[DPR] Apparently Gargoyles make cool Stun Cards (Pendulum Edition)

Eshai

Meek Sentry of the Citadel

EARTH - Level 4 - Field/Pendulum (3/3)/Effect - 1000 ATK/1900 DEF

Pendulum: At the start of your Main Phase 1: You can Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone.

Monster: You can only Normal or Special Summon this card at the start of the Main Phase 1. The turn player can only Special Summon once per turn. If this card would be destroyed by battle and sent to the GY, you can place this card in your Pendulum Zone instead.

Not much that's new. Amorphage has already been known to be a sort of Stun Pendulum Deck. However, I think Gargoyles would be a cool concept as Pendulum monsters, since they're statues and all. This is a bit tough to get rid of permanently, but the idea is that your opponent can usually start Special Summoning more in the MP2. There's also the fear of Setting this card, since if you Set it beforehand, you can flip this face-up at the end of your Main Phase 2.

Some weaknesses include that if you Special Summon it from a Pendulum Zone, you can't Special Summon for the rest of that turn, and if your opponent has effects that can Special Summon during your turn you could possibly get screwed. These are made up though by the fact you can Pendulum Summon all your monsters at once. I'm planning on making Gargoyles into a sort of sub-stub where they have faster stuff than the usual stun deck but your opponent can also still make plays. Getting stunned normally means you just can't do anything. That isn't fun. Great Shogun Shien was always annoying but it was fair in a sense you could still make plays, and that's what I'm going for, which is also more akin to the speed of GX era Decks if that's your fancy.

This idea looks pretty solid. Eventually I'll be making 1 or 2 more monsters, as well as a Link Monster for Pendulum Summoning. Wonder if this is going to become a cool thing.

Archived