be wanting to Summon them in ATK position Draw, shuffle, banish, etc.. Illusion nets you a search, so grab Exchanger or Zaba; Medicine Lady sucks, and while I would normally say Zaba does too...you have no other means of protection or staying power. So, either of the first two. Anyway, now you have 7+ cards in your hand and 5 monsters. 
  9. Use Queen and Apprentice to Summon King. Grab a Multiplication from the GY. 8+ hand.
  10. Use 1 of your Tokens to Summon Queen beneath King. Grab a Multiplication from your GY. 9+ hand.
  11. Activate a Multiplication on a Token. Draw, shuffle, banish, etc. 
  12. Use another Token beneath King to Summon another Queen. Grab your Multiplication from your GY. 10+ hand.
  13. Activate a Multiplication on a Token, this time using Queen. Draw, shuffle, banish, etc, and now use Queen to buff all of your monsters by 300. You now have 6 monsters, total ATK at 800+800+800+1800+1800+2400=8400 ATK. If they haven't gained LP, your opponent is dead.
  14. After your BP,  if they're still alive, use both of your Queens and 2 of your Tokens to Summon two connected Ib the World Chalice Maidens. 10+ hand and Ib lock. What fun.

The aftermath of this grants you one potential disruption for your opponent, but then they can easily wipe your field with little or no protection. Zaba is probably in the GY as you discarded him with your hand limit, probably with all your other Ahntz too, BUT if they don't OTK, since all of your monsters have effects that work in the GY, you can almost completely restock your field, and with 6 cards, you have an even greater chance of doing so. So, not much your opponent can do unless they can nuke your hand, field AND GY. And of course, this is only including the external card Ib. If you open Raigeki and Twin Twisters along with one your Spells, you've already won.

This is a very flawed set. I can complain about it all I want, but I need to help you. Your enthusiasm is almost unequaled in the card creation section, and I believe that if you listen to criticism and comments, you'll become a much more well-liked and simply better card maker. So, here are the problems I've found with your implementation of your idea, and archetype as a whole.

• Hand Advantage: Your no HOPT on your Field, and your recyclability of Multiplication, basically means you're never going to run out of cards in your hand. The Multiplication bit is inevitable, but I think you need to focus more on GY play if you want to keep your hand size down. Actually, why even use the theme? Yes, it was suggested, but the problem is that none of the cards really need it, and the only hint to it other than the "shuffle to search" mechanic is King's effect. You could buff King a little and remove the effect without anything really changing.
  • Quickly on the topic of spells: Why do they return all Spells/Traps to the hand? I can understand all of them doing it, but why all of them?
  • Combos: The Multiplication -> Token -> Queen -> Bring back Multiplication combo is a bit too easy. I won't even talk about Queen's stats as a Link 1 monster, but whatever. I wish she was actually a little more generic, and different to the rest of the archetype, to perhaps give Insects a little push...but they do have Krawler Links, so, perhaps thats not needed.
  • Link Monsters: Again, wish both the Links were different from the rest of the archetype. They just seem to be a fustercluck of effects (some of which I will talk about later) and their return to the GY when banish effect is too slow all in all to really warrant its placement. The archetype seems too fast for that in theme; don't put it in. The one thing Ahntz doesn't have is outlasting ability. They don't have bosses with protection, and the closest thing to protection is your continuous Spells, which only deal with battle protection. Also, unless you use other Link Monsters, your custom Link Monsters aren't going to become co-linked, as they all point down. Very sad.
  • 1 Card Support: Look, this archetype is heaven-sent for Multiplication, but I wish it supported it a little more rather than "insects and tokens lol". Actually use the Tokens. You have a Link 1; make it the first proper low Link-spam Deck! And, as you see from above, you have far too MUCH support for it, as all of the monsters shuffling from the GY to grant you a search for it are too slow to be of much use.
  • Speed: Your archetype is fast, as easily seen by the combination of effects granted by your Spells, and Multiplication...multiplying. But the wait a turn GY effect for all of the monsters does not tie into this. I would suggest nerfing your monsters outside of the Summon and effect granting effects...and really leaving it at that. They're good enough as is.
  • Effect Stacking: You just need to get 1 of any Ahntz into the GY, then you are set for using its additional effect on Multiplication for the entire game. Might I suggest instead "If this card was sent to the GY this turn, ..." to tie into the speed of the archetype, but not just allowing you to Foolish a monster for the entire game. This might even make the recycling from the GY somewhat useful.
  • OCG: It's not great. So many mistakes here and there, and I again would suggest reading Zaziuma's (slightly outdated) OCG thread for a better grasp on how to write effects. But here are some basic ideas:
    • "Condition: Cost; effect." Use this rule to write activating effects. Condition involves when the effect triggers, or when you can activate it, or even (Quick Effect). Always starts with a capital letter. This ALWAYS ends with a colon if it is included, even if you are going straight onto an effect. Cost is the part of the effect that takes place immediately when the effect activates, before it resolves. This would include discarding a card to activate, Tributing a monster to activate a card, or even targeting. (although that's not really a cost.) This always starts with a capital letter, and ends with a semicolon if it is included. Effect is the actual effect that takes place when it resolves. Not much to say here, other than it starts with a lowercase letter.
    • Previous effect from your card: "During either player's turn except the turn this card was activated, if you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or a "Ahntz" card, you can target 1 card on the field and if you do; shuffle the targeted card into the Deck."
    • Rewritten with more proper OCG: "During either player's turn, if you activate "Multiplication of Ants" or an "Ahntz" card: You can target 1 card on the field; shuffle the targeted card into the Deck."
    • Changes made: I removed the a referring to Multiplication, as it isn't needed. I separated the targeting effect into the Cost part of the effect, as it activates before resolution of the effect. I also removed the and if you do bit, as costs are automatically required to go through in order to perform the effect.

Hope these criticisms were helpful. I really just am trying to help you improve. Just keep working at it, listening to people, and making an effort to learn the required skills, and you can get there!

Archived